PES 2010 (Pro Evolution Soccer 2010)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 388
  • Views Views 64K
we can't just expect a game to be perfect because NO game is perfect out there.

You've obviously not played MLB 09: The Show. Simply the best sports game ever made, graphics are great, gameplay is great, presentation is excellent, and the commentary is ******* awesome. :wub:

I was a PES maniac until Fifa 2009, now i think Fifa is massively better
They need to sort the Campaign/League mode. Its so boring and repeatitive in PES
Being able to increase your own players stats rather than it auto increasing is a must for me
Better online is essential
Hopefully more than 2 licenses for PL?

Im thinking Chelsea and Arsenal will get licensed

Got a source?
Its true and official Sean,ive been doing some sniffing about.

Konami unveils new 360-degree control system, and more key gameplay advances determined by fan requests

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that PES 2010 will benefit from 360-degree control and further elevating the unrivalled realism of the title.

The announcement comes following Konami’s close contact with the global network of PES and football fans, who have played a key role in the development of the new game. Via forums and feedback, the PES Productions team in Tokyo has canvassed opinion on elements fans hoped to see included in PES 2010, and 360-degree control was part of the long list.

360-degree control will be available on both the PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD versions of the game via the analogue sticks on the respective controllers. The system will allow players to spread the ball with ease, opening up new attacking and defensive possibilities. PLAYSTATION 3 owners will also benefit when using the Dual Shock’s D-Pad, but Xbox 360 and Win D-Pads are limited to eight-directional control due to technical limitations of the hardware.

Konami has also confirmed a number of similarly crowd-pleasing elements as requested by the fan base, including:

Manual Goalkeepers: PES 2010 will be the only football title to offer users complete control of the keeper. Players can switch to their goalkeeper at any time, and will enjoy total control of his actions.

New Goalkeeper Moves: Players can now perform quick under-arm throws to their nearest defender to get attacks rolling more quickly.

All-New Animation: Key animation related to dribbling, running, turning, etc, has been reworked and enhanced, creating a more natural and organic feel to the way players chase down balls, change direction and move around the pitch. The result is a more fluid and natural look to the game.

Fine-tuned Close Control: The PES Productions team has worked to improve trapping of the ball and basic close control elements, giving the user more ways to spread and move the ball around effortlessly.

Manual Ball Request: The ability to demand the ball when running into space is now available to the player, and will be accessible in all game modes, such as multi-player, online, etc.;

Simpler Skills: Moves such as feints, drag backs and upper body feints can be applied more naturally when taking on or trying to beat an opponent. The PES series has long been associated with clever flicks and tricks, and PES 2010 will boast the most to date.

"The PES community has been an incredible asset in the development of PES 2010, and we can finally lift the lid on the many requests the team has been able to meet,” explained Naoya Hatsumi, Producer for PES Productions at Konami Digital Entertainment Japan. “We have strived to make the system work and coupled with the new AI and player elements in the game, it helps make PES 2010 a much richer and more realistic experience.”

“We cannot thank the PES community enough for their unerring support and constant stream of ideas,” commented Jon Murphy, PES European Team Leader. “They have offered a non-stop list of elements and options that has given the team so much to think about. As anyone can see, we are committed to making such things happen, and the addition of 360-degree control and extras such as the manual goalkeepers, being able to demand the ball, and all-new animation shows that the PES team are determined to make PES 2010 the greatest football title imaginable.”

Well there you go, looks like 360 has been confirmed on the Xbox and PC versions after all.

Good to see Konami taking a leaf out of SI's book and listening to its fans.

Last edited:
Cheers JP. It sounds good. Looks like I will have to learn how to use the analog :)

Its gonna be interesting to see what game uses the 360 movement better.

Is that so? I've never noticed. I tried using R2 to do it (same as FIFA) when I last played but it didn't seem to make a difference. Do you have a video of it in action as I'd like to see it.

lol no i don't video myself playing, but it isn't r2 on Fifa anyways r2 is sprint on Fifa, i think you may have the games mixed up?

Cheers JP. It sounds good. Looks like I will have to learn how to use the analog :)

You don't now!!! keep up with the times man. I'm loving the quick keeper through outs idea

Yup same here Sean, I'm going to have to start using the analog too. Was never any need before.

I'm excited about the sliders, in previous games you really couldn't get your team to play how YOU wanted. There were some simple options but nothing more than that.

However I hope the AI is better, I just can't stand playing Be A Legend because of the terrible terrible AI. The opposition will play down the flanks and put in crosses, but your team almost never ever will, instead choosing to force the ball through the middle. I also HATE that the AI can't see, they see you on one side of an oppo player, and they will try to pass it through the guy to you causing a loss of possession! I also hate how they will run right into the oppo players and lose possession. I also notice they will do the same move if they dont have a passing option and a guy closes down on them. They will fake right go left turn around run backwards then pass back every time.

Yup same here Sean, I'm going to have to start using the analog too. Was never any need before.

Same. There was never a need for the analog controls on PES as you could only go in 8 directions anyway, which is what the d-pad is made for.

Ive seen gameplay videos of the new pes game and this had increased my excitement. The 360 degree movement will be a great addition as well as anfield and old trafford finally being licensed in the game. The goalkeeper gloves will be licensed as well which is fantastic. The sandbags have gone off the nets and are replaced with a simple white bar which makes the goals look so much more realistic. The nike blue superfly's and silver T90 laser are just some of the great boots in the game. I have also heard they you will be able to edit both boots and nets in the game- Great!!. Everyone knows about the addition of the Europa league and now both the champions league and europ league are in the master league as well as real money, the master league grows every close to manager mode on fifa in terms of realsim. I have to say that from the screenshots, the player faces, lighting and graphics are fantastic. This makes the whole look of the game look superb. Germany are, at last, licensed so none of that major editing in order to get the german national team realistic. I have also heard that the in-game editor on kits is so good that you can now make the kits look perfect as if they were licensed. Anyone know if any german clubs will feature in the new game??

according to wikipedia this is the licensed club list:
Club teams
Boca Juniors
River Plate
Red Bull Salzburg
Baku
BATE
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
Racing Genk
Standard Liège
Internacional
CSKA Sofia
Levski Sofia
Litex Lovech
Dinamo Zagreb
APOEL
Slavia Prague
Sparta Prague
Teplice
Brøndby
Copenhagen
Liverpool
Manchester United
Levadia
HJK Helsinki
AEK Athens
Olympiacos
Panathinaikos

Debrecen
Maccabi Haifa
Aktobe
Ventspils
Sheriff Tiraspol
Rosenborg
Stabæk
Benfica
Nacional
Porto
Sporting CP
CFR Cluj
Dinamo Bucureşti
Steaua Bucureşti
Timişoara
Unirea Urziceni
Amkar Perm
CSKA Moscow
Dynamo Moscow
Rubin Kazan
Zenit St. Petersburg
Celtic
Heart of Midlothian
Rangers
Slovan Bratislava
Maribor

Partizan
Red Star Belgrade
Athletic Bilbao
Atlético Madrid
Barcelona
Deportivo La Coruña
Espanyol
Mallorca
Racing Santander
Real Madrid
Real Valladolid
Sevilla
Valencia
Villarreal
AIK
Hammarby
Göteborg
Basel
Sion
Zurich
Beşiktaş
Fenerbahçe
Galatasaray
Sivasspor
Trabzonspor
Dynamo Kyiv
Shakhtar Donetsk
Vorskla Poltava

They have Hearts Kris!

Last edited:
WOOOOOOO i hope this is true and not some loser trying to upset me on wiki. Would make my day...roll on October

WOOOOOOO i hope this is true and not some loser trying to upset me on wiki. Would make my day...roll on October
It would be good if we could set up some sort of FM-Base tournament or league when the new Pro Evo comes out Kris.

It would be good if we could set up some sort of FM-Base tournament or league when the new Pro Evo comes out Kris.

Yea we did a good one on pes6 before all the lag ****. Would be a good laugh

why are man united & liverpool the only english clubs licensed again?

Back