PFA Player of the Year shortlist.

Mata should be on young player list, Modric and Dempsey maybe eclipse Parker but difficult to tell due to different roles.
Other players I would say Parker deserves it more

Why? He turns 24 for this month, he's a well established player, shouldn't be anywhere near a youth list.

Why? He turns 24 for this month, he's a well established player, shouldn't be anywhere near a youth list.
because there are too many good players who deserve to be there for such a small list. Basically RVP and Rooney take 2 spots so we're down to 4 already. Can make an argument for each player to be included.

Mata should be on young player list, Modric and Dempsey maybe eclipse Parker but difficult to tell due to different roles.
Other players I would say Parker deserves it more

What has Parker done exceptional at all this season? Apart from being adored by the media? Mata is single handedly carrying Chelsea's attack, Cabaye is the backbone to Newcastle's superb season, Valencia has probably been the best winger in the league, Modric is just excellent, Dempsey has had a storming season and has done no wrong except not playing for a top club and Arteta has been a passing supremo for Arsenal.

If Captain Vantastic doesn't win Player Of The Year then its a Joke.

Head and shoulders above any other player this season.

Think Williams (Swansea), Holt, Ba, Dempsey, Kompany and Valencia all have a better case than some of the players nominated.

The same age as Sergio Aguero so that is a mute point. Mata should be on one of the lists without a doubt.

I agree 23 shouldn't be classed as youth but the facts are it does in this case so Mata should be there.

The same age as Sergio Aguero so that is a mute point. Mata should be on one of the lists without a doubt.

If anything Joel is saying Mata should be in the main list. lol.

Completely forgot about Newcastle players. Shocking how they've been left out. Ba, Krul, Cabaye and Tiote all have more reason to be there than Parker.

What has Parker done exceptional at all this season? Apart from being adored by the media? Mata is single handedly carrying Chelsea's attack, Cabaye is the backbone to Newcastle's superb season, Valencia has probably been the best winger in the league, Modric is just excellent, Dempsey has had a storming season and has done no wrong except not playing for a top club and Arteta has been a passing supremo for Arsenal.
don't really feel like debating this properly with you (I have no strong affinity to any players/ clubs on the list) but as I said most players mentioned so far have a viable argument to be on the list. Parker has done exactly what he did last year to win it. Defensively solid, Unbelievable work rate, very committed. Maybe he shouldn't be there above others but there are also viable arguments as to why he is on there

I don't think all the nominees are correct but RVP will win and that is deserved. Hopefully the football writers player of the year nominees will be better.

Parker has done exactly what he did last year to win it.

Didn't he win Writer's Player last year? The media are madly in love with him so he'll probably win it again, don't worry.

Didn't he win Writer's Player last year? The media are madly in love with him so he'll probably win it again, don't worry.
I don't care if he wins or not, just giving a reason as to why he was nominated instead of everyone just dismissing him and thinking it a 'joke'

Parker shouldn't be there, Hart shouldn't be there, Welbeck shouldn't be there, Chamberlain definitely shouldn't be there. Aguero shouldn't be in the YPOTY category, but thats more of a gripe with the rules.

Its farcical that James McClean isn't in the YPOTY nominees. Caulker could have easily been there, been class for Swansea. Then again he's a centre back for Swansea so isn't going to get much attention. Victor Moses could easily have been in there as well, far more deserving than Welbeck imo.

Parker shouldn't be there, Hart shouldn't be there, Welbeck shouldn't be there, Chamberlain definitely shouldn't be there. Aguero shouldn't be in the YPOTY category, but thats more of a gripe with the rules.

Its farcical that James McClean isn't in the YPOTY nominees. Caulker could have easily been there, been class for Swansea. Then again he's a centre back for Swansea so isn't going to get much attention. Victor Moses could easily have been in there as well, far more deserving than Welbeck imo.

And even Hoillett is more deserving then them both.

Yep, Hoilett could easily have been on there. Yakubu deserves a mention as well, Blackburn would probably already be relegated without the goals he's provided this season. So much wrong with this list its unreal.