PFA Player of the Year shortlist.

Personally, I think theres only one man who should get this award.

These are usually voted for early in the year for some reason.

RVP deserves it, but Silva might take it based on early performances.

Last edited:
van Persie, and Aguero. Even though Aguero shouldn't be in that list.

That isn't too late then. Expecting RVP to walk it.

Lolwot. An inconsistent Aguero over Ba? No Dempsey, who has ripped **** up for Fulham?

I'm not usually one to make conspiracy theories about top clubs, but this does seem a little biased. No player outside the top four nominated...

Aguero's for young player though, Ba's far older.
Agree though overall.

The fact that Clint Dempsey was left off this list along with Demba Ba is rediculous. I hope RvP wins and also don't see why Danny Welbeck was nominated. Probably Sergio Aguero will win the young player even though there are better options...

YPOTY is a joke, I have no idea how Chamberlain can even be mentioned, No doubting he has a bright future but theres young players who have played week in week out for smaller clubs, Moses, Hoilett and McCarthy to name a few who are overlooked because they dont play for a top 4 club.

Hart is no doubt a great keeper but i would'nt even name him as the best keeper this year let alone put him in POTY running, Both Krul and Vorm have impressed much more for me than Hart has.Those two have won their sides points on their own and while i do rate Hart the defence he has infront of him helps him look alot stronger than he is.

Mata, Kompany, Dempsey, Arteta and pretty much 4 or 5 Newcastle players will be asking themselves what more they have to do to be in the running when the likes or Parker and Hart who are not even standout players in their own sides let alone the league get the nod ahead of them.

Rooney, Van Persie, Aguero are rightly in the running and based on early season Silva deserves a mention, Would be nice to see a defender get a mention though because there is plenty who have been solid this season for their clubs, Kompany, Evans and the two Swansea CB's have been very solid this season but it will always be the more advanced players who get the nod because they do make all the headlines.

I would be suprised if Van Persie does'nt win it, He is more than deserving, As for the YPOTY i could'nt care less because the names left out off the list make it laughable, Atleast the POTY has three who are desering.

Bit stupid that votes are taken in February, HALF WAY THROUGH THE ****** SEASON! And where are the likes of Britton, Ba, Kompany and Dempsey ? stupid!

Worst. list. ever.

At least RVP will win.

Going to ignore young player of the year as its a joke.

Doesn't Leon Britton have the best pass success % in the whole of Europe, possibly the world this season?

Doesn't Leon Britton have the best pass success % in the whole of Europe, possibly the world this season?

To be fair, 99% of his passes are sideways or backwards.. Unsure how creative he actually is. Sure someone will come along with some stats and prove me wrong though. :)

To be fair, 99% of his passes are sideways or backwards.. Unsure how creative he actually is. Sure someone will come along with some stats and prove me wrong though. :)

Indeed he is actually a very safe passer, unlike Xavi, Carrick, Scholes etc.

Technically, he's got a worse pass percentage than Josh McEachran. ;)