Phil Jones Completes Manchester United Deal

Dunno if this true or not about the Jones transfer or if it has actually been completed but,
Ashley Young heads to Manchester United but Phil Jones deal stalls | Football | The Guardian
Manchester United will officially sign Ashley Young when the Aston Villa forward returns from holiday later this month but their capture of Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers has been delayed by a dispute over the defender's transfer fee.

Jones passed a medical and agreed personal terms with United on Wednesday after the Premier League champions met the £16m release clause in the contract Blackburn awarded the 19-year-old in February. He then joined the England Under-21 squad in Denmark in preparation for the European Championships convinced, along with United and his agent, that the deal had been done.

Blackburn's owners, Venky's, have since said they do not have to accept a £16m transfer fee and, mindful of interest from Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal, believe he is worth more. Venky's have refused to transfer the player's registration and it may fall to lawyers to decide whether the wording in Jones' contract allows him to be sold at £16m or merely speak to clubs who meet that price. United are said to have no concerns that Jones' transfer will be completed and for £16m.

Deal is done. £21m deal (including add-ons).

There is no official confirmation. BBC, SKy, Guardian have all reported 16.5 Million and nothing much about addons. Maybe face saving measure by the BRFC.. We need to wait to know the exact fee...

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

And also wont be worried about Add ons, and 20 Million for a 19 year old defender? Not bad for the club rumored to be skint and dont have money for any signings ;)

There is no official confirmation. BBC, SKy, Guardian have all reported 16.5 Million and nothing much about addons. Maybe face saving measure by the BRFC.. We need to wait to know the exact fee...

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

And also wont be worried about Add ons, and 20 Million for a 19 year old defender? Not bad for the club rumored to be skint and dont have money for any signings ;)

It's done. It'll be signed when he gets back from Denmark. Serious newspaper confirmation including Blackburn's manager stating that it'll be closer to £21m with add-ons.: Manchester United celebrate Phil Jones transfer triumph but Blackburn claim to have secured inflated fee - Telegraph

If the last bit was an attempt at a dig at me, then you need to read my posts more carefully as that one missed ;) You're £16.5m up on what you were expecting to spend this summer already though - how's the multi-player deal going on with Sunderland to recoup some of that?

It's done. It'll be signed when he gets back from Denmark. Serious newspaper confirmation including Blackburn's manager stating that it'll be closer to £21m with add-ons.: Manchester United celebrate Phil Jones transfer triumph but Blackburn claim to have secured inflated fee - Telegraph

If the last bit was an attempt at a dig at me, then you need to read my posts more carefully as that one missed ;) You're £16.5m up on what you were expecting to spend this summer already though - how's the multi-player deal going on with Sunderland to recoup some of that?

I hear its 17m with 3.5m in add-ons. 16.5m mre than we wanted to spend, but rather we spend than miss out on him. I still want to know why there is 180m+ in our bank, and what is going on with it?

Thats 3 papers reporting 16.5 Million and one 20.5 Million. So it is not confirmed. And also we dont know what exactly those add ons are..

And that was not dig.. It is fact. We are throwing money as Gill said we have money reserved for transfers and we are spending this summer.

Oh we are helping one our Legend though :).. Fringe players at United and will get good game time there.. In this league 12 Million can get decent player like Charlie Adam (I know 9-10 Million), so 10 Million is not big sum to be happy ;)

Actually it is going really well mate. Gibson is now talking to Sunderland, Which is good for all parties. It gives us space in our 25 to bring in another MIdfielder, stregthen there squad and gives him more playing time.

Brown is as good as gone. He is just on holiday, so nothing official will happen until he returns, Again, Makes room for another signings, and keeps our squad balanced.

You should know about recouping money though, with the sales of Joe Cole to anyone who will take him. You know Liverpools Messi ( Gerrard, 2010)

I hear its 17m with 3.5m in add-ons. 16.5m mre than we wanted to spend, but rather we spend than miss out on him. I still want to know why there is 180m+ in our bank, and what is going on with it?

Fair point on getting him now rather than missing out totally. Will it have a knock on effect elsewhere? Hard to tell. Any ideas from your end of structure of deal Mike? Is it lump sum to meet buy-out as was being said when it looked like he was coming to us?

Last accounts it was £113m (roughly the maximum amount the Glazers could pull out as dividends and fees in one season) but that's obviously before you get a lot of pre-season revenue coming in to drive it back up again. Seems to have been an attempt to buy back some of the debt, but the prices went up again which meant it was a fool's game to keep on doing that. Not checked prices of the bonds for a while, but the rumours of a flotation will have done more odd things to that again. Not sure how listing will actually be in the club's interest whatsoever - the interest of the Glazers, for sure, but paying out dividends on top of interest charges with a bond due for repayment? Sounds like worst of all worlds.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

You should know about recouping money though, with the sales of Joe Cole to anyone who will take him. You know Liverpools Messi ( Gerrard, 2010)

Eh Scott, I think I said enough about that transfer before, during and after it was done. Can't use that one on me. Don't think there's any thought of recouping any money on the Cole deal right now - more like cutting losses. Same as PFK (Paul ******* Konchesky as he's fondly known here), Poulsen and Jones. You could use Aquilani if you wanted as I think he's a class little player for a fascist, and you could probably also go for Jova as I did think he'd do a job and be a bit of a cult hero if nothing amazing. None of them will have any impact on our transfers this season though it'd be good to get them off the wagebill.

Eh Scott, I think I said enough about that transfer before, during and after it was done. Can't use that one on me. Don't think there's any thought of recouping any money on the Cole deal right now - more like cutting losses. Same as PFK (Paul ******* Konchesky as he's fondly known here), Poulsen and Jones. You could use Aquilani if you wanted as I think he's a class little player for a fascist, and you could probably also go for Jova as I did think he'd do a job and be a bit of a cult hero if nothing amazing. None of them will have any impact on our transfers this season though it'd be good to get them off the wagebill.

Even we haven't sold anyone Zeb.. ;)

Fair point on getting him now rather than missing out totally. Will it have a knock on effect elsewhere? Hard to tell. Any ideas from your end of structure of deal Mike? Is it lump sum to meet buy-out as was being said when it looked like he was coming to us?

Last accounts it was £113m (roughly the maximum amount the Glazers could pull out as dividends and fees in one season) but that's obviously before you get a lot of pre-season revenue coming in to drive it back up again. Seems to have been an attempt to buy back some of the debt, but the prices went up again which meant it was a fool's game to keep on doing that. Not checked prices of the bonds for a while, but the rumours of a flotation will have done more odd things to that again. Not sure how listing will actually be in the club's interest whatsoever - the interest of the Glazers, for sure, but paying out dividends on top of interest charges with a bond due for repayment? Sounds like worst of all worlds.

Knock on effect is unlikely, as there was going to be a turnover in players anyway. Think the issue with Jones was more of a footballing one in terms of getting him games than anything else, but he will get a good amount. Though i do believe it will have killed any lingering notion of us selling Berbatov and replacing him.

yeah its upto 180+ and yet the Glazers still dont seem to have touched it. Andersred was convinced they would be lining their pockets with it, and yet nothing seems to have happened. Think thats what really bothers me about them, you never know what they are upto.

Nothing heard about how we will pay it, but likely to be a lump sum. One thing i do know its that its wage demands, and not transfer fees that are underpinning who we sign. Hence the baulking at Sneijder's demands.

The listing is something i read last night but not really looked at yet, MUST seemed to warm to it slightly, but who knows

the andersred blog: The facts about Manchester United’s cash pile if you fancy reading his thoughts

[/COLOR]

You could use Aquilani if you wanted as I think he's a class little player for a fascist, and you could probably also go for Jova as I did think he'd do a job and be a bit of a cult hero if nothing amazing. None of them will have any impact on our transfers this season though it'd be good to get them off the wagebill.

Still paying the price for Rafa muck ups... Now thats painful.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Knock on effect is unlikely, as there was going to be a turnover in players anyway. Think the issue with Jones was more of a footballing one in terms of getting him games than anything else, but he will get a good amount. Though i do believe it will have killed any lingering notion of us selling Berbatov and replacing him.

yeah its upto 180+ and yet the Glazers still dont seem to have touched it. Andersred was convinced they would be lining their pockets with it, and yet nothing seems to have happened. Think thats what really bothers me about them, you never know what they are upto.

Nothing heard about how we will pay it, but likely to be a lump sum. One thing i do know its that its wage demands, and not transfer fees that are underpinning who we sign. Hence the baulking at Sneijder's demands.

The listing is something i read last night but not really looked at yet, MUST seemed to warm to it slightly, but who knows

the andersred blog: The facts about Manchester United’s cash pile if you fancy reading his thoughts

There where rumours going round at the weekend that a Asian had invested into the club, and that is where this cash has come from, as the glazers got what they wanted from this invester, leaving this money for the club.

I know the rags reported an Qatar investor, but i was told by a fair reliable man, he thinks it is a asian,

Hadn't seen that one by andersred. Interesting. Rawk had a daft thread where some of them were predicting imminent demise etc. and any attempt at sane discussion just got ignored so I gave up. Know andersred is in with the MUST crowd so has an angle with the stuff he does but it's fishy as **** to have that amount of cash sat doing nothing.

What's interesting about wages to turnover is that it's one of the key performance indicators written into your accounts (along with stuff like CL qualification, reaching QF of CL etc) - wages lower than 50% of turnover. You're in the mid to high 40s at the moment (going from memory here).

MUST'll be thinking that it opens the door to ridding club of Glazers if they list. But that's not really how it'll work in practice because the Glazers will hang on to enough to allow them to retain control.

----

Scott - not sure of your point. Transfer fees are spread over a number of seasons by most clubs unless there are unusual circumstances. Such as throwing £3.2m to an agent to find you a homeless guy (that's going to be close to 90k a week for a year if you include tax - ouch!) and an additional £4.8m to a club who'd signed him a couple of weeks before. If you think Aquilani was a muck-up then you didn't watch him play. Hardly a muck-up if the manager gets sacked and then the player is bombed out of the club to make way for the 'everything is all right' stupidity which followed. Dossena, that's a muck-up. Keane, that was a muck-up. Babel didn't prove to be the player expected either. £30m profit on Torres covers a few muck-ups.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

There where rumours going round at the weekend that a Asian had invested into the club, and that is where this cash has come from, as the glazers got what they wanted from this invester, leaving this money for the club.

I know the rags reported an Qatar investor, but i was told by a fair reliable man, he thinks it is a asian,

Being doing the rounds since piks were paid off that there'd be outside investment but Glazers deny it. They've shunted everything off to Delaware now so whatever they're doing, they don't want people nosying around into.