Phil Jones Completes Manchester United Deal

Yeah you know, the guys who set an EPL record for clean sheets, The current best defender in the world, the best ball playing defender in this country, and to top it off Billy, the most successful manager of all time. Nice effort Billy.

Missed point is missed.

I seem to have to write that a lot lately.

Great prospect but a gamble thats for sure. Could become a great player for club and country but time will tell, because of his style of defending i.e body on the line if in dout put it out etc he will pick up knocks like Terry has done in his carrer. He has already sustained a bad injury in his short career so i would worry about that a little bit.

Great prospect but a gamble thats for sure. Could become a great player for club and country but time will tell, because of his style of defending i.e body on the line if in dout put it out etc he will pick up knocks like Terry has done in his carrer. He has already sustained a bad injury in his short career so i would worry about that a little bit.

Leave the worrying for the utd medical team my friend, He passed a nice medical and lets remember he is 19, the current injuries could be as he is growing and playing a combative style, when he finishes his development( physically) i am sure the niggles willl stop.

At least we didn't gamble £50m on a player with injury histories then, right? ;)

Leave the worrying for the utd medical team my friend, He passed a nice medical and lets remember he is 19, the current injuries could be as he is growing and playing a combative style, when he finishes his development( physically) i am sure the niggles willl stop.

He is likened to John Terry and his style if based on JT and Terry is always playing with injurys or nearly getting killed.

At least we didn't gamble £50m on a player with injury histories then, right? ;)

Lol but.... He hasent had one injury in the 6months he has been with Chelsea.

He is likened to John Terry and his style if based on JT and Terry is always playing with injurys or nearly getting killed.

Wow, even more goals than injuries! :p

Yes, But you cant say he will get injured cause JT does, they are different people.

That is cause Torres hasnt actually run or put in any effort since he joined Chelsea. ;)

Yes, But you cant say he will get injured cause JT does, they are different people.

That is cause Torres hasnt actually run or put in any effort since he joined Chelsea. ;)

Oh i know that but he has even said he bases his game on JT and you can see that he will put his head where others wont. I hope he stays injury free for Englands sake but if he wants to continue playing JT's way they he will have complications.

And El Nino has been trying and thats the reason we still chant his name for long periods because he is doing just that lol.

I'm sure this has been said earlier, but Phil Jones went to the wrong club here. He'll probably turn out decent eventually, but I feel he will more be a replacement for Vidic than for Ferdinand (I see Smalling in that role more realistically).

He could have gone to Liverpool or Arsenal and either club would have been better for him. As a Liverpool fan I'm biased, but he'd probably only need half a season before taking over from Carragher and as for Arsenal, he'd probably walk into their first team already.

Change the record. For all you know, he could be the first name down on our teamsheet playing in midfield; so before you say he went to the wrong club; how about we wait until the season actually kicks off.

Change the record. For all you know, he could be the first name down on our teamsheet playing in midfield; so before you say he went to the wrong club; how about we wait until the season actually kicks off.

Somebody is a bit sensitive there. Go on then, you know more than me about united, who is he going to displace in your midfield then? I'm not saying he is not a great signing for you guys, no doubt he has a lot of talent, would have welcomed him with open arms at pool, my point was that it is going to take him a bit longer to break into your first 11 than he would have with us - bad move on a personal level for the kid.

Somebody is a bit sensitive there. Go on then, you know more than me about united, who is he going to displace in your midfield then? I'm not saying he is not a great signing for you guys, no doubt he has a lot of talent, would have welcomed him with open arms at pool, my point was that it is going to take him a bit longer to break into your first 11 than he would have with us - bad move on a personal level for the kid.

Well, I don't know if you've watched United over the last few years but we haven't got a good ball winner in central midfield due to the unfortunate absense of Hargreaves; so I certainly think Jonesy should be starting in midfield for us next season alongside (hopefully) Modric/Nasri/Pastore/Sneijder.

He's 19 years old, he has years to become a first team regular and the fact he has signed with us shows he's a teamplayer who's willing to be patient, he's ambitious & wants to improve and become one of the best defenders/holding midfielders in the world. Now unless Liverpool have the best ball-playing and the best ball-winning defender in the world, aswell as the greatest manager of all time; I don't see how it's a bad move for "the kid'' :S