Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Phil Jones Completes Manchester United Deal

DMF

@dmf180593
Aug 7, 2009
Phil Jones has completed his £16.6M deal to Manchester United, signing a five-year deal from Blackburn.

Breaking news on Sky Sports.
Link to folllow..

Very happy with this.. future looks bright.

Jak

May 17, 2010
Him and Smalling will be the future number 1 CB pairing at Man Utd and possibly England too. Great player

Redders

Get in the Van.
Sep 15, 2005
www.fmstories.co.uk
Currently overrated (no doubting there is some talent though) and very much overpriced. Wish we had sold David Wheater after he had one good season in the EPL, £16m would have been nice.

Better buying a £16m <20 year old than £40m on a 29/30 year old though, I suppose - least when he flops he can be sold for a decent fee because he's young and English. Also the reported £40k a week is ridiculous.

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Dec 16, 2008
Very glad we signed him. He has all the attributes to become our CB in the future and mainstay in the defense along with Smalling

Jake

Super Moderator
Dec 17, 2008
www.vitascricket.co.uk
£10 million too much purely because of his nationality. It's been over 5 seasons since i was last at a pro club, making me worth £0, but the passport i carry means i must be worth £10 million, sign me up.

Alcaraz

Jun 15, 2010
Him and Smalling will be the future number 1 CB pairing at Man Utd and possibly England too. Great player

very unfortunately, their is this player called Nathaniel Chalobah who is also english so no they wont partner each other for England ;)

MisterStubbs

Nov 27, 2009
Very good signing for now and the future. Looked very good last against Spain U21. He looked calm and showed that he can play from the back and his partnership with Chris Smalling also looks very good. Future partnership for Manchester United and possibly England in years to come.

Last edited:

CtPauley

ORVP
Jul 28, 2009
Seems that the deal could be worth over £17.5m as Blackburn have said that it is a potential club record sale.

craig curtis

Aug 13, 2010
was just a matter of time future is lookin good at back with smalling and jones both looked good against spain worth every penny imo

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Jan 1, 2010
I have to say there's going to be quite some good English CB's in a few years.
Smalling/Jones/Coady/Caulker etc etc.

craig curtis

Aug 13, 2010
hope they get given a chance in first team and not upson and lescott and all other england cb rejects time to start buildin for future world cup

Mike.

Staff member
Feb 15, 2009
whether we utilise it well is the question. got some great players about to come through, yet we still play a poor style. Give Pearce the job, if it goes to Redknapp, then England are ******