Player mistakes - This is out of hand

I cannot see whats wrong with the amount of mistakes :/ my best player is in feb and he has 47 mistakes neymar whos my second best player only has 23 but he has played less also. it must be misplaced passes causing a large amount of them.

edit: certain postions tend to be me prone to more mistakes, AMC and CB espesh

Last edited:
Ok, in those cases I could see 1.5 errors per player per game.
Would be beneficial if we had errors leading to a goal scoring opportunity stat?
Any action that has a result that is detrimental to the team could be classed as a mistake. So its what Thebetterhalf said and more. I will PM PaulC to get an exact definition but really the number of mistakes if anything are too low, especially in terms of passing

The most regular bizarre mistake I seem to find with my team is my keeper throwing out a short throw/short pass to my full back, missing the full back my miles and the opposition picking the ball up and getting a quick counter attack chance. Seems to happen every game, they don't always score but when they do it really grinds my gears!

The most regular bizarre mistake I seem to find with my team is my keeper throwing out a short throw/short pass to my full back, missing the full back my miles and the opposition picking the ball up and getting a quick counter attack chance. Seems to happen every game, they don't always score but when they do it really grinds my gears!
Sounds like a bug rather than a player mistake

The only one that particularly bothers me is when the might whole team just watches a cross straight across the goal line for the opposition to tap it in (And I am West Ham at the moment, and have bought 2 strong, tall centre backs due to my deep line!

this happens all the time mate.. I had Kaboul at like 19 heading and 17 jumping and he is a statue...

same thing happening with Samba now..

I'm currently reading a book called soccernomics. It's about the use of in-depth statistics in soccer. In the book there is a quote that is something like that:

"A team that makes mistakes on no more than 15-18% of their actions is unbeatable".

Depending on what the ME calls a "mistake", I think we're being a little too demanding on how many mistakes we expect players to make. If an unbeatable team makes less than 20% of their actions as mistakes, how many does the average side make? My guess is 25% or more.

People underestimate how many mistakes there actually are in a game of football. Forget MOTD, carefully watch your next few matches with the express purpose of looking for mistakes. Actually slightly too few in FM

People underestimate how many mistakes there actually are in a game of football. Forget MOTD, carefully watch your next few matches with the express purpose of looking for mistakes. Actually slightly too few in FM

I totally agree with this.

I'm not sure if there have been bugs (I've seen a few common mistakes that lead to goals that are very frustrating, such as poor 'keeper distribution and players not clearing the ball) but this does happen a fair bit in football anyway. Perhaps those more error prone players need to be given less creative freedom? But it seems that mistakes are more readily punished on FM

the player mistakes are going to happen in FM and in real life, however, the main concern is the amount of errors that lead to goals is quite high..

well, not really actually, on %'s its miniscule, but I had 3 errors (being converted into goals) 3 games in a row, 1 from Pirlo (who has probably the best mental/tech stats in the game) and Samba who has been the best defender I have ever had.. it was not from someone like Strandberg or Onohua who are average if you know what I mean..

yes, these players can make mistakes in real life, I get that, just not one in each game in successive games..

and its stupid passes back to the keeper or holding up the ball.. my keeper is Ruddy who has now 19 in communication so that should help improve things..

other than that I have not had one in a few games and this Fm now is as real to life as possible and loving it ;)

2 mistakes leading to goals over the whole season and only 94 mistakes (just over 2 per game) is actually really good!

View attachment 310989

I must say, out of all my defenders (Mbia being the worst with 2.5 mistakes per game and 3 leading to goals over a whole season is pretty **** good going)

nothing higher than 2.5 mistakes per game over the whole season.. that is actually pretty **** low if you really think about it..

I take back most of my comments

When you consider that De Gea, for example, makes a mistake or two every game like coming for crosses at the wrong times, not getting enough on punches, misplaced passes (quite rare because he has excellent distribution), spilling shots etc then you can understand the error count in FM13.

Imagine managing Ivanovic, and he makes two howlers like he did against Swansea in the Cup this season, you'd be raging but it happens!

Glad im not only that are expriencing this. The best thing is when playing with a playmaker, and he's constantly passing it to the opossing team. Or when he's basically walking around with the ball, and they tackle the ball away from him, and creating a scoring chance.. This needs to be fixed!
I know... mistakes happen in real life, but this is close to beeing joke..

Whole thing looks very weird. I must say I dont look at the game data in such detail (and mostly watch matches on extended/key) so I dont know to what extend that is happening in my team (though I have noticed that esp on extended I do see a number of idiotic mistakes).

Overall though I dont think I have a problem as I manage to win the great majority of matches and it seems so do you RAIKAN, or do you?

Whole thing looks very weird. I must say I dont look at the game data in such detail (and mostly watch matches on extended/key) so I dont know to what extend that is happening in my team (though I have noticed that esp on extended I do see a number of idiotic mistakes).

Overall though I dont think I have a problem as I manage to win the great majority of matches and it seems so do you RAIKAN, or do you?

I do win a few games, especially seeing as though I am QPR and just finished my second season winning the FA Cup as well...

latest patch mistakes.. 13.2.3

so after a few games without any really bad mistakes I have had these two mistakes in a row!

the City game I lost 2:1 and their 2nd goal was ANOTHER mistake from my left back! (not going to load that up, takes too long to upload)

so I lost the quarter final on two completely needless mistakes...

the other one below did not end in a goal, it actually hit the post thank goodness but still, not ideal..

[video=youtube;GqIGXhBRPvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqIGXhBRPvI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
[video=youtube;u3O4ZM7uev8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3O4ZM7uev8[/video]

Well to be fair people have only been ranting about this since forever, glad someone respected by the community finally pointed it out since everyone else usually gets dismissed as a troll!

yeah it was meant to be fixed in the latest patch but to be fair, it has not! I have contacted Mike who contacts SI with a few and lets hope SI can finally sort it out come the new patch!

yeah it was meant to be fixed in the latest patch but to be fair, it has not! I have contacted Mike who contacts SI with a few and lets hope SI can finally sort it out come the new patch!

I've noticed these mistakes too so thought I would be real madrid to see if it was player related and this happens

[video=youtube;-UYwIo2hqro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UYwIo2hqro[/video]

However the good thing is it lead me to develop a 3-3-4 withh newcastle (that is what fm calls it) kept 9 clean sheets in 20 league games believe it or not beating man city at the etihad.