Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
i dont like him me. maybe am bringing real life judgement into the game.

aurellio and insua are my left backs. i bought goossens from ajax too and even hes ahead of dossena

well, he's not played too bad for me but i'm always looking to improve the team. at the end of the first season i'll have a rough idea what dead wood i'll be removing. May even sack sammy lee.. his opinions are useless.. -.-

Essien just scored a cracking header, but torres answered with an amazing finish,
fast pace counter attack bringing us level for the 3rd time this match!
3-3 .. haha this should have the fans off their seats!

Last edited:
Yup you have inspired me Mijaan! First signing is Lewandowski for me.

I put a 9m bid in for Gerard Piqué and it was accepted, just wondering whether it is worth signing him or not as I cant see his stats as of yet (sending out scouts as I speak). Any opinions on him?

And yeah mate, I hate Sammy Lee, as bad as he is on the game as he is in real life.

One thing I've got to do as well is sign all of my coaches again - that's a pain in the **** to do, and setting up their training schedules.

you should of got rid of sammy lee ages ago lol.

Dont waste your money on pique(ex united scum)

agger/skrtl/carragher

Yup you have inspired me Mijaan! First signing is Lewandowski for me.

I put a 9m bid in for Gerard Piqué and it was accepted, just wondering whether it is worth signing him or not as I cant see his stats as of yet (sending out scouts as I speak). Any opinions on him?

And yeah mate, I hate Sammy Lee, as bad as he is on the game as he is in real life.

One thing I've got to do as well is sign all of my coaches again - that's a pain in the **** to do, and setting up their training schedules.

indeed but getting stuck in and setting the coaches and training pays off in the long run so.

its worth all the pain.

Well, he's sacked anyway. i'm looking to sign a new assistant manager, there's a youth coach at Man City who's stats are a tad higher than sammy lee's who could fit the bill for now. Until someone more appropriate comes available, i could offer him a 1 year contract and see if he'll take it i guess.
His name is Jim Cassell, what do you think?

massimo neri is a quality asis manager and he only wants £450 pw on mine anyway.

If you can raise the funds by selling a winger or two i'd buy Nani. I have him in my Sunderland side ( £18M wiped out my entire kitty) but boy was he worth it. 8 goals and 13 assists regularly in the team of the week. The huge bonus about signing Nani is (again if you have the funds) once you get to the next window ask him to recommend a player from his international squad. He'll tell you Veloso, i enquired and got him on the cheap and both are fantastic for me. Bojan will also be available on a free in july and should jump at the chance to join Pool. Good Luck

Lost 4-3 to chelsea by the way. Gutted. The fans hate losing to rivals, and we're having a bad run at the moment. Can't pull a win out of the bag for the last few games, the teams morale is dropping since that lost to portsmouth.

And the next few games are everton and Man U

mino favini from atalanta

hes a scout but got great stats for assistant manager

try offer new contracts to your star players it increases thier morale.

Ack, nearly sold Kuyt and Benayoun to Man City but they rejected contracts from them, nearly had 35 mil in the bag there.

And unlucky on the Chelsea result Mijaan!

gutted about the sale falling through mate. Keep em on the transfer list and offer em out to clubs you'll get em gone eventually..

In fairness though Kuyt has done his part for my side this season, unless you're getting someone absoloutley top class to replace him, i'd hold on to him for abit.
Since pennant is absoloutley pants :P

I'm gonna put in my bids for Mario Balotelli during pre-season see if i can get hold of him, aswell as hopefully signing Bojan for free.

My main thing is a Left and Right Midfielder now

juan manuel mata(wonderkid) and guardado are class left wingers prob the best in game for the future.

right wingers - balotelli is a good buy but he isnt a natural one tho.

I was hoping to get Balotelli, Marquinous (I think thats spelled right) or Witsel for the right and they're well worth selling Kuyt for I reckon!

I might try and get Mata as backup for Babel as well as he's a proven AML for me (was fantastic in my Everton team)

Haha thats funny Gary, I didn't even see your post before I posted then.

I was hoping to get Balotelli, Marquinous (I think thats spelled right) or Witsel for the right and they're well worth selling Kuyt for I reckon!

I might try and get Mata as backup for Babel as well as he's a proven AML for me (was fantastic in my Everton team)

Haha thats funny Gary, I didn't even see your post before I posted then.

what did i say thats funny?

gerrard on the right nah wouldnt be as effective as playing him in the middle.

You could try it mate, I know he's still fantastic on right right from the coaching reports I've had when scouting for other right midfielders but I haven't played him there myself as he's my Playmaker and I prefer the attacks to start from the centre of the park to give my team more options but hey, your teams different to mine!

And I mentioned me signing Mata just as you posted it as well, have put in a bid of 8mil for him.

Back