Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
well aye, my team is based on crosses the ball deep from the byline and getting to the head or volley of torres, owen or gerrard, or we play down the centre with through balls, depends who we're playing and what their defensive line is like, if they have 3 defenders in the centre and none out at the wing i'll play down the wings.

Gerrard is amazing in the centre, i might try him on the right during friendlies.

Got my last match of the season now, i just hammered everton 3-0 and now i'm beating man U 2-0 at half time

You could try it mate, I know he's still fantastic on right right from the coaching reports I've had when scouting for other right midfielders but I haven't played him there myself as he's my Playmaker and I prefer the attacks to start from the centre of the park to give my team more options but hey, your teams different to mine!

And I mentioned me signing Mata just as you posted it as well, have put in a bid of 8mil for him.

on the 9.1 patch you could get mata for like 2.5m but now on 9.2 valencia will never sell him unless you pay like 30m for him.

soo annoying!

Haven't done that much work in the window yet, been getting rid of my terrible coaches, got a new Assistant Manager; went for Neri myself, from Gatid and others' recommendation. And I'm now setting up my formation, won 2-1 at HSV and did dominate it through out so not bad for the first game but I've got a lot to change.

i suggested a way to get balotelli for fiarly cheap early on.

you should get him, hel definatley add to the squad

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

no way torres out for 6 months on my game.

just what i need

Ouch that is not good, who have you got as back up?

And yeah thats what I do sometimes myself, it definitely does lower the initial price so I will be giving him a shot.

lewandowski and keirrison

ngog

windows closed so cant even add to squad. rwell

****** thats a shame about torres. he might be fit in 4 months you never know.

I'm definately after balotelli but it's not looking likely! And i can't get Bojan to come at all!

Well Lewandowski is a fantastic replacement, I always play him and he not only gets goals but tonnes of assists too.

I've won my first 3 friendlies 2-1 and the last one against Crewe I sent out a 23 man squad of reserves so that was good as the others needed a rest.

1.1 million on this one, payed only 800k on my previous game though. That is in the first transfer window though, that price may have inflated a couple of hundred percent by 2009 transfer window!

Ahhhh typical, Torres out injured for a month in a friendly game (won 3-0), at least I've got plenty of time to find a good replacement and try and offload those who are transfer listed.

aye i'm in the 2009 summer transfer window now and i'm looking to sign;

Pablo Aimar
Opare
Bojan
Balotelli

Possibly be selling;

Pennant
Keane
Degen
Senna (even though i've only had him 1 year - regret buying him now)

MAYBE Cavalieri, if i cant find a decent sub goalie as replacement. Depends how much money can be made from selling him.

Torres is injury prone isnt he

good choice of possible signings. isnt aimar getting on abit tho.

senna does have good stats like i guess he cant do it in england.

Last edited:
Yeah Torres is indeed injury prone, Benitez doesn't half pick them.

Wow, I'm quite shocked as to see how varied the stats are of the coaches from my last game to this one. More time searching for good coaches now!

Torres is injury prone isnt he

good choice of possible signings. isnt aimar getting on abit tho.

senna does have good stats like i guess he cant do it in england.

he indeed can!

ive had for my arsenal team

works wonders with fabregas since they are both spanish...

i've tried him along side Javi Garcia who is also spanish but it seems to make very little difference.
Senna has fit right into my mates arsenal squad, i guess that he just doesnt cut it at liverpool.

-- i've been trying to sign Balotelli and inter will NOT Budge!! I've offered from 5M- all the way up to 11M and they still won't even let me have a glimpse at him, not even negotiating at all.

-- Opare will not budge from R. Madrid either :( he feels he's too young and whatnot. He'd be a very decent signing!

i'm in the race for Bojan, offered him almost 3x the wage he wants (which is only 12k anyway) and a first team spot. Hope he comes :P

Last edited:
i've tried him along side Javi Garcia who is also spanish but it seems to make very little difference.
Senna has fit right into my mates arsenal squad, i guess that he just doesnt cut it at liverpool.

maybe your player instructions doesnt suit him.

i get him to man mark the other teams playmakers all game works great for me

eg - i played liverpool thier playmaker gerrard or alonso ill get him to man mark solid ways and ill just beat them with ease.

senna is untouchable when use correctly.

Back