Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
Gerrard out for a month now.

I am getting some decent results though, won every game so far but my defence is a little weak, maybe I need to lower the mentality.

I've got an offer accepted for Huntelaar for 12 million, what do you guys think, is he worth it? I haven't had him before.

Last edited:
yeah i'm probably useless at how i play senna, i'll try and change that about.
I've splashed abit of dosh on Aimar, 7M. He might be getting on abit but he's still in his 20's (29) and he's a good player. I played him fm08 along side lampard as chelsea, i'll be planning on the same this time around but with gerrard, let's see how that works out
--
hm... chelsea have put in an £8M offer for agger (who i currently have on the bench most of the time)... thoughts?
;)

yeah i'm probably useless at how i play senna, i'll try and change that about.
I've splashed abit of dosh on Aimar, 7M. He might be getting on abit but he's still in his 20's (29) and he's a good player. I played him fm08 along side lampard as chelsea, i'll be planning on the same this time around but with gerrard, let's see how that works out
--
hm... chelsea have put in an £8M offer for agger (who i currently have on the bench most of the time)... thoughts?
;)

nah, usually when im arsenal a few season in clubs like milan, inter and barcelona battle for him for about 30m so. 8m is like apacket of crisps lol.

i would play him tbh hes quite good.

hmm sounds like a plan. But i'm not too keen on him.
Anyway looks like i'm gonna be selling keane for about 25.5M to arsenal.

I've signed Bojan, Kerrison and Lewandowski, so i've got a good range of forwards i can keep swapping to and from.
Tempted to sell owen too.

Javi Garcia, who i signed for about 3.5mil might be going for about 6M soon.

And i'm offering pennant out for 4M as we speak (since nobody wants him at 6M or 5M) -_- i was hoping to bag like 8M for him :P

y you sell alonso and i'd play owen cos keanes only good for tottenham

sold keane for 25.5M

I currently have 30M to spend, i'm looking at getting a new solid fullback or perhaps a goal keeper(even though reina is worldclass - he makes some daft mistakes)

I'm not sure.

Here's a list of my current players!

good set of players

nah dont waste money on a keeper, i find it best to have an experience.

just look at how much Juventus would sell buffon for...
lol
58M ? lol

still waiting to hear from a few transfers here and there, pennant is gone now though, happy about that.

Going to play my first Friendly against fulham soon, and field a fresh side of new players, half of the team anyway. And swap them at half time or 70 minutes or something.

Gonna be swapping and changing through preseason to see who works well together.
Bojan, what style of play should i use to support him when played?

anyone got a tip for an amazing leftwingback?

Last edited:
just look at how much Juventus would sell buffon for...
lol

Now that is a little silly isn't it! I do have to ask anyone who said they sold Benayoun, Kuyt and any other average Liverpool player for silly money for some proof. I can't even give Kuyt away!!!

If you're looking for a defender, as someone has suggested, Sakho and Fazio are brilliant choices. Diego Buonanotte (River Plate) is an assist machine for me at AMC, only wish I'd bought him at the start of the season. Henri Saivet (Bordeaux) and Robert Fleck (Rangers) are outstanding youngsters, but does depend if you can get them. A good backup keeper (will need time though, only 18) is Vincenzo Fiorillo. I paid 5m for him from Sampdoria.

Fingers crossed Bojan becomes available for me for free, would go very nicely into my potential heavy team!!!

Did you get Glauber from City? If you did, bin him off, he is terrible

Last edited:
i snapped up bojan, offered him 3x what he wanted and he's now in my squad. I'll be playing him every now and then, hoping he improves more and more as we go along!!

Looking for a left wing back at minute, considering selling Aurelio on for about 6.5M (thats whats been offered) since i play dosenna there anyway.

Glauber, yes. and he's just been an average sub for me, not terrible, but not very good.
still only cost me 1.2M
hoping to sell him on for abit more.

Last edited:
Gerrard out for a month now.

I am getting some decent results though, won every game so far but my defence is a little weak, maybe I need to lower the mentality.

I've got an offer accepted for Huntelaar for 12 million, what do you guys think, is he worth it? I haven't had him before.

sorry for the late post.

yh get huntelaar hes a goal machine!.

I went out before but FM is started up again so back I go to FM! I hope the results i'm getting in my friendlies are going to reflect on the results in the prem, but we'll see, I've still got a few signing to make yet, need another AMR.

Now that is a little silly isn't it! I do have to ask anyone who said they sold Benayoun, Kuyt and any other average Liverpool player for silly money for some proof. I can't even give Kuyt away!!!

Here's your proof mate, you can sell anyone when you've got Man City in your game! And by the way, the one on the left is the game i'm playing now and the one on the right is the game I got sacked later on from!

are you on 9.1 patch? because on 9.2 patch you cant get huntelaar because real madrid already signed him.

but 9.3 come out now so cant WAIT!

gonna start a new game with arsenal.

Aye I am on 9.1 because otherwise I'll lose my Everton save and as i'm in 2013 and I don't fancy losing that until significant changes happen which will hopefully happen on 9.3!

started a new arsenal game on 9.3 patch

first game in champions league qualifer against athletico madrid then chelsea first game for prem some hard games:|

Last edited:
Nice, whats the patch like, any noticeable changes? They are some tough games though, good luck mate.

the major changes i found out is the '7star coaches' thingy

for a coach now they need motivation, determination, level of discipline and etc making the game more realistic which is good for me anyway probs not other people.

Last edited:
Yeah I suppose that's a pretty good change in terms of realism. Unlucky against Chelsea there but a good end result against AT.

I've completely changed my formation and I'm playing my team completely through the middle of the park, no wide players and I'm going to see how it goes. In terms of defence I haven't conceded since I've been using it so as long as I'm not losing games I'll be fine, that is of course unless I have a run of 38 draws and then I may end up mid table :P

Yeah I suppose that's a pretty good change in terms of realism. Unlucky against Chelsea there but a good end result against AT.

I've completely changed my formation and I'm playing my team completely through the middle of the park, no wide players and I'm going to see how it goes. In terms of defence I haven't conceded since I've been using it so as long as I'm not losing games I'll be fine, that is of course unless I have a run of 38 draws and then I may end up mid table :P

least your getting stuck in and recreating a formation.

only lost my 2nd leg because i lost senna at halftime due to injury:( oh well still got through on aggregate.

Back