Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
Right that's it, i'm giving it another go right now. Will be selling Kuyt and Benayoun again and if I get a good offer for Pennant I'll sell him too (I begrudge selling English players). A fantastic buy is Lewandowski, who scored 8 in 11 for me at the start of the season and performed better than Torres, and he only cost me 800k, so will be signing him again. And Axel Witsel was a good buy, although he cost about 12 million I think.

I got Witsel for 5.5 at start of game 9.3

you need a good RB, striker and RW

i picked up darijo srna for RB, great at crossing and free kicks, so i occasionally pump him into midfield

good strike partner for a fast torres is artem milevski, he is stong and tall, and can dribble/finish very well.

RW is a little trickier.. atm i have oleg huysev on loan... undecided as to whether or not he is a permanent solution

After a short break i'm back to picking up my season with Liverpool at the start of the second season. Made loads of signings in the transfer window, a total of 16!

Heres my team at the moment:

GK: Frey/Reina/Cabalieri
DC: Carragher/Skrtel/Agger/Sidnei/Beevers
WBL: Vargas/Dossena/Insua
WBR: Rafinha/Celozzi
MC: Gerrard/Witsel/Alonso/Veloso/Mascherano
AMC: Fernandez/Wilshere/Vukcevic
ST: Torres/Cardozo/Adriano/Lewandowski/N'Gog

Currently playing straight down the middle and it seems to be working fine, I ditched the idea of having attacking wingers and thought about investing in some good wing backs, which I did; Vargas and Rafinha mainly, and they have been on fire.

I also signed a load of youngsters so there in my reserves or out on loan at the moment. Wilshere who is mostly being brought on as a sub in my premiership games and played first team in the cup competitions and is doing great.

One problem i've had is conceding goals late on in the game. I was 2-0 up at Anfield against Arsenal and in the last 20 minutes they got 2 back, which really annoyed me! And then at Stamford Bridge I was drawing 1-1 with Chelsea until they got one back again in the last 20 minutes and I lost the game 2-1.

So yeah, not doing too bad so far but I've got to give my team a bit of time to gel as I've signed so many players, especially youngsters. I'm hoping Axel Witsel will be the next Gerrard for me as he is playing great at the moment.

Hey man, You tried playing gerrard in AMC role see how he performs?
What formation you using at minute?

Hey Mijaan, nope I haven't tried that actually, I Fernandez is usually my number 1 AMC but will give Gerrard a shot there and replace him with either Mascherano, Alonso or Veloso depending on who I'm playing. I've just beat Ajax away 2-1 and Sunderland away 1-0 so all is going well!

And at the moment I'm using 3-2-2-1-2, which effectively is 5-3-2 using wing backs and an AMC.

With liverpool, i play these nice formations

ST-------ST
----AMC----
ML--MC--MR
DL-DC-DC-DR
-----GK-----

---------ST----- Torres (Play him on the right asif you have another striker to work with, gerrard will fill that spot.
--^AMC-------- Gerrard (Abit to the left, Advancing. Long shots, Throughballs etc.)
ML-MCv-MC^-MR Maschrano(Arrow pointing down to defend) And Alonso(Arrow pointing up, attacking. Throughballs etc.)
DL--DC--DC--DR
-------GK-----

-----ST---- Hold up ball (depending on your striker)
-AMC--AMC- Througballs, Long shots from your AMCs'
ML--MC--MR
DL-DC-DC-DR
-----GK-----

Vary your formation every now and again, but the basics are still there..
you can swap around mid-game, your opponent doesnt expect it and their defenders wont know how to handle it for about 10 minutes until they're fully figured out your formation.

Just be careful not too keep changing it too often because your team may get confused as to whats goin off :P

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips mate they look great, will definitely give them a shot if I have any serious mishaps with my current formation.

To be honest, I've never tried changing my formation in a match, unless I've had a sending off obviously, so yeah I will try that, certainly if I have a good lead and am introducing a few wonderkids in to the squad.

My first season with Liverpool I stuck with the 4-2-3-1 formation but changed alot of the PI to make it an offensive formation. I sold Alonso and Babel and brought in Diarra and Vucinic. I also made a couple other smaller moves. I played Torres at striker, Vucinic on the left wing, Kuyt on the RW and Gerrard at AMC with Mascherano and Diarra as my CM. I finished 2nd in the League to Arsenal, lost to Arsenal in the finals of both the Champions League and FA Cup.

For the 2nd season the main move I made was to sell Kuyt and sign Hleb. I moved Gerrard to RW and played Hleb at AMC. I won the league with this team.

Chocman, how much did you pay for Hleb? And is he worth the money?
I need to replace Rivaldo with a top AMC signing this season :)

assistant manager...
you could get pako ayestaran (ex Liverpool assistant manager to benitez)
he's at benfica as fitness coach

Hello,

What are good signings for the first seasen for liverpool?

I dont need players for the future, i need players who can improve the squad right away.

I am starting in 2008 with patch 9.3

- Romatti

get Snra for RB and buy new RW like Huysev

also sell keane and buy Milevski

Need a young RB who can improve the squad now and in the future . First season. Any tips?

I am noob in regards to tactics and positions and stuff, please help 1s seaosn here

Buffon
Hart
Reina
The wonderkid GK from Spain
Davide Stanton
Reira
Mexes
Toure
Matarazzi
Agger
Insua
CarragherLuiz
Masherno
Richards
Ireland
Pirlo
Anderson
Maxwell
De Rossi
Gerrard
Clinchy
Srna
Lucas
Wishere
That OC from Florentina( Forgot his name)
Owen
Van Persie
Torres
Pato
Owen
Burgess
Fowler
Balotelli

And I have lots of other youth talent and wonderkids, but i need help with my current lineup with these guys and tactics, thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I am also waiting for Zanetti, Adriano to get permits.

Its towards the end of the season now, I dealt away some youth with cash for this guys too. also non stop interactions, as they were getting unsettled

I am noob in regards to tactics and positions and stuff, please help 1s seaosn here

Buffon
Hart
Reina
The wonderkid GK from Spain
Davide Stanton
Reira
Mexes
Toure
Matarazzi
Agger
Insua
CarragherLuiz
Masherno
Richards
Ireland
Pirlo
Anderson
Maxwell
De Rossi
Gerrard
Clinchy
Srna
Lucas
Wishere
That OC from Florentina( Forgot his name)
Owen
Van Persie
Torres
Pato
Owen
Burgess
Fowler
Balotelli

And I have lots of other youth talent and wonderkids, but i need help with my current lineup with these guys and tactics, thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I am also waiting for Zanetti, Adriano to get permits.

Sorry to say but you cheated there..if you sold the whole liverpool squad you still wouldnt be able to get the players you have..

ever wondered why your struggling for really good tactic? because you cheated getting all the best players in the world thinking they can play as a unit but sorry to burst your buble but you need your team to gel then slowly bring in players at a team not like 20 in a row..

I also need help on my team, here are the screenshots of my team, tactics, where else do i need to strengthen
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

torres gets injured left right and centre in the first season and second it isnt too bad and let me guess your using the first patch seen as you get bojan for free.. that is the case keane can go for 16-20 million and pennent 10-14 million so that should get you some money in and also get david luiz he will be rotation cb for you and he does play amazing you can get him for 8 million.. by the way i am liverpool in my game and i play 3 centre backs,2 wing backs,3 midfieldiers (2 defensive, 1 play maker),1 attacking mid (gerrard,set as play maker and through balls often for torres and give him a free role)and 1 striker (torres, make him a target man and run onto balls, he scored 26 goals in the first season for me with gerrard having 18 assists) with that formation i just won the league by 1 point, got to the champions league final and lost to inter got knocked out the FA cup by Man city and won the league cup.. Sorry its long winded but it might help you

Back