Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
tried i just can't seem to tear him away from the club, they want like 18M and arent going any lower.

santi cazorla - not the best of stats but he does well for my arsenal side on 9.2 dunno if hes good on 9.3

11 assist and 14 goals thats brilliant

I'll take a look after this match. I've got 23M to spend now, so i could stretch the full 18M to buy Srna but that's alot of money. Do you think he's worth it?

i can get srna for like 14m both its cuz your in 2nd season or something hes worth all the money but cazorla seem to play swell better than srna on my game anyway.

I'll look at both and compare them and see how well they play in their next few games. And compare the prices too see who's better.

srna - is in a different league to cazorla stat wise

but cazorla seem to play like god for me...

i think i'm gonna step up the chase for Srna and pay out the 18M, he definately seems worth it and it's not like i need anything else for my team right now.
He's better than Arbeloa by a long shot.

make sure you try get him as further up the pitch as possible putting crosses in.

Hows the season going Mijaan? I'm currently 5th, just drew 1-1 with Everton and am going into a game against Fulham at home now so hoping to hammer them!

I'm in need of a right winger and am looking to sign Santana, have put a bid in of about 8mil so hopefully they'll accept.

Huntelaar has been on absolutely terrible form recently so I've told him how rubbish he's doing and told him to rest for 2 weeks.

Joint first place with arsenal after 4 games, they're winning on the fact i've got more yellow cards than them so technically i'm 2nd place.

Got vargas, Srna on both wings now, Sometimes play vargas as midfielder and play Dossena as left back.

Bojan and Owen (or torres with one of them) as my 2 strikers, mainly, and Gerrard behind them (or gerrard in centre and Aimar as AMC)

got alot of options now and can change my style to suit the opposition which is good.

the league is going well so far, got some cracking assists and goals and hoping to drive forward and stay in the top 3 all season

:) Srna was definately worth the 18.75M i had to pay for him, i reckon.
Alot of money though.
They wanted 23M for him in the end!

Ahhhh nice, I don't think I'll be able to afford them both at the moment, what budget did the board give you at the start of second season?

I've got Cardozo and Santana coming in, in January for me who I cant wait for, they should really open my team up, I just need a great left midfielder now who I'll probably get in June. Will definitely try and put a bid in for Vargas as soon as I can though!

JUst finhsed my first season on 9.3 and finished 3rd lol..i blame the fact that my board are ****** stupid acepting an 20m for nasri...one of my star players..

and i lost my star defender kolo toure braking his leg..shocking. and lampard scoring 21 goals for chelsea..:| oh my lord thats quality..

only decent thing that happened this season is carlos vela is improving fast and shows no signs of slowing down.. hes got 20 goals 18 asissts? class.

Last edited:
i'm starting a 9.3 games as liverpool.
tho my transfer funds are pants now i can't sell keane for 25 mil this time..
Liverpool have no **** players.
I won't get owen this time, nor most of my other signings.
This season will be much tougher.

indeed, on 9.2 arsenal start with like 50m but now on 9.3 they only start with 15m :| but got 35m ask the board for more money and they gave me:)

i did a naughty.. i saved the game... then asked the board for money.. they said no, so i loaded the game again..
so when i ask them later they arent gonna be ****** off...
normally don't do that but i just wanted to test what had change on 9.3
last time i applied for extra funds twice and they said yes both times.
i ended up with almost 30M to spend
this time, computer says no.
And i've nobody to sell, really.
oh well, the challenge is on :D

i did a naughty.. i saved the game... then asked the board for money.. they said no, so i loaded the game again..
so when i ask them later they arent gonna be ****** off...
normally don't do that but i just wanted to test what had change on 9.3
last time i applied for extra funds twice and they said yes both times.
i ended up with almost 30M to spend
this time, computer says no.
And i've nobody to sell, really.
oh well, the challenge is on :D

indeed, i love a challenge was lucky to not get sacked tho...i put expectations on 'winner' lmao and finished 3rd..

i was abit disappointed that i didnt even get a trophy first season tho..every cup i got into the semi-finals and lost thats sad..

unlucky mate.
Well in my 9.2 season, as you know i got league cup, finished 6th (they wanted top 6 so i got what i set my expectations to) and i came semi finals in FA cup.
But season 9.3 of football manager 2009 is a whole different ball game ;)

also i reinstalled FM and used the 9.0-9.3 patch and now i can't start a 9.2 game =/
i can continue my 9.2 one though...

wierd.
SO!
who do i sign this time around? :P
i hear you can get beckham in 9.3?

indeed.

get guardado or keirrsion look at thier stats i trained them up pretty solid and they are still improving rapidly!

Last edited:
how much did you pay for them mate?
considering i only have 10M to spend

Back