Plymouth Argyle Issued Winding Up Order.

• Thread starter Thread starter Giggles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 6K

Giggles

Reaction score
News coming out of Home Park last night, her Majestys Revenue and Customs have issued a Winding Up Order to Plymouth Argyle and to a related company Home Park Properties.

Argyle will appear, to the Royal Courts of justice, on the 8th December- Its Argyle's 3rd winding up petition, and this appears to be the most serious. Argyle reported a loss of over 2 Million, after relegation from the Championship and seen their lowest crowd since 2001, on Tuesday Night (4960)

Former Cardiff & Leeds chairman Peter Risdale, has been in talks with the club, over a possible investment. The Argyle board confirmed they are adressing the issue.

Your thoughts on this? What are the chances of Argyle, losing their petition?
Save Our Club! :(

I hope everything works out ok for them, they are a really good club.

Shame to be honest, used to go up there 3-4 times a year when I was younger, Used to be a great atmosphere when we were promoted from the old division 2 to the championship.

Hope we come out of it in a good state

What exactly have they been spending the money on? The players are ****. 2 corners of the ground is a building site with no work being or been done to them, work on the lower stand of the grandstand looks none existant. I mean what the ****.

Also, Reid can furk off. Useless.

What exactly have they been spending the money on? The players are ****. 2 corners of the ground is a building site with no work being or been done to them, work on the lower stand of the grandstand looks none existant. I mean what the ****.

Also, Reid can furk off. Useless.
World Cup Bid.
Steve Maclean's wages.
A Year on Emile Mpenza's wages, though he played.. 4.. times

If we do pull through this, we are building a 45,000 seater stadium.. Pretty useless as we managed just under 5000 last Tuesday :@

GREEN ARMY!

World Cup Bid. - Fine with th
Steve Maclean's wages.
A Year on Emile Mpenza's wages, though he played.. 4.. times

If we do pull through this, we are building a 45,000 seater stadium.. Pretty useless as we managed just under 5000 last Tuesday :@

GREEN ARMY!

World Cup Bid. - Fine with that.
Steve Maclean's wages. - I would rather we paid for Steve Coogan to play for us, he would be better infront of goal.
A Year on Emile Mpenza's wages. - Worst. Transfer. Ever.

It's not like we even have a team good enough for league 1 atm. :(

Shame that this is happening, although they did hire a monkey as a manager...

peter-reid.gif

im an argyle season ticket holder, we have a board of millionaires but they are only interested in developing the land and in what must be close to 2 years of having them no money seems to have been invested into the playing squad, that plus relegation has caused dropping gates 4k for the last game though it was a tuesday but for sat games we only tend to get around 6k, i have been informed that this was just a case of missing a deadline and the bill has allready been paid but still hearing that the club could be going into admin is quite annoying

they could end up in a worse state should never build a new stadium unless the finances are there and they clearly are not ipswich done it leeds done it and it almost destroyed leeds and left ipswich in a bad state too

they could end up in a worse state should never build a new stadium unless the finances are there and they clearly are not ipswich done it leeds done it and it almost destroyed leeds and left ipswich in a bad state too

technically Plymouth Argyle dosnt own the club when the new board took over they sold the stadium (to themselfs) the club bought the stadium from the council in 2005 i believe for a small fee for what it was worth

so the club are in a pickle if the current board ever left as a new board would prob have to pay rent to the holding comp and it would cost millions to buy it which as the club have been given a winding up order it would suggest the club has no money

****, I hope Plymouth pull through. I always watch a couple of their games every season as I have family down their.

Green army :wub:

You'll know how **** we are then :L
But thanks mate :D

Yeah. I seen how **** you were when I watched you beat us 3 - 1 :L. Was a good game tbh and I enjoyed your stadium. Good luck as I can see Rovers being in this situation soon :'(

At least Rory Fallon's wages are being picked up by Ipswich :) Hope you get out of it.

At least Rory Fallon's wages are being picked up by Ipswich :) Hope you get out of it.
I assume Fallon, was a panic buy? 1 goal in 12 League 1 matches, doesn't do much holding up of the ball.. Gets another one of the plebs off our books though.

Hopefully we will see it through, and smash Exeter 3 days after going to court.

Argyle till I die (K)

Good luck Plymouth, I don't want any club to get wound up

Just ****** me off that ALL the money is pumped into the top division, meanwhile just 2 leagues down and the FA give almost no support to the struggling teams. Its like the teams that need the moeny most don't exist

Players and staff haven't been paid this month, it doesnt look good :(

After the month we have had, the players don't deserve paying ;)

Some interesting stuff in the Herald tonight- The PFA are ready to pay Argyle's player and staff wages, as a last resort and Argyle need to raise £700,000 in a week, to stay afloat.

Will Plymouth Argyle's last ever match be this Saturday, against MK Dons? Time will tell.

Its been a rollercoaster ride, lets hope it doesn't end soon.. Love You Argyle :wub: (K)

Back