Plymouth Argyle Issued Winding Up Order.

• Thread starter Thread starter Giggles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 6K
Fair play to all of you Plymouth supporters, i would be exactly the same if it was Blues.
Fight for what is right and what is yours!
Money shouldn't run football, fans should :)
realistically that sentence is BOLLOCKS but a good thing to put on a riot sign XD

Lol yeah. It works.

I used to go on holiday in Plymouth, and would hate to see them go under. A good side, just going through a bit of a bad patch.

Is this the 12:30, in the Stoke Social about the fans trust? If so its not a protest- (From the Trust website about looking into future and not the past) I might be attending, might not- It really depends on the reply I get, from the Fans Trust.

This is getting ridiculous. The F.A has all that cash, which they could use to help clubs, help spread grass roots football, but no. Instead they prefer to waste it on relaying pitches at Wembley in which the surface is useless, and other stupid things. How about they get out of FIFA, in which money won't be wasted on worthless World Cup biddings (worthless because as long as cronies like anti-English Blatter are in charge we'll NEVER get the World Cup), and invest in grass roots footie, and more importantly, try to work a way out to save the great traditional football clubs of England. It's happening to often, and the great, traditional clubs are starting to die a slow death.
Really hope Plymouth are saved.

This is getting ridiculous. The F.A has all that cash, which they could use to help clubs, help spread grass roots football, but no. Instead they prefer to waste it on relaying pitches at Wembley in which the surface is useless, and other stupid things. How about they get out of FIFA, in which money won't be wasted on worthless World Cup biddings (worthless because as long as cronies like anti-English Blatter are in charge we'll NEVER get the World Cup), and invest in grass roots footie, and more importantly, try to work a way out to save the great traditional football clubs of England. It's happening to often, and the great, traditional clubs are starting to die a slow death.
Exactly- Its pathetic, as in our local paper, the Football League chairman has said 'The Football League is booming'

We've had no help from the Football League or the FA- Only the PFA (I think) have offered to pay our players and staff wages.

If Plymouth go out of business, does that mean we get to keep Damien Johnson and not have to pay a transfer fee?

Good to see Warnock offering to help out though, the man is a legend! :D

I'm going to be honest, and say I'm really not surprised the only help that's been offered is the PFA. Like FIFA, the FA needs to re-evaluate its priorities. If it was Man Utd in this situation, would the scenario be different? I'm not saying that because Man Utd are rivals, but I suspect they would only look out for the Big Boys of football. I can tell you one thing though. If this situation ever happened to Everton in the future, and the FA offered help, but refused to help lower league clubs, I would not only be ashamed, but disgusted.

Totally spot on mate.

Good luck Plymouth

If Plymouth go out of business, does that mean we get to keep Damien Johnson and not have to pay a transfer fee?

Good to see Warnock offering to help out though, the man is a legend! :D
How has Damien Johnson been? Arnason in midfield, is as effective as using a sock as a condom.

All this talk of going out of business, doom and gloom :O Listen to me, it won't happen- Yes we've been set back from transfer embargo's, World Cup Bid, Relegation & Steve Maclean- But we are a club of unity and togetherness- We will see through this difficult period, and come bouncing back up the Foootball League. You heard it from me first ;)

How has Damien Johnson been? Arnason in midfield, is as effective as using a sock as a condom.

All this talk of going out of business, doom and gloom :O Listen to me, it won't happen- Yes we've been set back from transfer embargo's, World Cup Bid, Relegation & Steve Maclean- But we are a club of unity and togetherness- We will see through this difficult period, and come bouncing back up the Foootball League. You heard it from me first ;)

DJ has been immense! He's one of those players that you don't really notice, but that's because he does his job so well, know what I mean? Easily one of our best players so far this season if not THE best...

Like I said, can we keep him? :P

DJ has been immense! He's one of those players that you don't really notice, but that's because he does his job so well, know what I mean? Easily one of our best players so far this season if not THE best...

In a word - No ;)

I'm going to be honest, and say I'm really not surprised the only help that's been offered is the PFA. Like FIFA, the FA needs to re-evaluate its priorities. If it was Man Utd in this situation, would the scenario be different? I'm not saying that because Man Utd are rivals, but I suspect they would only look out for the Big Boys of football. I can tell you one thing though. If this situation ever happened to Everton in the future, and the FA offered help, but refused to help lower league clubs, I would not only be ashamed, but disgusted.
if it was united? the answer is no. They let the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth collapse.

While i feel for the sides. to expect help from the FA and the Football league is fanciful. at the end of the day the club overstretched itself. hope you guys come throough the other side

Your welcome to keep him, he was ineffective in the championship and if you're willing to pay a probably decent league 1 cm 8.5k a week then by all means take him :) give us a nice fee as well! :P

Players not property.

Johno must be a totally different player now then, because when he was at Blues he gave 120% threw his body on the line for the cause and set up the odd goal. His role at us was to sit deep in midfield and break up and play and he did it superbly.

One of the biggest unsung heroes at Blues at the time...
oh and he did things like this...

YouTube - Damien Johnson Goal Vs West Brom 06/07

...scoring the odd screamer at just the right time helped him to become a fan favorite :)

the negative Johno comments have baffled me to be honest!

Did he go out on loan to Huddersfield because of your financial situation? Or was it purely down to choice...

i think protesting during the game would be more effective as there will be more fans there then continue it after the match, i doubt the board will listen from what i know risdale is going for a full board take over and not just buying some shares

Johno must be a totally different player now then, because when he was at Blues he gave 120% threw his body on the line for the cause and set up the odd goal. His role at us was to sit deep in midfield and break up and play and he did it superbly.

<snip>

the negative Johno comments have baffled me to be honest!

Did he go out on loan to Huddersfield because of your financial situation? Or was it purely down to choice...

That's exactly the type of role he's playing and he's doing it very well!

I understand that we have him because we can pay his wages and Plymouth couldn't (but I also think we have paid a fee for the season loan) AND the word is that Plymouth want him back once (if?) their financial situation improves...

Johnson went on loan to Huddersfield, because of our financial situation- Probably the same with Fallon, Maclean & Seip.

Don't see how a protest will help things, its not like the board seem to be worried about the fans woes. They are in it, just for the money and nothing to do with the football or the club. Lets have a fans trust take over, and see where we go from there.

There's been talk about Noone, BWP and Fallon being sold- My biggest worry there being, we are under a transfer embargo (I think its sell but not buy) so who would replace them?

Reminding me of just over a year ago, and it was us in this position. Lucky we had the legend known as Markus Leibherr take us over, only for him to oh so sadly pass away just a year after his take over. He is a Southampton legend! I sincerly hope that Plymouth can carry on as a football club. I would not wish the situation of a winding up order against any club! It truly is a very sad moment, not knowing whether you will be a club the next day or not. As I said, I hope you can carry on. Good luck, and looking forward to our game at Home Park in 2011! :D

Back