Porthleven - The Cornish Youth Fountain

• Thread starter Thread starter Obscurity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 10K
Keep it going mate,you might as well inspire me to do one too!

How do all your Youth Intake players have 5* PA even though your facilities aren't great? Is it because you're in a lower tier and the players compared to your current ones are better?
Anyways, its a good youth intake :)

yeah, it is compared to the players in that league and his own and basically down there, everyone is **** so everyone is regarded as a 5 pa player, even though they might not have more then 60pa at the very best or something like that :p

March 2015

FtbRi0s.png

wchAzW8.png

​3 League games and 2 cup finals to go before the season ends, the ball is in our court and can we end the season with a treble?

2014/15 End of Season

qYLaeYu.png

W3UBw85.png

OcO5tQk.png

v0BSlvQ.png

7E4EOU1.png

Squad:

4UBJvSZ.png

Key Players:

npMn9u9.png

QlUPl1B.png

Great season! We won a treble and we're now only 2 levels below Blue Square North/ South! For the time being the stadium is still 50 capacity but I wonder what it will expand too and when will it expand?

Use that new money to expand your stadium. I'm sure you were planning on that anyways. :P

Brilliant season. I agree that you need a stadium expansion to progress much further, though.

2015/16 Pre-Season

inOAxXv.png

rhG6ldB.png

5OvAuW2.png

jtrGdq2.png

TbdCMiE.png

A very poor pre-season other than the win against county rivals Truro, our sponsorship is starting to go up and we're selling more season tickets, it's a shame that we can't upgrade the stadium or the facilities though.

Lets hope that poor pre-season doesn't carry into the regular season. I'm sure the season will turn out good for you though :)

August 2015

lvXzG7d.png

Hol53K4.png

8WkTMz9.png

S05rnDw.png

Considering the disastrous Pre-Season, the start of the regular season has started brightly, disappointed with the loss against league leaders Lewes but other than that I'm quite content.

Great start to the season and the finances sound better. How is a sell out any game not a big enough fan base?

The finances can't be very good with a maximum 400 quid gate can they?

September 2015

FZi0TJh.png

FZi0TJh.png

8vXUu5t.png

FSn50YS.png

JJ5Wzex.png

We only played 1 league game this month, which we lost but in the cups we're progressing which means more money for upgrades!

How is your finances at the club, I'm struggling with my finances at Runcorn Linnets, even though the club has turned semi-pro from a amateur club in my second season. I can't seem to get much bigger attendances for my matches, even when in my first season I won the North West Counties Premier Division, FA Vase, North West Counties Challenge Cup & West Riding Senior Cup and in my second season I'm currently top of Northern Premier League First Division & through into the second round of the Northern League Challenge Cup, it's only November 13th 2013. But even though we turned semi-pro, most of my playing staff & non-playing staff are still on amateur contacts because I can't afford to pay them semi-pro contacts, plus the board won't upgrade youth facilities. So my youth recruitment isn't much cop. I assume that the club will enter FA Cup & FA Trophy next season when the club has a bigger reputation.

How is your finances at the club, I'm struggling with my finances at Runcorn Linnets, even though the club has turned semi-pro from a amateur club in my second season. I can't seem to get much bigger attendances for my matches, even when in my first season I won the North West Counties Premier Division, FA Vase, North West Counties Challenge Cup & West Riding Senior Cup and in my second season I'm currently top of Northern Premier League First Division & through into the second round of the Northern League Challenge Cup, it's only November 13th 2013. But even though we turned semi-pro, most of my playing staff & non-playing staff are still on amateur contacts because I can't afford to pay them semi-pro contacts, plus the board won't upgrade youth facilities. So my youth recruitment isn't much cop. I assume that the club will enter FA Cup & FA Trophy next season when the club has a bigger reputation.

yFLhN2v.png

The finances are holding up well I think if you get a cup run going you should be fine.

Back