Who to be!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thejoshster

Reaction score
Football Manager is Here!

Had a change of heart and decided to listen to the public and go with Portsmouth!

View attachment 212783

Portsmouth nicknamed Pompey have a 20,000 stadium known as Fratton Park

View attachment 212784
Founded in 1898, have on average crowds of about 12,000. There biggest rivals being Southampton and are currently in league two and yet to win anything in 8 years.

View attachment 212782
Decent set up but hopefully the board will upgrade :)

So I gave myself a Higher Coaching Qualification but lesser Playing experience than the recommended to add that touch more of realism :)

View attachment 213313
My goal is to really focus on youth development and training to, trying not to spend too much and make our way up the leagues hence the high working with youngsters trait.

I had no say on expectations minimum is to reach 2nd round of capital one cup, 3rd round of fa cup! and achieve promotion...

First thing I did check the staff, out goes the poor goalkeeping coach and fitness coach (fitness and Gk 11 and 12) in two new ones boasting much higher stats.

Ive told the board to look for a parent club hopefully they will find me someone good! and I have 250k to spend not bad

So the squad!

Really unbalanced 7 right midfielders!, 4 defenders in total and two strikers...
First thing I did was to bring in some guys from the youth set up and there are some kids with real talent here observe:

View attachment 213312
On Loan from Ipswich sadly but a young kid with a bright future tackling 12, heading 14 natural fitness 17

View attachment 213311
Ben Close Defensive Midfielder 18 years old one for the future and to help aid development will be playing the youngsters often :)

View attachment 213310
Finally adam webster 20 years old another solid CB quick tall and strong should do well for us in fairness we have some other young kids aswell worth looking out for but these 3 are my top picks currently :)

So my Philosophy in terms of playing style for this is going to be good fast flowing attacking football, direct passing, running at the defence high pressing etc unfortunately we didnt exactly have the start I had in mind...
View attachment 213309
Luckily no one saw it!

Last edited:
i vote sociedad as they just sacked moyes but if u do the benitez thing don't forget chelsea (H)

Seems you made your choice, but I would have gone with Portsmouth, my most satisfying save was with Portsmouth last year, took them to 2nd in the Prem League. Doing AFC Wimbledon this year. Portsmouth have a good base to build from, fans, facilities, little bit of cash, decent side.

Yea I might do them eventually but gonna start off witht the rafa one 1st always easier starting with bigger clubs :p

View attachment 213308
With no RB's in the squad aside a 16 year old decided to make this a top priority in comes 23 year Michael Duckworth fast versatille and high potential didnt come cheap at 240k possibly rising to 400k depending on promotion.

View attachment 213298
So it's Fair to say pre-season didn't go well... Worse I've ever had could not score change of tactic/style on the cards.

Feeder club is now arsenal however instantly regret it as cant get anyone interested to come and join us yet at least

View attachment 213297
Well It took me 3 hours of FM untill half 2 in the morning but we did we freaking did it! Not only did we score but we won! New Tactic did the trick control, slow short passing pretty much the opposite of what I wanted but who cares because we won!

off to bed sleeping happy now ^^

View attachment 213219
Shame, Cup run could have helped get some extra income, outplayed from start to finish and the only couple of chances we did have we just didn't take in fairness Swindon are in League 1

View attachment 213213
Last Minute WINNEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

Delighted with this close match throughout, Plymouth had a penalty fortunately hit the bar, after going one down I gave a team talk did some subs after Roberts scored from cutting inside and in the 92 minute we scored I went Ballistic :p

View attachment 213203
:D Finding some rythm and close to getting a starting 11 settled on, a good good win all over them from start to finish striker was poor though again even though I played Bennet instead of Stockley going to look to his the loan market to bring another in

View attachment 212820

View attachment 981363

View attachment 212819

September: Did not go well, mixed results, the players have still yet to learn my tactic I think partly because my advice from staff each game is to play a completely different system to tailor agaisnt the other team but then by doing so they cant learn the tactic.

I'm Insecure 9th in the league and my strikers have scored 2 goals over 13 matches between them...

They youngsters are doing well, actually there doing just as poor as the rest but no worse than them so that's something.

Screw this I'm going to play to my philosophy or get fired trying we have a decent squad I'm going to find a striker play good football and see what happens.

View attachment 212816
View attachment 981374

View attachment 212814

View attachment 212813

It worked were alive! forget adjusting to each match well only tinker a little, the fans are happier with the style the players morale has improved and more importantly so have the results!

Now were finding some form in the starting 11 and finding out who my key players are!

So I have 3 key players now who are going to determine my season they are:

View attachment 212812
Kyle Bennet joined this year (not me) from Doncaster fast and can really take people on been playing him out wide to suit my formation 4-1-4-1 DM Wide aka 1 dm 2 cm's and 2 attacking wingers.

He was one of the few players scoring before my new striker came and just happens to be one of my key players:

View attachment 212811
On Loan from Sheffield doing very well 5 apps - 3 goals hopefully he can continue with his great start!

View attachment 212810
Mr Captain Fantastic, leading from the back well DM protecting the defensive and supplying my wingers the 34 year old is leading with experience however my coaches tell me he is on decline so unsure whether to renew his contract for next year but this year he's doing great!

View attachment 212808

View attachment 981396

View attachment 212807

View attachment 212806

Well we got knocked out of both the cups in the 1st round :( the news email said we were one of the favourites for the competition...

but on the positive side results! tearing it up back in the play off positions its tight goal is to get top 3 for automatic promotion :)

I came 2nd in manager of the month bah! my youngsters haven't been doing so great :S but hopefully being in the 1st team playing a few matches will really help their development

player of the month:

View attachment 212804
Kyle Bennet take a bow son

View attachment 212797

View attachment 981424

View attachment 212796

View attachment 212795

Awful Awful month, Northampton were simply better than us and deserved their win but how we lost to leyton Orient I will never know we scored twice in 13 minutes and then just fell apart it was horrendous. And then we faced luton two days later we were tired and lost again not good enough 8th in the league plenty of time but we need to find some more consistency going to see if I can get another player in.

View attachment 212793