Who to be!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing playoff final! Must have been a bit of a rollercoaster watching that unfold!

Amazing playoff final! Must have been a bit of a rollercoaster watching that unfold!

Hand in my mouth m8 not going to lie in a lot of ways the 90 minutes was harder because we were doing ok so I was reluctant to change but we werent winning be time they scored I had used all my subs gave another team shout and just watched in agony :p couldnt have written the script better myself! i mean the RB who got criticized by the fans all year scores the last minute winner getting the team promoted! and what a goal it was!

View attachment 212055

View attachment 983255

View attachment 212053

View attachment 212051

prffffh... What can I say classic FM our run died agaisnt the worst team in the league hartlepool... bounced back with a win agaisnt exeter and finished with a draw at Doncaster not that bad. What happened next though I cannot explain for the life of me! We just found it impossible to score post, bar you name it we couldn't find the back of the net. Even in the southend game which we went 2-0 up in somehow found ourselves to 2-2 we had two clear cut chances that were both cleared off the line and then against rochdale they had a man sent off and we managed to shoot which hit the post rolled across the line hit the other post only for the keeper to turn around and casually pick it up!!!

My keeper has been poor as my strikers so Ive managed to get a youngster from chelsea upfront on loan for 3 months good stats we shall see how he does and for my keeper I've managed to secure Declan Rudd from Norwich :) 120k english and should be fine in the championship if we get there heres hoping to a better November

Were in 5th now still good in fairness and I got a new contract so here untill the end of next season as it stands.

Last edited:
View attachment 211878

View attachment 983660

View attachment 211877

View attachment 211876

We'll better than last month, injuries have hit us hard keeper still out :S and the last match agaisnt chesterfield was annoying 2 goals up man sent off... 2-2

Anthony gerrard has been awful and a deal has been struck for him to leave in january on a free.

Adam webster one my kids is out untill the rest of the season such a shame had high potential youth coaching has been increased as have the youth facilities that were in place

Oh and the chelsea kid? 5 games 4 goals :p our new McNulty who has been poor also semi final of the johnstone trophy is nice and with the other 3 teams in league 2 should be ours for the taking :)

View attachment 211831

View attachment 983775

View attachment 211830

View attachment 211827
Other than a really disappointing loss to coventry our chance at our trophy gone :(
It has been a really good month for us we've playing some great football really fun to watch at the minute :p

Special Praise to Roberts, Donyoh and Ben close all playing really well however my player of the month along with the League one's young player of the month...

View attachment 211826Rodriguez! the chelsea kid on loan whose contract runs out at the end of the year! despite that chelsea want 10m for him bah! 10 games 8 goals brilliant stuff!

View attachment 211825

View attachment 211806

View attachment 983837

View attachment 211804

View attachment 211805
My chelsea wonderkid got injured and we struggled for goals back for the birmingham game tho! :D

One of my key centre backs I had loaned from arsenal broke his foot so sent him back and got mark beevers on loan for the rest of the season

My new keeper Declan Rudd is doing ok not great in fairness coming in at january is always tough.

Morale is high results are going well dont really know what else to say!

We are now 4th in the league 6 points off league leaders Bolton oh! I got my Continental Pro Licence!

Last edited:
View attachment 211682

View attachment 984142
View attachment 211680

View attachment 211681
yea... not pretty we certainly hit a slump, all 2-1 all late goals after going 1-0 up to begin with cocentration is very poor, to be honest declan rudd my gk hasnt been great he seems to be making mistakes all the time back pass to goalie he doesnt come foreward quick enough striker pounces...

the fans hate him already cant really say I blame him were down to 7th now... 7 games left I think we might have blown our automatic promotion shots which means another heart wrenching playoffs :S

Infairness promotion or not still has been a good season oh and rodriguez last 5 games 7.74

23 in 25 matches who is he!

View attachment 211679

View attachment 984149

View attachment 211677

View attachment 211678

So we are officially in the playoffs! A decent month had to go more defensive in my tactic but tried to utilise rodriguez as much as I could hes awful in the air but really fast and skillfull so I priortised low crosses and told them to hit them early but changed our mentality from attacking to counter it did the trick well in terms of results rodriguez hasnt scored in 3 games which isnt that bad but for him... its a disaster need to get him scoring before the playoffs!!!

View attachment 211676

View attachment 211675

View attachment 211674

Dull tight gut-wrenching I was nervous I didnt dare attack to much due to our weak as defending but rodgriuez hasnt scored in about 6/7 games now and his form is low but I darent drop him my other strikers arent anyway near as good but he might need a rest... but what if his form picks up! argh decisions decisions...

So the 2nd leg Were at home I stick with rodriguez Donyoh on the left with roberts on the right and my usual set up after that.

Its a close game I'm decide to go attacking were at home we can score goals screw it I put my entire defence to limited fb or cb forget about playing out of defence back to basics get you clear it let the forwards do the rest.

At half time its 0-0 its close as always but we are having more shots so I stick with it...

50minutes Nathan Delfouneso scores for Rochdale now what do we do!!! but then its like **** I have to decide so my brilliant plan... is to do nothing wait and see what happens

65minutes the fans cant watch the players are looking to me for direction WHAT DO WE DO!!!

75minutes Bennet comes on for roberts seems like a sensible choice bennet is about on par with roberts and he's at 100% now we are pressing forward taking shots seems like only a matter of time but time's running out I stay strong and I keep with my tactic.

80minutes GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Get in Corner came in Dunne managed to volley it home yes!!! you dont often see volleys its a cool touch sending both me and the fans into raptrues

_44665589_pompey2_getty416.jpg

FT 1-1 here we go again... Now then in my tenure as Portsmouth weve had 4 penalties 3 of which we have missed all taken by my supposedly best penalty taker even when i dropped him to 4th in the list he still took the penalty so im thinkin our best hope is to carry on attacking...

BUT the legs are going and last time I tried this when they were tired it was a disaster so defend even though we seem to be poor at it or attack when tired

Its a tough call but I dont rate our chances in a penalty shootout I keep with the attacking mentality I completely forgot I had two subs left which should help on the legs of the attacking players

Its no use though we cant find another its going to penalties!

1st Penalty Rodriguez surely this is perfect oppurtinty get a bit of confidence by getting an easy.... nope saved balls

They score 1-0 down :(

2nd Penatly - Donyoh the man city kid played really well for us throughout the season its it hard and high goal 1-1

Allen for them hits it low just left of the middle ... DECLAN SAVES! 1-1

3rd Penalty Bielik the arsenal kid on loan has been brilliant for us hits the down the middle cool as a cucumber

Logan hits it down the middle... the keeper hasnt moved surely! nope what! off his foot and in the goal weak

4th Peno Duckworth ah the trusty right back the fans shout quack quack as he steps up top corner should have known who are you duckworth!

Delfounseo hits it high and left keeper stood no chance now im scared sudden death basically

5th penalty Ben Close a wonderkid his penalties are 10... its a poor penalty high down the middle not much power but the keeper mis-reads it dives to the left good enough!!!

Cannon steps up hits it down the middle RUDD GETS A FINGER but wait the balls been deflected it hits the post! comes back inside Rudd picks it up IS IT A GOAL IS IT A GOAL?!?

Goal Line technology is in play for this one...

View attachment 211671
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

View attachment 211670

View attachment 211669

Portsmouth Vs Peterborough

It all comes down to this... Championship or league one at this point I was exhausted by the playoffs I told the lads it was just another game we werent expected to get promoted and I'm unsure how we would do in the championship having said that I really wanted to win.

So Rodriguez was my big call I wanted to drop him but in all honesty its in the script surely? and he deserves to be at wembley young prodigy out of form gets one chance surely he'll take it.

So I think screw it Attacking very fluid express yourselves win or lose we may as well be representing my style.

View attachment 211668
Like we were going lose this one :p No goal from rodriguez but that doesnt matter CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!

Last edited:
View attachment 211393

So then, We got promoted twice and now by far our biggest challenge strengthening the squad for the championship with a weak *** budget.

So then the first thing was looking at people with one month left on their contract there was three players one being my 35 year old former captain left him go someone rubbish cant remember who and sadly one of my youngsters identified at the start with decent potential

View attachment 211384

Shame to see a Club grown player leave but he had been injured for a year wanted 1st team football and was never going to play in the championship not good enough.

However I still have several of my original youngsters left the best being

View attachment 211382
Ben Close starting for me this year also did really well last year now vice captain kids got a future here!

So after the lads with no time on their contracts next stage was the loanee lads :S

So 1st priorty was rodriguez ahh rodriguez unbelievable how he did so well for us and now were one of his favourite clubs result!

Sadly even after being released from chelsea he didnt see us big enough for him and his work permit fell through devasted not to have him with us but there ya go.

Donyoh was also released from man city, and wasnt that bothered to join us ato be honest he did well for us but not sure he could cut it at championship level anyway so screw him.

Everyone else was terminated with the exception of mark beevers contract also running out got him on a free decent 3/4th choice centre back.

View attachment 211378
:p with little money I targeted loanees and people whose contracts is running out Adam Le Fondre and Oliver Norwood being the biggest names and despite the fact we have our 2nd lowest wage bill we have a squad hopefully which can compete!

View attachment 211375
My Best player being:

View attachment 211373
Ainsworth my new bennet who couldnt make the step up again fast talented and can provide balls for my new strikers.

My plan this year is to have two tactics my plan A will be adapted to counter attacking football while my plan B will be a unit structured, defensive and short passing low temp I cant imagine us doing anything like we did last year so possession is going to be low so we need to make the most of what we will have!

View attachment 211368

View attachment 984862

View attachment 211347

View attachment 211367

So not a bad start! Pre-season went well other than the spanking we got from sanchez and arsenal :p

And the matches lets see Ispwich 1 minute in and we scored! It was awesome not going to lie :p

It was a close match and the draw was a fair result and despite being 2-1 up I was quite pleased with the lads solid performance given our first match.

Barnet wasnt a great match to watch played my plan B worked like a charm just feel bad for the fans quite dull to watch!

Wolves ooooh late winner always sweet

Bristol outplayed outclassed deserved nothing from the game defence and goalkeeper made several mistakes worringing

Middlesborough man sent off we tried but ultimately slipped to a defeat

southampton OMG this was awesome this was AWESOME So Oulare was loaned from watford young target man think andy carroll style perfect in my plan B tactic 11 minutes he got his head on it and goal brilliant stuff

2nd half they hit us twice 2 goals in 3 minutes we completely switched off 2 great strikes made me sink into my chair :S

but 73rd minute Dagnail the **** striker i bought last year didnt have the money to replace him suddenly found himself in loads of space and actually scored!

before us finally winning on a penalty shootout beating our biggest rivals who are in the prem!!! ( they did get promoted my bad)

And finishing off with a 2-2 draw puts us above the relegation zone :)

View attachment 211349

View attachment 211218

View attachment 985179

View attachment 211217

View attachment 211216

Some weird results beating the teams I expected to lose and losing heavily to the ones I expected to beat qpr at the time were 23rd and had no manager and despite having far more possession and shots we somehow lost 3 0!

Either way my new tactic for the most part is doing the job its taken a pretty poor side (seriously you should see my average ratings most of them are are 6.4) and turned them into a unit.

Structured keeping men behind the ball low tempo frustrating the opposition is really doing the trick we are 12th in the league with 15 points 50 being the usually minimum target of the amount of points needed to avoid relegation.

View attachment 211215

Last edited:
Just read through this, very nice start man! Will be good if you could stay up!