Portsmouth Relegated.

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 6K
I've always liked Portsmouth.Despite all their problems this season I really liked the way they were determined and never gived up. They have shown great passion and could have easily done what players in Spain are doing and go on strike. Hopefully they'll be back.
On that note I would like to express what a cowardly traitor Kevin Prince Boateng is. He's a disgrace

I can understand where your coming from, but like you said you weren't in financial difficulties and managed to hold on to most of your squad which kept you in the Championship, and I'm just worried we won't be able to do that and we'll sink further and further :S

Max lad my boys have been as low as league one but we're coming back now. I did lose a bit of interest when we went that low cos I was losing my rag with the team etc. Last couple of seasons though it's got better. You won't do a Leeds Leeds Special needs.

if he goes who would you like to see as manager i would like mark hughes
Hughes would never come to Pompey. It would be like the Twilight zone for him after all that money with City to now nothing with Pompey.

I'd like to see Curbishley here though definitely as someone previously said, I wanted him to be manager when Redknapp first left for Spurs.

its a shame but thats football although i dont think they should ahve ahd the points deduction

its a shame but thats football although i dont think they should ahve ahd the points deduction
I think if everyone else has had the points deduction for admin, then it was fair to give it to us aswell. I don't think we can just say because we're in a higher league we shouldn't get it etc, as some people who I know have said before.

Palace, Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth and Rotherham all have had point deductions in previous years, and it was only fair it carried on for us sadly.

You notice the link though with Harry Redknapp, he manage to get 4 clubs into this mess though.
Southampton. Went to administration.
Bournemouth. Went to administration.
Portsmouth. In administration.
West Ham. Was on the brink of administration.

Harry Redknapp is crook to football. You'll see soon, Tottenham will be soon in the same mess.

You notice the link though with Harry Redknapp, he manage to get 4 clubs into this mess though.
Southampton. Went to administration.
Bournemouth. Went to administration.
Portsmouth. In administration.
West Ham. Was on the brink of administration.

Harry Redknapp is crook to football. You'll see soon, Tottenham will be soon in the same mess.
Yep, and as much as I hated it when he left due to us playing **** after, he really ****** us up.

max i dont think any of the clubs should have had points deducted regardless of league position its should be about football not money

Peter Storrie and Harry Redknapp are old friends from West Ham, Redknapp even got Storrie his job at Pompey. Storrie has previously worked at West Ham, Notts County and Southend. Redknapp has previously worked at Bournemouth, West Ham and Southampton. All those clubs have something in common, they all went bust and fell into administration. I am just waiting and hoping the same happens to Spurs (6)

Peter Storrie and Harry Redknapp are old friends from West Ham, Redknapp even got Storrie his job at Pompey. Storrie has previously worked at West Ham, Notts County and Southend. Redknapp has previously worked at Bournemouth, West Ham and Southampton. All those clubs have something in common, they all went bust and fell into administration. I am just waiting and hoping the same happens to Spurs (6)

I have long since made my peace with Harry Redknapp. As a football manager is he is a fantastic talent, as a man he is egotistical and self serving.

He did buy the players that the club could not afford, but it is up to the chief executive and club owners to say "no"... it's true that Harry would have walked away had he been refused to buy those players but I would rather have had that happen than have us pamper to his wishes and stretch this proud club beyond it's means.

Together with Peter Risdale, Peter Storrie is a man I would never let anywhere near a football club. Check ouut post #64 to see just what I think of Storrie!

It is also galling that, after selling players at profit, we still somehow owe Sacha Gaydamak £20m+, as a Pompey Fan I'd like to know... strike that, DEMAND to know where the money has gone!

There is little transparency in football.

Last edited:
I bet it to do with his high wages and high win bonuses etc. For him and the club players.
Yeah, Sol Campbell is apparently owed £1.5m or something for bonuses, and we still owe money for players like Tommy Smith, Glen Johnson, Diarra, Muntari, and we owed money for Crouch until we sold him.

It is also gauling that, after selling players at profit, we still somehow owe Sacha Gaydamak £20m+, as a Pompey Fan I'd like to know... strike that, DEMAND to know where the money has gone!
Apparently Gaydamak kept 50% of the Defoe and Diarra deals, meaning we lost about £17.5m as the Defoe and Diarra transfers were around £20m and £15m each.

But yet we still 'owe him £20m', absolutely crazy.

Apparently Gaydamak kept 50% of the Defoe and Diarra deals, meaning we lost about £17.5m as the Defoe and Diarra transfers were around £20m and £15m each.

But yet we still 'owe him £20m', absolutely crazy.

Completely, and remember Storrie said: "We’re financially sound now, the moves that we made in the transfer window [selling Lassina Diarra and Jermaine Defoe] have made things stable.”

Lying *******!

I disagree with all this blame being piled on Redknapp's shoulders.

At the end of the day, it's the management of the club behind the scenes which caused the issue. The boardroom is the reason that Portsmouth are in the situation they are in now, and the fans are having to pay for it.

I also can't see Tottenham going in the same direction, because Daniel Levy isn't an idiot. He's a brilliant chairman, and knows his way around a balance book, unlike those who have taken on Pompey over the past few years. ^^)

I disagree with all this blame being piled on Redknapp's shoulders.

At the end of the day, it's the management of the club behind the scenes which caused the issue. The boardroom is the reason that Portsmouth are in the situation they are in now, and the fans are having to pay for it.

I also can't see Tottenham going in the same direction, because Daniel Levy isn't an idiot. He's a brilliant chairman, and knows his way around a balance book, unlike those who have taken on Pompey over the past few years. ^^)

Completly agree with this. Redknapp does not have the final decisions on who gets transferred to the club that is the higher echelons of the club. If he says I want this player then those at the top have the choice of saying yes or no to him. If they were afraid he would leave because they said no then that is the sign of a weak businessman running the club.

Levy is sound on financial matters which is much more than the owners of most clubs and we have a healthy bank balance.

You cant blame Redknapp for the mess, if you do then you are blaming the wrong person and obviously dont understand how football clubs are run. Dont forget the profit he made on a majority of the tranfers of players that left the club. Again its the prats running the club that wasted that money.

From being relegated to the FA Cup final in the space of 2 days; only at Portsmouth.

so happy for the pompey fans today, if there are any more deserving, loyal, dignified fans around this island called england then i am yet to witness them!!

the fans did not deserve to see their club ripped apart by greedy, selfish playboy owners, well done portsmouth well done avram and congratullations to the pompey fans, you'll be back in the prem and enjoy your day in may

play up pompey!!!

I had a feeling this thread would spring up again,especially after their win over Spurs.

Pompey can go all the way here.

plase pompy beat chelsea i hate chelsea coz my brother supports them if pompy win the fa cup do they have to pay bonuses to their players like in football manager?

Back