Portsmouth to go into liquidation... or have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we deserve it? Lol seriously what have we done to deserve to be wiped off the face of the footballing planet. We've got just as much right as you do, with or without the debts. You weren't far off before either. Seems all the people having a laugh are the one's who've just about escaped from it before, funny that.

The fans and staff don't deserve it, but the club does for the financial mismanagement and spending beyond its means.

I assume Billy is blaming Wenger, because everyone else is blaming Redknapp even though it's not 'Arry's fault.

Well I figured we're all playing a game where we blame a random manager in the Premier League. Some people chose Redknapp, and I chose Wenger.

get out, trying to dig yourself out of a hole. think people still hate you anyway.

if you look at the screenshot from facebook you can clearly see it was Coach Carter's Mate

get out, trying to dig yourself out of a hole. think people still hate you anyway.

oO) Joe, I'm not that much of a disrespectful **** to laugh about something like this. I have no reason to do so.

The fans and staff don't deserve it, but the club does for the financial mismanagement and spending beyond its means.
Oh yeah of course I understand that, but I don't think this Gaydamak ***** should of ever had the opportunity to get involved with us anyway. The FA should of been more strict on this 'fit and proper' test, Gaydamak may of had the funds but they weren't his, they were his Dad's. His Dad suddenly said, 'I don't want to invest anymore' and Gaydamak is left with nothing and so are we, all we're left with is a poor Russian owner and a **** load of debt. I know the FA have strided to improve that system and slightly have now, but it's happened on 3 occasions to us, 3 occasions! Gaydamak, Al-Fahim and the last one we had, name slips my mind now, Al-Fyad or something? The one who bought it off Al-Fahim anyway.

Did anyone of them really have solid funding we could rely on? No. Gaydamak was funded by his Father who could pull the plug at any time, whether our club knew about this at the time I don't know, so possibly the club should of been more careful itself, but the FA shouldn't be letting a Russian who is funded by his Father (who was actually in prison at the time!) take over a club which could clearly lead to problems.

Leading us onto our "rich arabs"., Al-Fahim promised £50m pumped into the club, he didn't give us a penny and sold up before Christmas, after only taking over in late August/early September. Al Fyad (whatever his name is) comes in, actually gave £30m clearing debts, but then made broken promises to manager Avram Grant, and also sold Begovic and Kaboul for poor prices which cost the club important sums of money. Neither of these two were trustworthy, nor sufficient to run a Premier League club, yet they passed the FA's "fit and proper" test?

I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough.

Ahahaha. The comments on here are fantastic. Just make me laugh even more. I'm pretty sure most other Saints fans would do the same. Pompey fans would if it happened to us. Bye! ;)

Well your just making Southampton fans look like *** heads.

So yeah, well done.

Oh yeah of course I understand that, but I don't think this Gaydamak ***** should of ever had the opportunity to get involved with us anyway. The FA should of been more strict on this 'fit and proper' test, Gaydamak may of had the funds but they weren't his, they were his Dad's. His Dad suddenly said, 'I don't want to invest anymore' and Gaydamak is left with nothing and so are we, all we're left with is a poor Russian owner and a **** load of debt. I know the FA have strided to improve that system and slightly have now, but it's happened on 3 occasions to us, 3 occasions! Gaydamak, Al-Fahim and the last one we had, name slips my mind now, Al-Fyad or something? The one who bought it off Al-Fahim anyway.

Did anyone of them really have solid funding we could rely on? No. Gaydamak was funded by his Father who could pull the plug at any time, whether our club knew about this at the time I don't know, so possibly the club should of been more careful itself, but the FA shouldn't be letting a Russian who is funded by his Father (who was actually in prison at the time!) take over a club which could clearly lead to problems.

Leading us onto our "rich arabs"., Al-Fahim promised £50m pumped into the club, he didn't give us a penny and sold up before Christmas, after only taking over in late August/early September. Al Fyad (whatever his name is) comes in, actually gave £30m clearing debts, but then made broken promises to manager Avram Grant, and also sold Begovic and Kaboul for poor prices which cost the club important sums of money. Neither of these two were trustworthy, nor sufficient to run a Premier League club, yet they passed the FA's "fit and proper" test?

I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough.

I believe al-fahim pumped 2-5m into the club so he said anyway, still a fake ****. whole gaydamak stuff is a complete mess not only was it his dads money, his dad was convicted of laundering money at a different club seems pretty absurd.

Very sad, congratulations Mr Redknapp.

How can you blame it on Redknapp?

He doesn;t finance the club, he will just tell the chairmen what players he wants, its up the the chairmen whether or not he can finance it.

I believe al-fahim pumped 2-5m into the club so he said anyway, still a fake ****. whole gaydamak stuff is a complete mess not only was it his dads money, his dad was convicted of laundering money at a different club seems pretty absurd.
Well 2-5m out of £50m that was promised is really quite ludicrous and really quite a **** take. Yeah, heard about that laundering money thing, wasn't quite sure if it was accurate though and didn't know enough about it to raise the point about it. Either way none of our owners since Milan Mandaric have had a clue on what to do.

It's not just them, Peter Storrie is no angel. He was in on all these takeovers and new owners, but it didn't matter to him because he was still sucking £1m a year out of us. Sure he gave 100% when we needed a deal to be done, but he never used that little brain of his and just wanted to do a deal, and make himself look like a hero and then act all innocent when we realise we're in ****. Storrie left because of a guilty conscience, along with the fact the Administrator asked him to leave, or either work for free (I am aware he did work for 1 or 2 weeks for free but that was until someone else could take over things, e.g the Administrator). Unsurprisingly, his love for the club suddenly disappeared along with his paycheck, and off he went.

I don't agree with Redknapp being blamed, if your a manager and you get given a budget, your in with every right to spent it, and lets be honest, what manager will question a high budget he's been given? There were rumours of him at times giving ultimatums for his job as manager to the board over transfers. Lassana Diarra being one of them, apparently Redknapp 'threatened to walk out on Pompey if funds weren't given to him' for that transfer, so he wasn't completely an angel either, but again it comes down to **** owners, directors and chief executives with no backbone, money, or brain to run a football club.

/Rant.

Max; if this happens and goes through, who will you support if Pompy don't exist?

What Pompey fans think.

Some really optimistic views, they've gotta stay alive, they're awesome. :wub:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/ArticleSearch?contenttype=-1&phrase=Portsmouth&phrase=Football
Great to see so, so much support from other clubs. :wub:

Max; if this happens and goes through, who will you support if Pompy don't exist?
Urm, think I said this earlier in the thread in like Page 2 but I'll probably either support the new Portsmouth club that's made.. or I'll 'follow' Fulham as my Uncle and Cousins all support them.

Edit* thanks Sam.
If they do go into liquidation, when will it be announced?
I'm guessing either tonight (after midnight probably) or tomorrow morning

I really hope Pompey stay afloat so we can keep our ONLY derby. I blame Redknapp and Storrie for this, spending far too much than the club could handle!

Status
Not open for further replies.