I play the bottom of the table team, I have good morale in the team. We dominate and after twelve minutes, the opposition gets a player sent off. The game ends with my team having 71% possession, 23 shots, ten on target, but no goals. The opposition have three shots, two on target, two goals.

I play the bottom of the table team, I have good morale in the team. We dominate and after twelve minutes, the opposition gets a player sent off. The game ends with my team having 71% possession, 23 shots, ten on target, but no goals. The opposition have three shots, two on target, two goals.

Same old same old FM!

"Your capture of David Bentley, who the fans believe to be an extremely good player, has been particularly pleasing.
However, we are disappointed with the lack of high profile signings."

I'm not managing Man U in the Prem. I'm Managing Sheff U in League 1....how high profile do they want the signings to be? Give me ?250M to spend and I'll go for Messi or Ronaldo!

no matter what i do my full backs seem to get below 6 ratings every game, i am playing as bath in the skrill south so these players are not the best but they are certainly capable at this level compared to other players i have come across yet in most games they are going 5.5's or lower not sure if this is a bug or i am just terrible at the game but i've been playing since FM08 and never had players but this bad every game

no matter what i do my full backs seem to get below 6 ratings every game, i am playing as bath in the skrill south so these players are not the best but they are certainly capable at this level compared to other players i have come across yet in most games they are going 5.5's or lower not sure if this is a bug or i am just terrible at the game but i've been playing since FM08 and never had players but this bad every game

Definitely a bug. My fullbacks have the lowest average rating. I've had players score a goal and assist in a match but still be a low 7 in rating.

I seem to be having major issues with super-power shots going out for throw-ins from my strikers. If I tell them not to take long shots then they just pass it about and lose it.

Must be a beta bug!

This it's very frustrating its almost like the forwards have become void, cant remember the last time i had a 7.0+ performance from a player #gutted

Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez only managing ten goals between them by January and I then got sacked. What's up with strikers not finishing on this game or doing something ******* stupid like kicking it out for a throw in when they're 10 yards from goal?

made me laugh im sorry pal!

I feel the pain its a ******* killer

Seems to me with every update SI have made the game progressively worse, i was having great fun on my Everton save using a few tactics which were working like a charm, now after the most recent update they've gone sour, i could get 20-30 shots a match and not score, oh no, but the opposition get 1 shot on target and score? i know this happens now and again but its becoming a regular occurrence!

Definitely a bug. My fullbacks have the lowest average rating. I've had players score a goal and assist in a match but still be a low 7 in rating.

That's odd, my fullbacks are consistently among my best players. I'm playing as Southampton, with Clyne & Shaw.

Seems to me with every update SI have made the game progressively worse, i was having great fun on my Everton save using a few tactics which were working like a charm, now after the most recent update they've gone sour, i could get 20-30 shots a match and not score, oh no, but the opposition get 1 shot on target and score? i know this happens now and again but its becoming a regular occurrence!

This happens constantly to me too. I'm playing as Liverpool and I struggle to get one shot on target after 20 or so shots. I had one situation where Suarez rounded the keeper and missed the open goal. Keepers tend to make near impossible saves too, even when they were previously nowhere near the ball.

Having the same issues with shooting and CCC's. I've never been able to get 15 clear cut chances in a match until yesterday...but I scored no goals at all. Yet when the AI has a CCC it about 90% of the time goes in.

I want my strikers on whatever drugs my opposition are using please!

This happens constantly to me too. I'm playing as Liverpool and I struggle to get one shot on target after 20 or so shots. I had one situation where Suarez rounded the keeper and missed the open goal. Keepers tend to make near impossible saves too, even when they were previously nowhere near the ball.

i had that problem too, there was one game against newcastle where a corner came in, tim krul was on his front post, didnt move, then when jagielka headed the ball to the other corner krul somehow jumped 12 yards to save it

Considering the game is up for release tomorrow, SI have got ALOT to do.

I agree. Have they replaced all of their developers with interns or something? The games seem to be getting worse and worse as the years go on. Hopefully we will see an update tomorrow with the main game that addresses all of the ridiculous amount of problems.

Perhaps it's the way I manage the team (I picked a random club and ended up at Kaiserslautern ),but every game the team starts their individual player ratings vary from 5.9 to 6.2, 6.4 if I'm lucky. I had a look at the opposition ratings, and they are in the low 6's to start as well, has anybody else noticed this ? . As the game progresses the do pick up,and obviously if we are winning they increase. Another irritating thing is when I take off a player because he has dropped to (say) 5.5 rating, then the substitute player also plays at 5.5 !! . This happened last night when I subbed my RB, with like for like. Dam'n annoying !

I agree. Have they replaced all of their developers with interns or something? The games seem to be getting worse and worse as the years go on. Hopefully we will see an update tomorrow with the main game that addresses all of the ridiculous amount of problems.

Lets hope so!

It's funny because people say this every year. People also say this about almost everything in every area I've ever worked in and it's kind of hilarious to see it reoccur so often.

The truth is that advancement naturally comes with change. If you want to make something more advanced, you naturally isolate more casual gamers. Simplify it and you lose the hardcore fans. Part of being a good developer is mitigating this as much as possible, which is something SI is very good at. Classic mode is a rock solid example of that. Now nothing in FM14 I've seen is of a lesser quality than in, say, FM10. In fact many of the issues have been fixed and the game is now a lot more versatile. The issues that they have are generally with features that have just been implemented or are recent additions, like DoFs and agents. But those are still improvements because they didn't use to exist.

When it comes to issues with the match engine, it's really a matter of perspective. You might say: "oh well they might have added in X, but Y sucks now. Y used to be great, the game is sliding" but you're looking at it in the wrong way. Certain elements may become slightly weaker or stronger in different editions (I'm not crazy about off the ball runs in this version) but that is the nature of an incredibly complex engine based off complex interactions. That is again something SI has balanced very well as they are consistently able to increase the engine's scope and general precision without seriously breaking things.

ok any ideas guys , i got a formation which i run rings around other teams passing is great players are playing socks of but what ever i do they can not SCORE!!!

Due to the bug where teams offer low amount of money for your players I can't sell any. Bullshit.