Goalie1234

Reaction score
Iamauser Edit: Post all your frustrations with FM14 here. Remember to use the bug thread which is stickied if you are posting a bug rather than a frustration

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well me here. Post all your frustrations with FM14 here

Players wanting to have a conversation with you out of nowhere and there being no way of actually persuading them to stay. I'm managing Southampton and Schneiderlin has had no issues at all, signed a new contract even. Just before the start of the 2014/2015 season, he's come to me saying he wants to leave and I've tried every variation of responses to convince him otherwise, but it just ****** him off no matter what I say, and he ends up unhappy. Frustrating to say the least, especially as I've just had a similar situation with Lallana.

Seems like there is a few issues to fix for the proper release. Ridiculous amount of injuries seem to still be a problem, how long have they had to fix this? It seems to be a problem with every game at some point. Also the amount of ccc's I am missing is pretty ridiculous.

The MLS guaranteed contract rule is ****. Over the cap now and can't advance since I had someone unregistered to stay under the cap, but he now counts towards it and I can't give him up, so therefore can't advance.

i dont understand why mesut ozil and other player have only 12 at physical natural quality when they played full complese season irl and you know that ABOU DIABY PLAY ONE MATCH PER SEASON AND HE HAVE MORE QPN THAN A PLAYER WHO PLAY A WHOLE SEASON ?????? wtf please explain me the logic in that ? ozil 5 season with more than 30 match -> 12 qpn and abou diaby who never played more than 30 match in his all carreer -> 13 qpn ....explain me please

Last edited:
I don't understant either some stats, some players improve during last season and during this start of a season but they let the attributes like FM 2013. For example C. Ronaldo has 13 jumping reach ( saw him many times jumping above all the players around him - he should have at least 18), he has 13 bravery but he never proove this kind of quality and many many other players

Another frustation is the fact that the attacking moves are to simple and they lack of variation. Most of the goals are from set pieces or from mistakes; the strikers doesn't score "normal" strikers goals like one vs one with the GK or after a good team play movement. I tought are my tactics but I also saw this on the opponents side. Also the defence is not realistic, the central defenders come to close to GK and let the strikers to score easy goals; lack of tackles during a game is also a big frustration.

The only real frustration I've had is when my defence stand and watch a ball coming toward them and, rather than moving to the ball, do nothing forcing one of my midfield to track all the way back.

Very minor annoyance though.

I seem to be having major issues with super-power shots going out for throw-ins from my strikers. If I tell them not to take long shots then they just pass it about and lose it.

Must be a beta bug!

The only real frustration I've had is when my defence stand and watch a ball coming toward them and, rather than moving to the ball, do nothing forcing one of my midfield to track all the way back.

Very minor annoyance though.
This is not a minor bug. I almost broke my laptop because of that bug. Lost the champions league final because of that bug. :'(

i dont understand why mesut ozil and other player have only 12 at physical natural quality when they played full complese season irl and you know that ABOU DIABY PLAY ONE MATCH PER SEASON AND HE HAVE MORE QPN THAN A PLAYER WHO PLAY A WHOLE SEASON ?????? wtf please explain me the logic in that ? ozil 5 season with more than 30 match -> 12 qpn and abou diaby who never played more than 30 match in his all carreer -> 13 qpn ....explain me please

Natural fitness has very little to do with how often a player gets injured.
It's about how quickly players regain fitness after injuries and games, also in aging players a higher natural fitness will keep their physical stats higher for longer.

My gripe: Since today's patch my team went from "cruising to league title" to "cannot beat relegation zone teams."

*sigh* Beta! :)

General game & last 30 seconds of injury time (always 2-3 mins)

I am sick to frigging death with the opposition who 8/10 times always score the equaliser or winner in the last 30 seconds of the match. I can comfortably control the game, but by christ come to the last 30 seconds or so off the game and I end up conceeding - so frustrating! I have now played over 40 matches since the beta release and feel that I am not getting a fair shake of the dice. Doesn't matter whether or not you attempt to retain possession - no, the AI always aids the opposition. I hesitate to guess that if I played against a team of blind people I would get the same result. This match engine seems to get worse every year, how many times in real life matches do players hit the ball against the heel of a team mate - in my game this happens in every game. Players seem to stand around when they have a 60% or more chance of getting to a ball and then allowing the oppostion to break away and score. Come on SI, sort out these type of freak events occuring in every game! Do they not actually test the game themselves before releasing it or just hope that all will be ok?

Extremely frustrated Barrow manager.

Stupid team don't play to my tactics and I'm going to smash something soon. Tell my defence to play deep, tight mark and they still run off to the half way line and leave massive holes for strikers to run through. 6 players chasing the ball all the time and then players passing backwards when they have acres of space to run forward into. The match engine is really ruining my enjoyment of this game so far I hope it has been addressed for full release.

I'm just getting frustrated with the lack of success. I'm trying everything. I was in my L.A. Galaxy save and I managed to get us to 1st in the Western Conference, 1st overall in the MLS. Well after a string of bad games, we fell to 4th. Boss man told me he'd want 11 points from the next five games. I got released after one game. And I got ****** because the season was almost over. We actually won the game 4-0 after that meeting. All that hardwork and time for nothing.

Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez only managing ten goals between them by January and I then got sacked. What's up with strikers not finishing on this game or doing something ******* stupid like kicking it out for a throw in when they're 10 yards from goal?

The thing that gets me is how overrated people like Gareth Bale are whereas a player like Alvaro Negredo is epicly underrated.

Just saw my midfielder run across half the pitch to chase down a clearance after a corner. Right before he reached the ball, he completely stopped, letting the opposition striker gather it and run towards my keeper in a one on one and score. I obviously have a saboteur in my squad, he might as well have scored an own goal on purpose.

Just saw my midfielder run across half the pitch to chase down a clearance after a corner. Right before he reached the ball, he completely stopped, letting the opposition striker gather it and run towards my keeper in a one on one and score. I obviously have a saboteur in my squad, he might as well have scored an own goal on purpose.
At times, this game makes no sense. And I feel like there's a lot of luck involved.