Just took over at Celtic in December of the first season, where we were 6 points behind Aberdeen and the game is absolutely unplayable. We stayed behind them until they eventually won the league. Every player is inconsistent and I've had to change my tactics 7 times, with all of them *****. Is this meant to happen during the BETA era, or am I missing something here? I've been playing FM for 6 years now and this is the first time I've experienced such a frustrating time.

The game, is brilliant! But...My laptop runs games like Arma completely fine, higher graphics settings with no lag,

Yet I have to have the FM match engine set on Medium just to reduce lag?

How is this possible? Im awful with the ins and outs of a laptop/computer so any advice is much appreciated!!!!

Im having problems searching for players in the scouting screen, whenever I scroll down and click someone, then go back it returns to the top of the search list again, which is annoying when just generally searching through everyone. Anyone else got this problem and know how to get round it?

Cannot view Attributes and Attribute Analysis at the same time :mad:

FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool on a Sunday, then CL semi-final against PSG on Tuesday, followed by an EPL match away to Liverpool on Thursday, and finally Chelsea - ON SATURDAY.

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** SI?

Is this a bug...?

Last edited:
Did someone put an extra 0 on the end on the through balls/long passes value or something?

This is my centreback who has short passing, slowest tempo, play out of defence, less risky passes and loads of options around him. He seems obsessed with playing long balls forward.

BB78A02F24B8A81FCF587D2EF9600BCF6F64D719

3 things that gets to me Alot.
1. Injuries are far too rampant and LONG. I mean if was just a tad bit shorter that would be OK.
2. Complacency hits without warning and basically u can't do no ****. Need to have some option so we can rally the players. Not just watch em crumble. I might be wrong but if someone found a way to reduce complacency do share pls.
3. Away games are so difficult to play especially against weaker teams. Yeah u heard me weaker teams. It's just a rant. But anyone with any idea how we go about combating this?

@subtle. Hi bud, check your defenders ppm. He might have that ppm to do long passes.

2. Complacency hits without warning and basically u can't do no ****. Need to have some option so we can rally the players. Not just watch em crumble. I might be wrong but if someone found a way to reduce complacency do share pls.

Don't let them get complacent in the first place? Don't over-praise players. Remind them of their expectations. It's dead simple if you use the team talk feedback screen.

3. Away games are so difficult to play especially against weaker teams. Yeah u heard me weaker teams. It's just a rant. But anyone with any idea how we go about combating this?

Watch games to see why. The general issue is that you are too attacking, but that's only generally what happens.

Basically it's not a dominating game for my side. Usually it's a 50 50 in possession and even shots taken. If my team is too attacking which is how my team is set up anyway, should I be going turtle then? And if I'm too attacking why is the game even in those areas I have given above? It's not like I'm attacking all the time then all the sudden I was hit with a counter and they scored. Some would be like a 3 1 lost with all 3 coming from they attack build up not a lost of ball when I was attacking!

Yeah I will try out the less praising and see what happens regarding the complacency issue.

All in all thanks

Basically it's not a dominating game for my side. Usually it's a 50 50 in possession and even shots taken. If my team is too attacking which is how my team is set up anyway, should I be going turtle then? And if I'm too attacking why is the game even in those areas I have given above? It's not like I'm attacking all the time then all the sudden I was hit with a counter and they scored. Some would be like a 3 1 lost with all 3 coming from an attack build up not a lost of ball resulting from my failed attacked

Yeah I will try out the less praising and see what happens regarding the complacency issue.

All in all thanks

Basically it's not a dominating game for my side. Usually it's a 50 50 in possession and even shots taken. If my team is too attacking which is how my team is set up anyway, should I be going turtle then? And if I'm too attacking why is the game even in those areas I have given above? It's not like I'm attacking all the time then all the sudden I was hit with a counter and they scored. Some would be like a 3 1 lost with all 3 coming from they attack build up not a lost of ball when I was attacking!

All in all thanks
I didn't say you were too attacking. I said that it is generally the issue. I have no idea. You got a general answer when you posted a vague question. If you start a thread and provide a lot more info or the PKM, you can be advised.

@subtle. Hi bud, check your defenders ppm. He might have that ppm to do long passes.

I did mate, and I've tried the same thing with a defender whose only ppm is short simple passes. Same thing happens. I've managed to mitigate it somewhat by having the team set to narrow but even then he's still often playing the same ball through the middle. It's bizaree!

Derby players please stop getting injured and actually listen to what I think as a manager! Butterfield does not deserve a spot in the team if he performs poorly!

Did someone put an extra 0 on the end on the through balls/long passes value or something?

This is my centreback who has short passing, slowest tempo, play out of defence, less risky passes and loads of options around him. He seems obsessed with playing long balls forward.

BB78A02F24B8A81FCF587D2EF9600BCF6F64D719

Hello mate, these may seem like stupid questions but i will ask them anyway haha.

Do you watch the matches? Can you view the situations the players are in when they play these passes?

Do they have poor composure and end up just booting the ball because they **** themselves?

My defenders used to do this but changing them to short passing solved it for me.

Can we see your tactics?

From your screenshot it seems the further up the pitch your defenders are the passes become shorter. Is there too big a gap between your defenders and midfielders in this case. Even though you tell them to short pass there may be no option for them too?

I posted on here the other day how i was struggling like **** in my game. I read a few things posted by WJ and other players problems and compared it to mine. It helped me a ton and now i seem to have created a tactic that suits my team so well. In my first 18 games i won 4, drew 3 and lost 11. After this 18th game i managed to find the tactic that worked and now over the last 15 games i have won 8, drawn 5 and only lost 2. And for me it really was only a simple fix.

I may sound like im telling you to suck eggs but honestly just watch what your defenders do which cause them to do this. A remedy is probably really simple it just needs to be recognised. It took me 18 ****** games haha

Hello mate, these may seem like stupid questions but i will ask them anyway haha.

Do you watch the matches? Can you view the situations the players are in when they play these passes?

Do they have poor composure and end up just booting the ball because they **** themselves?

My defenders used to do this but changing them to short passing solved it for me.

Can we see your tactics?

From your screenshot it seems the further up the pitch your defenders are the passes become shorter. Is there too big a gap between your defenders and midfielders in this case. Even though you tell them to short pass there may be no option for them too?

I posted on here the other day how i was struggling like **** in my game. I read a few things posted by WJ and other players problems and compared it to mine. It helped me a ton and now i seem to have created a tactic that suits my team so well. In my first 18 games i won 4, drew 3 and lost 11. After this 18th game i managed to find the tactic that worked and now over the last 15 games i have won 8, drawn 5 and only lost 2. And for me it really was only a simple fix.

I may sound like im telling you to suck eggs but honestly just watch what your defenders do which cause them to do this. A remedy is probably really simple it just needs to be recognised. It took me 18 ****** games haha

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

What I'm going to do is do a quick run through with Barca, and see if the problems reoccur. That should allow me to isolate the issue a bit more (assuming it's got to be player, engine or tactic).

I do watch the matches (been watching a lot of games on full recently trying to figure it out) and in general the players do have options. If it turns out not to be a personnel issue, I will post some more detailed screens.

Derby players please stop getting injured and actually listen to what I think as a manager! Butterfield does not deserve a spot in the team if he performs poorly!

Since this post I've gone on to hit 5th place in the Championship coming up to Christmas. The players are singing and they're a great bunch now that we've gotten through some under performing months and injury woes have finally cleaned up! Still conceding silly goals though but hey they're working through it under me with 2 sets of tactics and we're definitely in with a shot for promotion!

Just ended Ipswich's 12 game unbeaten streak at their stadium, 3-1! It was a magnificent game and my players playing excellently!

I actually feel like I'm managing Derby as they are in real life right now, slumping to poor defeats in the beginning of the season but rising to meet expectations mid season!

Last edited:
Great to hear that dazu

Subtle, yeah mate cheeks does point out some good situations. I do play a short passing game and there are times I see my players booting the ball out 30 yards to the striker or winger. Lucky me this hoofing are not done by my DC. Oh BTW try clear balls to the flanks. If u add this and your DC does more clearing to the flanks then u know they are under pressure that's why they are knocking em long. Another question are u playing your DC as ball playing defender? Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Thanks wj for the input. I know u don't have the answer or precise answer but your opinion is good enough even in general. Sometimes when u attempt to find the "perfect" tactics we tend to lose sight of the clearer things. Hence we need ppl like you to give us a set back birds eye view of the problem. And if Ya wondering, yes your opinions and suggestions did help out. I mean I'm not breezing thru but it's alot easier now in those situations.
Ok here is another question wj, I have 2 formation that I play. First formation i wanted them to be middle neither too expressive nor to rigid. 2nd formation I want em to be more discipline. Hence ofc I select the necessary team instructions for the respective formation. Now my questions is that
1. The formation that I want em to be playing right in between expressive and discipline , they tend to do better when I select the option that allows them to play with more flair
2. 2nd formation I wanted them to play with more disciplined instead they played better when I don't select that option.
Any ideas on why?
Lastly is there a way or how do u setup a team instructions to play at a lower tempo. So far I failed miserably unlike in fm15.
Thanks in advance

Last edited: