Off-side/Disallowed goals – I originally was playing ‘play into space’ and ‘Hit early crosses’ but then realised this may be the cause, so I changed to ‘Keep Possession’ ‘Work Ball into box’ style penetration.. I managed 5 matches in a row with a disallowed goal due to off-side, I lost by one goal or drew I each of these 5 matches. When I watched a replay, the linesman/ref had actually made the wrong call on 2 decisions.
Yes! I knew I wasn’t the only one. 2/3 times every match for me and the AI. Blood boiling.

In real life the most common score is 1-0 and 1-1 there was a study done a couple of years ago across the 4 top leagues for the last ten years (Spain, England, Germany and Italy), and it held true in all 4.

edit I should add I am not trying to be a **** or anything, I am in the process of reading a lot of football statistic books as I am trying to make an algorithim for fantasy football points prediction, hence me knowing his useless bit of information.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Subtle, I'm also playing a 3 man midfield with a dmc. All 4 of my defenders have their players instructions selected on short pass. Basically I don't see how can your DC be hoofing the ball as I have nvr seen mine doing it. Because of the high line and I think u play a high line your mids will be close enough for your DC to make the pass. Sometimes if u don't notice your dmc might just drop almost as low as being a straight line to your DCs. But fullbacks well yeah that's different. I have seen them doing the long pass even with instructions not to. Tho most of the time it's to the same side of the flank. But u might see a cross field once or twice in the game.

What is your game mentality?

My goalkeeper just got injured saving the ball and then dropped it into the goal making a own goal at the same time!!! Im gonna see if I can upload the goal..
Also had a match with 7 shoots at the woodwork

0-0 draw after 0-0 draw at home its doing my ******* head in no matter what formation or what team nothing changes

3 red cards in 5 games, very annoying now

edit : make that 4 in 6

Last edited:
Losing or not winning with a lot of shots more than an opponent who shots little and very little on target never happens?

Bayern Munich-Chelsea - Match Report

Barcelona-Chelsea - Match Report

Chelsea-Barcelona - Match Report

If you look at the chalkboard (under match centre) for shots on target it's 7-3 for Bayern in the first match with no woodwork hits, 6-3 in the second for Barcelona with 1-0 in woodwork hits and for the last match linked you'll see 6-1 for Barcelona, with one woodwork hit for them.

That is frustrating for the club that didn't win? Sure as **** it is (so keep coming with them as much you want). Does it mean the game is wrong? Not a chance. Happens a lot in reality. Enough a team could pull it off three consecutive times in Champions League and get away with the trophy (so insisting that means the game is wrong is wrong).

@PA111111 We should exchange nicks. You're the 0 - 0 draw man, I'm the 1 - 1 draw one.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that its the 1-0 losses that are annoying me, I get that they are common, its the manner of the loss. Dominating possession, 20+ shots on goal, every opposition goal keeper playing as if their life depended on it, I am yet to even see my team net a penalty after 3 attempts. Yet the opposition will score a screamer from 30 yards and that's the game wrapped up. To be fair its just a moan, I'll never stop playing the game and I know that post release things will improve.

This was my main hate last year, with goalies doing my head in. However i think this has been vastly improved this year which has been aided my more accurate animations and depictions on the ME. There will be games were a goalie plays awesome against me and so be it. However when a goalie makes a tonne of saves against me i can actually look at the shot that has been taken and the situation it was taken in i.e. shooting players body position, pressure being applied to him, how he came to be in possession of the ball, angle of shot, distance from goal and of course his attributes and say in my head "actually i can see how that was saved" and accept with a lot more confidence the shot was indeed saveable and it is in fact my pony player being the issue or my rubbish tactics creating a rubbish chance. Personally i think the game has been vastly improved this year and these 20+ shot and lack of goals games can actually be analysed and you will see why you dont score, not simply because the goalie has a worldy.

In relation to lots of 1-0 losses, why dont you use it to your advantage and create a tactic that means you will be on the correct side of it.

Since this post I've gone on to hit 5th place in the Championship coming up to Christmas. The players are singing and they're a great bunch now that we've gotten through some under performing months and injury woes have finally cleaned up! Still conceding silly goals though but hey they're working through it under me with 2 sets of tactics and we're definitely in with a shot for promotion!

Just ended Ipswich's 12 game unbeaten streak at their stadium, 3-1! It was a magnificent game and my players playing excellently!

I actually feel like I'm managing Derby as they are in real life right now, slumping to poor defeats in the beginning of the season but rising to meet expectations mid season!

Iv started a season with derby played 7 games game 2 league cup games and 5 league games winning all 7 top of the league scoring 16 goals and conceding just one:)

@ subtle, control mentality usually. Sometimes standard on certain situations. Double check my DC does a bit of hoofing but not much.

Not exactly a rage or anything, I just found this amusing.

View attachment 215264

Sturridge, recovered from injury, scored one, injured again (despite me delicately introducing him slowly to the first team..) recovered again..right after I got a message saying he resumed full training, he came to me whining that he didn't get enough game time lol I don't know whether to laugh or get annoyed. His depiction in real life is exactly the same in my save; that is, marking his comeback from injury with goals, then get injured right after that..

de2264a9bb0529ede834a332cbfcc669.png

Really? He wanted to join Bayern because they're his favourite team. How exactly could PSG offer him that?
And why do all of my possible replies have to do with a promise I didn't make?

The one thing I couldn't stand in previous versions is still in this one, where in you win say 5-4 and the players hate you for telling the defenders they did utter *****. They conceded 4 goals dammit why shouldn't I make them feel bad for it?!

Also there's the whole "I want to move to Madrid sell me you **** manager" but moves to a totally different club all the same.

Then there are those who have one brilliant season in a lesser club, demand they be sold to Man City only to play 3 league games in 4 seasons and whine about it. Wish there was a way to make them eat humble pie as their former manager.

Never thought Ander Herrera would get called up to the Spain squad. Set him on insane wages "after reaching international appearances". Now he's on 300k p/w. D'oh.

Press conference - "Marco Silvestri has now gone 'X' minutes without conceding a goal"

15 seconds into next match - Marco Silvestri parries shot from 40 yards going 5 yards wide, back into the goal mouth for an easy tap in

Seriously every time I've had any mention of his clean sheet run he immediately makes a blunder in the next game

Just got Cardiff promoted and the board want me to finish in the top half of the premier league?!?! They give me harldy any budget and I barely have a bottom half team if I'm lucky haha

Iv started a season with derby played 7 games game 2 league cup games and 5 league games winning all 7 top of the league scoring 16 goals and conceding just one:)

Injuries to Weimann, Martin, Russell and Bent has caused me to have no strike force at all and my defence seems to be easily beaten by the opposing team hoofing to each wing which sucks but I'm in contention for automatic promotion now, it's a tight race in my save :)