Any help is appreciated, thanks!

What I'm going to do is do a quick run through with Barca, and see if the problems reoccur. That should allow me to isolate the issue a bit more (assuming it's got to be player, engine or tactic).

I do watch the matches (been watching a lot of games on full recently trying to figure it out) and in general the players do have options. If it turns out not to be a personnel issue, I will post some more detailed screens.

Hello mate, how did the run through go?

Thanks wj for the input. I know u don't have the answer or precise answer but your opinion is good enough even in general. Sometimes when u attempt to find the "perfect" tactics we tend to lose sight of the clearer things. Hence we need ppl like you to give us a set back birds eye view of the problem. And if Ya wondering, yes your opinions and suggestions did help out. I mean I'm not breezing thru but it's alot easier now in those situations.
Ok here is another question wj, I have 2 formation that I play. First formation i wanted them to be middle neither too expressive nor to rigid. 2nd formation I want em to be more discipline. Hence ofc I select the necessary team instructions for the respective formation. Now my questions is that
1. The formation that I want em to be playing right in between expressive and discipline , they tend to do better when I select the option that allows them to play with more flair
2. 2nd formation I wanted them to play with more instead they played better when it's I don't select that option.
Any ideas on why?
Lastly is there a way or how do u setup a team instructions to play at a lower tempo. So far I failed miserably unlike in fm15.
Thanks in advance
It's really better to create a separate thread for your questions.

Hello mate, how did the run through go?

The only constant I can really find so far is playing a variant of 4-6-0. The AI seems to identify these balls down the channel as killer passes when you play with inside forwards and an am, because of all the space it leaves behind their back 4. Having looked at it closely, players from all around the pitch are absolutely obsessed with playing the same ball into the channel for the IF. When I played an actual striker, a lot of those balls disappeared so I'm guessing it's either something to do with that being seen as a killer ball in those situations or as a way to try and keep possession when under pressure.

Will look into it more tonight then report back.

The only constant I can really find so far is playing a variant of 4-6-0. The AI seems to identify these balls down the channel as killer passes when you play with inside forwards and an am, because of all the space it leaves behind their back 4. Having looked at it closely, players from all around the pitch are absolutely obsessed with playing the same ball into the channel for the IF. When I played an actual striker, a lot of those balls disappeared so I'm guessing it's either something to do with that being seen as a killer ball in those situations or as a way to try and keep possession when under pressure.

Will look into it more tonight then report back.

could well be some dodgy decision making. bear in mind there are likely to be updates by released if not before.

Subtle, looks like the AI is made to find players with either less marked or with lots of space. And basically the pocket in the channel looks more like it.
First try your original formation against a team that plays only 1 dmc or no dmc.
2. Don't remember your formation or u didn't mention it but are u playing with a dmc? How is your midfield centres functions and roles like?
Lastly it could be like what Mike said. It's a bug in the ai and they might just patch it on launch day.

Every ******* time you play online and the game always ******* crashes for the host and you always end up losing every ******* game you've already won

could well be some dodgy decision making. bear in mind there are likely to be updates by released if not before.

Hey it's better than when I tried to play it in FM14 beta and every time the left centreback got the ball he would immediately launch it the full length of the pitch. ;)

Subtle, looks like the AI is made to find players with either less marked or with lots of space. And basically the pocket in the channel looks more like it.
First try your original formation against a team that plays only 1 dmc or no dmc.
2. Don't remember your formation or u didn't mention it but are u playing with a dmc? How is your midfield centres functions and roles like?
Lastly it could be like what Mike said. It's a bug in the ai and they might just patch it on launch day.

That actually makes lots and lots of sense in this context. It does often happen when I'm playing opponents who press high up, so even though the logical decision to me might seem like a backpass, the AI might see that as much riskier than passing to a winger in loads of space.

For now I am going to try and play really, really narrow and I will report back.

Current formation was

cb-cb
wb-dm-wb
cm-cm
if-am-ram

although i played around a lot with the roles of the front 3.

After going on a surprising tear with Getafe in the 2021/2022 season, ending up 5th in the Primera, doing great business, improving faciliteis and all dat nice *** ****, I decided to take my NVidia up on its words, and update my driver. Sadly, resulted in FM crashing... Punchline being, I disabled autosave, since I moved so quickly through the season (come on, I was so f***ing exciting!) I've now been thrown back to a month before things started looking good. I last more than half a year. Half a year of some finally hard fought ups and prosperity. Now it's all lost. I'll never be able to beat the likes of Barca, Madrid, Valencia, Atlético, or any other top five team ever again, no mater how many times I decide to reload again. F***!!! F**** this, I'm done, I worked so hard to qualify for the EL, and reaching the finale og the del Rey. Well... guess this is as good a time as any to just jump to the FM16 beta then... Sad though, I was beginning to appreciate the likes of Adrian Torres and co.

Is it just me or is every decent scout Italian? Like 9 out of 10.

And the few good Brazilian scouts out there wouldn't leave even if their country was on fire.

I can't stand the way that the background zooms out/ gets fuzzy, ect. It's given me a headache from time to time and hurt my eyes. I hope to Christ they get rid of it.

Subtle, I'm also playing a 3 man midfield with a dmc. All 4 of my defenders have their players instructions selected on short pass. Basically I don't see how can your DC be hoofing the ball as I have nvr seen mine doing it. Because of the high line and I think u play a high line your mids will be close enough for your DC to make the pass. Sometimes if u don't notice your dmc might just drop almost as low as being a straight line to your DCs. But fullbacks well yeah that's different. I have seen them doing the long pass even with instructions not to. Tho most of the time it's to the same side of the flank. But u might see a cross field once or twice in the game.

I hate the spam threads clogging up the forum!!!

The most frustrating thing for me is shot accuracy! I started of with Southend United as always and I would have on average 15-25 shots per game with only 2/3 on target, I watch all highlights and I could have 5/6 1 on 1's and every time the striker would miss the target!

I sold Hunt because he wanted to move on and bought the top scorer from league 2 as a quick replacement. He scored a hattrick for me in his first game and hasn't scored in 10 or so games since!

I get it, I am Southend with very average strikers but lets face it, you put someone who has never kicked a ball in real life in a 1on1 situation 5/6 times they will hit the target at least once! :'(

I also cannot find any consistency! In my first season I would go 10 games without a win, then go unbeaten for 10 games then repeat! I have never had to change tactics so many times in 1 and a bit seasons! I just cannot find anything that works... it may just be me but I am finding this game a lot harder than previous games. I do enjoy the challenge but it is so frustrating!

Firstly, I understand it is a pre-release Beta version and there are always going to be bugs that need to be ironed out before official release. I also realise that for the most part I am just covering what most other people have already said but I already have a list of all the things that are frustrating me on FM16:

1. The amount of yellow cards are ridiculous – I have tried pressing and not pressing, I have tried ‘stay on feet’ instructions, I have even tried ‘Ease of tackles’ for serial offenders.. No joy.
2. Off-side/Disallowed goals – I originally was playing ‘play into space’ and ‘Hit early crosses’ but then realised this may be the cause, so I changed to ‘Keep Possession’ ‘Work Ball into box’ style penetration.. I managed 5 matches in a row with a disallowed goal due to off-side, I lost by one goal or drew I each of these 5 matches. When I watched a replay, the linesman/ref had actually made the wrong call on 2 decisions.
3. Injuries – Whilst I understand that injuries happen, I also understand that it is possible to lose some of your best players to bad injuries at the same time. I do not believe it is at all realistic to have 8 of your best eleven players out to long term injury at the same time, two of which forcing your players to considering retirement at the ages of 27 & 28.
4. Finishing/taking chances – If I have another game where I lose another game 1-0 after 27 shots/21 on target, to the oppositions 2 shots on target, I am going to do serious damage to my laptop and/or any object near me at the time.
5. Players actually listening to instructions – This one has to be the most frustrating of the lot. Why is it that despite giving my keeper the instructions to ‘roll ball out’ and ‘distribute to wing backs’ does the silly ***** decide to hoof the ball up field to either my 5’7” forward or even worse off for a throw?

As I said I know I am not the only one with these issues and I know that some of them will be sorted out by the official release but my god this game is driving me past the point of insanity at the moment!

Rant over..

@ amount of yellow cards: yeah, they're a bit off. It's mostly when standing next to a striker who turned his back to your defender where things get ridiculous.

@ braindead referees: Ever watched a Bundesliga match? They're waaaay to good in FM than they should be for a realistic depiction.

@ injuries: well it's your own fault for actually using your players. Hint: Right click on player name -> Training -> Rest -> Rest for 1 week. Repeat every week. Don't play them in matches if you want to keep them not injured.

@ 0-1 goals after 27-2 shots on goal: you're new to FM, amirite? ;)

@ stubborn players: well this might have something to do with your wing backs being too far up the field so that your GK can't roll out far enough.

@ amount of yellow cards: yeah, they're a bit off. It's mostly when standing next to a striker who turned his back to your defender where things get ridiculous.

@ braindead referees: Ever watched a Bundesliga match? They're waaaay to good in FM than they should be for a realistic depiction.

@ injuries: well it's your own fault for actually using your players. Hint: Right click on player name -> Training -> Rest -> Rest for 1 week. Repeat every week. Don't play them in matches if you want to keep them not injured.

@ 0-1 goals after 27-2 shots on goal: you're new to FM, amirite? ;)

@ stubborn players: well this might have something to do with your wing backs being too far up the field so that your GK can't roll out far enough.

No I am not new to FM, been playing it since Champ Manager days. I am used to these issues being common place in the game but I am surprised they make the same mistakes on each new addition.

Injuries - There isn't much I can do about a 'Robust tackle during training' that rules my top striker out for 8-9 months with a broken leg. I am also not the only person suffering these problems.

0-1 losses - I can accept one, two maybe even three of these results a season but not every other game.

Stubborn players - I play full backs in a back four, who are certainly not far up the pitch on a goal kick.

No I am not new to FM, been playing it since Champ Manager days. I am used to these issues being common place in the game but I am surprised they make the same mistakes on each new addition.

Injuries - There isn't much I can do about a 'Robust tackle during training' that rules my top striker out for 8-9 months with a broken leg. I am also not the only person suffering these problems.

0-1 losses - I can accept one, two maybe even three of these results a season but not every other game.

Stubborn players - I play full backs in a back four, who are certainly not far up the pitch on a goal kick.

In real life the most common score is 1-0 and 1-1 there was a study done a couple of years ago across the 4 top leagues for the last ten years (Spain, England, Germany and Italy), and it held true in all 4.

edit I should add I am not trying to be a **** or anything, I am in the process of reading a lot of football statistic books as I am trying to make an algorithim for fantasy football points prediction, hence me knowing his useless bit of information.

Last edited:
In real life the most common score is 1-0 and 1-1 there was a study done a couple of years ago across the 4 top leagues for the last ten years (Spain, England, Germany and Italy), and it held true in all 4.

edit I should add I am not trying to be a **** or anything, I am in the process of reading a lot of football statistic books as I am trying to make an algorithim for fantasy football points prediction, hence me knowing his useless bit of information.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that its the 1-0 losses that are annoying me, I get that they are common, its the manner of the loss. Dominating possession, 20+ shots on goal, every opposition goal keeper playing as if their life depended on it, I am yet to even see my team net a penalty after 3 attempts. Yet the opposition will score a screamer from 30 yards and that's the game wrapped up. To be fair its just a moan, I'll never stop playing the game and I know that post release things will improve.