Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
This is a frustration as much as it is a call for help - I have a striker that has not scored for about 14 games, he gets loads of assists and puts in good performances but he constantly misses the target; the amount of times he shoots from 3/4 yards out and misses is unreal. When he does take a good shot the keeper always saves. His stats are good, fin16, cmp13, off18. It's as if the game doesn't want him to score. What can I do? Has anyone overcome this kind of thing before?

Talk to him.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I'll laugh in the face of those stupid small time clubs that thought they could out price me. Negotiate - never!!!

This is a frustration as much as it is a call for help - I have a striker that has not scored for about 14 games, he gets loads of assists and puts in good performances but he constantly misses the target; the amount of times he shoots from 3/4 yards out and misses is unreal. When he does take a good shot the keeper always saves. His stats are good, fin16, cmp13, off18. It's as if the game doesn't want him to score. What can I do? Has anyone overcome this kind of thing before?

What is his personality, decisions, technique?

What is his personality, decisions, technique?

Decisions 15, technique 19, personality ambitious.

I've got Mason Bennett who plays in the same position and he scores goals, both players a deep lying forwards. It just seems nothing will go in for him but he always seems to cause trouble in the box for others to feed off.

The fella above suggested I talk to him but there seems to be no option available in private chat that I can do that.

Decisions 15, technique 19, personality ambitious.

I've got Mason Bennett who plays in the same position and he scores goals, both players a deep lying forwards. It just seems nothing will go in for him but he always seems to cause trouble in the box for others to feed off.

The fella above suggested I talk to him but there seems to be no option available in private chat that I can do that.

Weak point seems to be is composure, although its not awful. What PPMs?

Haven't posted in a while (Haven't been playing much FM recently), but just started a new game and something has annoyed me just one match in.

Back story: I take over a side in the Swedish bottom division. It's mid season and this side is near the bottom when they are predicted to finish top. I'm told to get mid table. I look at the side available to me, and see utter **** everywhere, and most my half decent players are out injured for, on average, at least a month. The transfer window is still another month away. I look at the reserves and youth sides and only find a couple of rubbish 1/2 star rated players. I call them up because I have no substitutes.

So, first game, after looking at the squad, I decide I'm going to have to play tactics that are very limited in attacking or creativity. Defensive formation, and hope to score goals at set pieces or counter attacks. Tight game until one of my crappy 1/2 star players comes off the bench and scores a brace. 3-1 win and I'm happy.

The fans aren't though. They're "okay" with the victory, but the comment from the spokesperson is ridiculous. He says the fans are disappointed with the performance and feel that playing a weakened team contributed to a let down of a performance.

Seriously, what??!!

Weak point seems to be is composure, although its not awful. What PPMs?

No PPM's. Its a real strange one because he's actually just broken the assist record with 19 in 19 games, so essentially he's doing a good job. I just want him to get a goal

Right, has anyone else noticed this: whenever my players are tackled they always hit the deck and the it attributes the opposition as having made a good clean tackle. This happens 95% of the time and it means when they win the ball there is a huge gap left by my floored player. However, when my players make a challenge the opposition always, always stay on their feet meaning we have no room for maneuver. It seems unfair.

No PPM's. Its a real strange one because he's actually just broken the assist record with 19 in 19 games, so essentially he's doing a good job. I just want him to get a goal

Try teaching him shoots with power. But its a bit odd why he missed. Wonder what his hidden attributes are like.

Stick him on pens as well to keep his confidence up.

RRRRRRggh. HAVE to vent. I've just almost thrown the laptop out of the window. I'm joint top, playing the bottom team, at home. They score within one minute. Two minutes later they have second; my star defender (avg rating 8.18) blasts the ball straight into their striker, he cannons the ball of the crossbar, the goalkeeper runs away from it and they put it in an open net. The don't have another shot all game. The rest of the games goes with us annihilating them 25 shots on goal 5 on target 4cc's... they have 3 shots. everybody is missing from 3,4,5 yards out. It is the most ridiculous game I've ever played on this; i know some are bad but this... I couldn't accept it, had to restart it was just ridiculous to watch. I was on the floor like a child it was so stupid.

Oh and this team had lost their last 7 games.

I hate this game

Same here buddy, lost to Stoke as LFC 4-0. I dominated the whole match but Reina saved worse than a Racoon. But anyways in the last 20min I hit the crossbar nearly 10 times. The match before I beat Chelsea 3-0. Thanks to that Stoke lead the table and I'm second. Fortunately, I have an incredible 4 games in hand. Wow

Has anyone noticed why when you are defending there are 2 players at center of pitch but when u attack the opponent sends the whole squad back. They mark the CF with 4 men and the cross never gets far.

The worst thing is, I knew it was going to happen, before we even entered the match I knew the computer was going to trick it and give them the win and within a minute it started.

The worst thing is, I knew it was going to happen, before we even entered the match I knew the computer was going to trick it and give them the win and within a minute it started.

Computer doesnt do anything like that. If you saw it coming, why didnt you deal with it? Instead of letting it happen.

They have lost 7 games. This should tell you everything about how they will play. Slow, deep, break. You took 25 shots.

This is all about defeating the low block defence. Do real life teams to it by blasting 25 shots? Only if they are Liverpool, and they usually fail.

Rather than getting frustrated and reloading, you should have gone slower, tried to pull them out of position.

They are deep, so you need to either trying and drop deeper, draw them forwards and get in behind, or you need to get your most agile dribblers running high and hard at them, drawing fouls, dragging markers away, creating space, and getting people sent off.

Last edited:
Computer doesnt do anything like that. If you saw it coming, why didnt you deal with it? Instead of letting it happen.

They have lost 7 games. This should tell you everything about how they will play. Slow, deep, break. You took 25 shots.

This is all about defeating the low block defence. Do real life teams to it by blasting 25 shots? Only if they are Liverpool, and they usually fail.

Rather than getting frustrated and reloading, you should have gone slower, tried to pull them out of position.

They are deep, so you need to either trying and drop deeper, draw them forwards and get in behind, or you need to get your most agile dribblers running high and hard at them, drawing fouls, dragging markers away, creating space, and getting people sent off.

I understand you POV and obviously the game is does not have the score prepared I was talking rather in an ethereal sense.

But with reference to blasting the shots, we did not do that. My frustration came from the fact that more than half of those 25 were taken inside the oppositions box and it was inexplicably poor shooting as opposed to panicky long shots.

I do take your point about drawing them in as I tend to become stumped and frustrated when they fill their box with players. Normally I would not reset but to witness the horror was too much for my rage to bear.

PS

Would you have any recommendations in dealing with the 4-5-1 formations the big boys like to play. I don't like matching them with one up top because my strikers are so good but Arsenal and United tend to stifle me in midfield. Should I just bite the bullet and match them or is there another way?

I just conceded the most ridiculous free-kick. It was about 25-30 yards out on the touchline. All of my players were stood on the goal-line. They passed it inside to one of their obviously unmarked players who dribbled it to the 6 yard box and blasted it in. All the while my entire team just stood on the goal-line. Never seen anything like it.

I just conceded the most ridiculous free-kick. It was about 25-30 yards out on the touchline. All of my players were stood on the goal-line. They passed it inside to one of their obviously unmarked players who dribbled it to the 6 yard box and blasted it in. All the while my entire team just stood on the goal-line. Never seen anything like it.

FM MAGIC MAN

I have two major Frustrations:

1) The amount of times players look for throwins/corners by trying to hit an opposition player with the ball...and failing utterly.
Even when there is a player to pass inside to.
A match I played not long ago, my winger wins the ball deep in our half and busts a gut running down the wing with the ball, my strikers and attacking midfielders busted a gut getting into the box and instead of the winger cutting it back to three open players he stops, then tries and fails to win a corner off the full back that had tracked him back but was yard behind him. At the time we where 4 Vs 2.....Utterly utterly frustrating.

2) If a keeper has the ball at his feet for more than 5 seconds its a nailed on certainty he will kick the ball out of play.

Last edited:
I understand you POV and obviously the game is does not have the score prepared I was talking rather in an ethereal sense.

But with reference to blasting the shots, we did not do that. My frustration came from the fact that more than half of those 25 were taken inside the oppositions box and it was inexplicably poor shooting as opposed to panicky long shots.

I do take your point about drawing them in as I tend to become stumped and frustrated when they fill their box with players. Normally I would not reset but to witness the horror was too much for my rage to bear.

PS

Would you have any recommendations in dealing with the 4-5-1 formations the big boys like to play. I don't like matching them with one up top because my strikers are so good but Arsenal and United tend to stifle me in midfield. Should I just bite the bullet and match them or is there another way?

Not inexpliciable, your team were getting nervy under the fact they were taking numerous shots, and not scoring. Against deep teams, its not about creating lots of chances, but quality ones. I should have clarified I wasn't talking about the range of shots.

Stopping the DMC is a good start, with two up front, play a hardworking/powerful/more defensive striker in the deeper role, and set him to specific mark the DMC. Think Rooney dropping deep and harrasing, give him no time and space to move the ball from deep, especially if he is the playmaker too.

Last edited:
I have two major Frustrations:

1) The amount of times players look for throwins/corners by trying to hit an opposition player with the ball...and failing utterly.
Even when there is a player to pass inside to.
A match I played not long ago, my winger wins the ball deep in our half and busts a gut running down the wing with the ball, my strikers and attacking midfielders busted a gut getting into the box and instead of the winger cutting it back to three open players he stops, then tries and fails to win a corner off the full back that had tracked him back but was yard behind him. At the time we where 4 Vs 2.....Utterly utterly frustrating.

2) If a keeper has the ball at his feet for more than 5 seconds its a nailed on certainty he will kick the ball out of play.

Cannot speak for 2) but 1) is certainly a minor bug that has not gone unnoticed.

Back