Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Firstly, where did I say I didn't expect to lose because I haven't conceded for 8 games?

Secondly, I wasn't 'randomly changing'. I lost the first game playing a counter tactic 4-1. Any one with a football brain can see that the defense and midfield clearly was being dominated, so, in the next game, I put more men behind the ball to tighten things up, take Barcelona v Chelsea 2 seasons ago, but the game still decided that I was going to concede 4 goals in that game. No guarantees of not conceding 4 by going more defensive, I know, but certainly much more unlikely. Anyway, that didn't work so I thought the best way to get through this tie would be to try and score a few away goals as I was always going to concede 4 and that worked better, by going more attacking. I scored a goal in both attempts with that tactic and went through. Plenty of logic here and they're not 'random' changes.

And I can answer all of those questions. Build up - Defending throughout week, defensive positioning- match prep.
Man City threats - Cavani: Set to man marked, closed down and shown to weaker foot. His suppliers also set to closed down.
I didn't feel weak at all at that point. My defense had been solid all season as well as my midfield.
And City played 3 at the back and 6 in midfield so I was never going to control the midfield so the best way would be to counter them, but clearly that didn't work.

And an odd user approach and logic???
That in bold.
No no and no.

You need to get this idea out your head. I can not say this over and over again.

You went on the counter, but closed them down, so you were sat deep and pulled out of shape chasing quick technical shadows.

You reloaded and changes strategies till you won, that doesn't sound like much logic to me. When you lost each time did you determine where they actually exposed you, did you determine their weaknesses? And yours?

For example you say you are strong all season, but what about this game?

City have 6 in midfield, you say this yourself, and 3 at the back. So you know that they out number you in midfield. Which means you must know you outnumber them on the flanks? Did you attack down there? You know you cant win the midfield battle, yet you tried to close down a midfield that outnumbered you, creating gaps for them to exploit.

Last edited:
That in bold.
No no and no.

You need to get this idea out your head. I can not say this over and over again.

You went on the counter, but closed them down, so you were sat deep and pulled out of shape chasing quick technical shadows.

You reloaded and changes strategies till you won, that doesn't sound like much logic to me. When you lost each time did you determine where they actually exposed you, did you determine their weaknesses? And yours?

For example you say you are strong all season, but what about this game?

City have 6 in midfield, you say this yourself, and 3 at the back. So you know that they out number you in midfield. Which means you must know you outnumber them on the flanks? Did you attack down there? You know you cant win the midfield battle, yet you tried to close down a midfield that outnumbered you, creating gaps for them to exploit.

The 6 they had in midfield included 2 wide midfielders who were Vidal and so they were good both defensively and offensively. Also, if i'd have player 'wider' then that too would create more space in the middle, causing me to be even more overrun. And I'm sorry to keep using this example (as i'm a proud chelsea fan!) but look at Chelsea v Barcelona last year. They knew they couldn't win the midfield battle but they tried their best to fill the holes by keeping players back and protect the defense. They certainly didn't play with wingers and try and attack Barcelona out wide. However, when I try to implement this in the game, it was as if my midfield wasn't there. Also, I didn't 'close city's midfield down' it terms off opposition instructions, as yes, my midfielders would be caught out. But trying the 'stay on feet' shout and 'stand-off' maybe better for containing them.
It does seem weird though how I tried one really defensive tactic but still conceded the same amount of goals though. It is possible but very unlikely.
And when I was reloading it I cant stress enough how I wasn't doing it in a 'rage quit' fashion, but more to simply figure out how the **** I beat them. And yes, it kind of ruined the season by reloading but now I know that you cant simply try and employ tactics that you would IRL situations in the game itself.

The 6 they had in midfield included 2 wide midfielders who were Vidal and so they were good both defensively and offensively. Also, if i'd have player 'wider' then that too would create more space in the middle, causing me to be even more overrun. And I'm sorry to keep using this example (as i'm a proud chelsea fan!) but look at Chelsea v Barcelona last year. They knew they couldn't win the midfield battle but they tried their best to fill the holes by keeping players back and protect the defense. They certainly didn't play with wingers and try and attack Barcelona out wide. However, when I try to implement this in the game, it was as if my midfield wasn't there. Also, I didn't 'close city's midfield down' it terms off opposition instructions, as yes, my midfielders would be caught out. But trying the 'stay on feet' shout and 'stand-off' maybe better for containing them.
It does seem weird though how I tried one really defensive tactic but still conceded the same amount of goals though. It is possible but very unlikely.
And when I was reloading it I cant stress enough how I wasn't doing it in a 'rage quit' fashion, but more to simply figure out how the **** I beat them. And yes, it kind of ruined the season by reloading but now I know that you cant simply try and employ tactics that you would IRL situations in the game itself.

But they dont have full backs do they? that is their weakpoint. Their flanks should have been overloaded. You should have been narrow in midfield, holding position to make it difficult for them to pass you to death and focusing your attack down their undermanned flanks.

The bold is wrong. I cannot stress how much this is wrong.

Ever though Chelsea were simply better at this than you? Chelsea were also lucky that Barcelona refused to pepper them with longhots and made it easier by attacking the middle. Barcelona also played with wide players and full backs. It's not actually that similar to your match

My record vs City contained one defeat in 9, in the Charity Shield.

You keep getting bogged down in the game cant let you do this or that, and not only is it wrong, its actually negatively influencing how you play

I'm sounding incredibly harsh here, and I really do apologise, but you have got to fundamentally change the way you approach the game.

First and foremost, screenshots of your tactic. In fact create your own specific thread. I feel like i'm singling you out here

On this topic:

Tactic, Match flow
The absolute best way to actually learn something is to re-watch the goals they score using the rewind option during the game. Rewind about 45 seconds from the goal, turn on full game and normal "speed". Here, it’s always, always pretty obvious exactly how they scored their goal. If you then consider your tactical approach and under what circumstances this happened, it will become clear why it happened.

Naturally, you can do this after the game to, but then it’s too late to do something about it. You could argue that is not that realistic as it’s not an option that is presented to you as a real life manager but then again, no manager’s watch the games in “extended highlights” so I would use it: D

After having done this a couple of times, you will soon spot these patterns when looking at the live watch and its flow, in the end making you a better match coach. That is if willing to change something.

Players
It can also be good to actually take some notes on players not performing under certain circumstances. If you have a player that lacks in concentration and is often over confident, then he might not be the one to use in these tight matches if his role is to be a vital part of your pressing system

Why is this important then? Well, to be able to tell if your DR is pulled out of his position because of theirs and your tactical approach, you need to know if your team is working as a unit. If the MR has no intention of being a team player for this game, then the problem is he, not the tactic etc.

Last edited:
But they dont have full backs do they? that is their weakpoint. Their flanks should have been overloaded. You should have been narrow in midfield, holding position to make it difficult for them to pass you to death and focusing your attack down their undermanned flanks.

The bold is wrong. I cannot stress how much this is wrong.

Ever though Chelsea were simply better at this than you? Chelsea were also lucky that Barcelona refused to pepper them with longhots and made it easier by attacking the middle. Barcelona also played with wide players and full backs. It's not actually that similar to your match

My record vs City contained one defeat in 9, in the Charity Shield.

Yes, I too have had good records at city in past saves but they have a new manager with an **** of a tactic. And city played with wide players too, not wing backs though but Barca IRL pretty much play their FBs as wingers and Busquets dropped back to become like a 3rd CB so their line-up ended up looking quite similar.
My point is that despite how much I tried stopping them from playing, they still ripped me to shreds and overturned a 2 goal deficit and it came out of nowhere, and they weren't well worked goals either. They were poor back-passes, rebounds etc.
Sorry if this is getting repetitive!
Also, for some reason my screenshots don't appear in the screenshots folder? Have read all the help threads but none relate to the problem. I can take them fine but i cant get them from the game to the PC files.

EDIT: And where I said you can't use real life tactics in the game, I meant there are certain things you can't tell your players just before a game, but only over a long period of time. E.g Varane likes to play his way out of trouble and I am happy with this in the long run but for certain games and if this was real life I would tell him to get rid of danger in this game. Probably a poor example but an example nevertheless. Will think of a better one later.

Last edited:
weren't well worked goals either. They were poor back-passes, rebounds etc.
Sorry if this is getting repetitive!
Also, for some reason my screenshots don't appear in the screenshots folder? Have read all the help threads but none relate to the problem. I can take them fine but i cant get them from the game to the PC files.

If you are on a PC, then just print the screen ( like fn+insert) and copy it into your free "paint" or something. Then you can use that image.

None of what you said is repetitive so dont apologise. It's all about getting you to understand your wins and losses and not get angry about them.

How to play against City? With Inside forwards and two DMC's. They probably play 3-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. In first case IF destroys the flanks, in second case double pivots take care of 3 AMC.

My day is seriously ruined. I wanted to make Lorenzo Insigne into someone like Totti... Who breaths and bleed Blue and White.

How do you guys ensure you don't get your files corrupted?

My day is seriously ruined. I wanted to make Lorenzo Insigne into someone like Totti... Who breaths and bleed Blue and White.

How do you guys ensure you don't get your files corrupted?

3 file rolling auto save.

I need some help.
Im playing with Nots second season in PL, and Im struggling against smaller clubs,
Some example:
I beat ManUtd 4:0, next game I beat Liverpool 1:0, and the next against Hull I lose

Last season WestHam were last 10games 1draw 9loses, I play against them and I almost lost, the match ended 3:3 I scored from penalty in 94

I just realized, i though Goretzka is having tough competetion for place in Germany, but when i look at german nat team, everyone is fake person.. googled it, and it sucks, i need to delete a file and starts a new game... Im in 2020 though.. ****..,.

Do i really need to start a new game?

I just realized, i though Goretzka is having tough competetion for place in Germany, but when i look at german nat team, everyone is fake person.. googled it, and it sucks, i need to delete a file and starts a new game... Im in 2020 though.. ****..,.

Do i really need to start a new game?

No, just delete the files needed. The next call ( it might be the one after if you have done it too close to the next one) will be real players

I been managing Stoke in my first season, I ******* understand what you mean. I hate it when the players try to go from like 30 yards, Cameron Jones has a really **** shot and finishing yet he thinks he's Steven Gerrard time to time.

Back