Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
So, in the league or the domestic cups I can't beat ANY of the big teams, apart from Spurs. But in the Champions League, I trash them easily. Just as an example, I lost 0-1 to Man City at home, struggling to do anything. The CL final is a few weeks later and I beat them easily 2-0. I knocked out Man Utd 4-0, and now just lost 1-3 at home. This is just getting stupid.

I know it's not scripted...been told a thousand times but how did I know what was going to happen in my next game! Five games into the season...5 wins, top of the league...next game against the bottom club who had lost all their games....no need to tell you the outcome!

I know it's not scripted...been told a thousand times but how did I know what was going to happen in my next game! Five games into the season...5 wins, top of the league...next game against the bottom club who had lost all their games....no need to tell you the outcome!

Rapidly followed by a 0-0 draw with the team who were 2nd bottom! Not scripted......but so so so so predictable! Every season seems to be the same. First half dozen games won on the trot, followed by fixtures against bottom teams where we can't buy a win. I'll be a happy man when I work out why, coz it happens more or less the same whether I'm League 1 or Premier League. Completely different squads, but the same scenario. Its probably over-confidence, but what sort of reaction would I get if I slagged them off after winning 6 on the trot?

Rapidly followed by a 0-0 draw with the team who were 2nd bottom! Not scripted......but so so so so predictable! Every season seems to be the same. First half dozen games won on the trot, followed by fixtures against bottom teams where we can't buy a win. I'll be a happy man when I work out why, coz it happens more or less the same whether I'm League 1 or Premier League. Completely different squads, but the same scenario. Its probably over-confidence, but what sort of reaction would I get if I slagged them off after winning 6 on the trot?

Blades, if it happens everytime then you need to rethink your approach. bit late now, but I'm genuinely interested in what you do in terms of man management, because i've seen your tactical approaches and it all looks very good ( though I still think you can be very demanding tactically of your players :D) When you get time, would be interested in a detailed post about your teams talks, press conferences, manager interactions, also the personalities of your squad. I'll leave some feedback in the morning

Hi, very new to this posting lark but here goes - when I play matches in my second season of FM2013 various players keep swapping positions (mainly midfielders and strikers swapping) and my Assistant manager keeps telling me to play strikers in a more familiar position. I swap them back via 'Quick substitutions' but within 5 minutes of playing time they've gone back again and I have to keep doing this all throughout the match. Can anyone give advice on how to stop this or what I'm doing wrong please?

Can anyone help me, i recently edited my set up by put celtic into the English set-up, went to load it now on the eve of starting in the premier division and it wont load at all! anyone had this before?

Comes up XML Parsing Error

Last edited:
Hi, very new to this posting lark but here goes - when I play matches in my second season of FM2013 various players keep swapping positions (mainly midfielders and strikers swapping) and my Assistant manager keeps telling me to play strikers in a more familiar position. I swap them back via 'Quick substitutions' but within 5 minutes of playing time they've gone back again and I have to keep doing this all throughout the match. Can anyone give advice on how to stop this or what I'm doing wrong please?

Go onto the selected player's instructions on the tactics menu thingy and check to see the 'swap position' tab. It should be set as 'none'. If not then there's your reason :)

Just joined fm-base. I've been playing FM13 for 4 months and I love it - completely addicted! I just don't understand all the moaning about the game. It took me about a month to get the hang of it then I have taken Port Vale to the Premiership, won that, won the Community Shield and just won the Capital One cup.
Of course it's not realistic - it's just great fun!

Hey guys. More of a question than a frustration but thought it wasn't worth starting a thread over. In the past 3 games I've had 4 sendings off. None straight reds, all for 2 yellow card offences. One of the cards was for diving but the rest have all just been fouls. My tackling setting is set to default and each players tackling instruction is normal. I don't understand why I'm having so many sendings off. Any advice would be great!

You need to check whether the referee is harsh or firm - if he is, adjust your tackling to 'More Cautious'

Equally, if he's lenient, change it to 'More aggressive'

Hope that helps

I usually do that, but the referees aren't exceptionally strict. The last one for example has done 6 games this season and only has 2 red cards (both mine) and 8 yellow cards (6 mine). I wondered if there was a feature of squad discipline or anything in 13?

Hmm, don't know then. I only play in 'Classic mode' and it works on that.

Haven't got time to play the full game - unfortunately!

I usually do that, but the referees aren't exceptionally strict. The last one for example has done 6 games this season and only has 2 red cards (both mine) and 8 yellow cards (6 mine). I wondered if there was a feature of squad discipline or anything in 13?

yes. After the game where you are told about the player getting send off, you are given the option to take action against him. Here, its hugely important to fine him/warn him. Otherwise, yhou will see this floodgate scenario.

Every ****** game on my Mallorca save my opponents are down a man and we still never win.

Last edited:
Does anyone else notice that nearly every time a player is injured on the sideline there is a goal? Only ever been one time where it has not happened for me

Back