Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Champions League quarter final 2nd leg: Chelsea (me) v Man City. Already leading 2-0 on aggregate. Haven't conceded a goal in 8 games.
First attempt: Try my successfully proved defensive/counter tactic. Lose 4-1
Second attempt: Put every single man behind the ball, put it on contain, retain ball etc. Lose 4-0
Third attempt: Try my other more attacking 4-2-3-1 tactic. Lose 4-1
Fourth attempt: Try the exact same tactic as 3rd attempt but different team-talk and starting 11. Win over two legs in extra time by losing 3-1

And I dont get no enjoyment restarting the game, i'm trying to prove a point on how fixed this game can be. Or not fixed, but random. And it's not "my tactics" either as I am 18 points clear in the EPL with 6 games to go. I have lost all enthusiasm and trust with this game when something like this happens. Its as if the games are determined by odds. E.g Man City had a 80% chance of winning that game despite the first leg and all I could do was to keep playing until I had that game where I had 20% chance of winning. It didn't matter what tactics I used (well not at first), I was always going to lose.

And to make it worse, the other tie going on at the same time finished the same scoreline every time!

What on earth makes you think not conceding for 8 games means you cannot lose this one

The game isnt fixed.

You are randomly changing for changes sake.

You also totally contradict yourself. If its random it cannot be fixed. You havent tried any real footballing logic here, you've just veered from one change to another. Stop doing gamey reloads and changing for changes sake. Especially as you have saved just before the game so all the off pitch motivational factors etc are all now fixed anyway. wwfan actually spotted your last post and I will find his response to you.

I'm sure ive told you this before:

Why did you take all 4 approaches? What was your sides build up before the game. What threats from City did you look at? Where did feel you were weakest at? Where do you think you can hurt City?

If you cannot answer all these questions going into a game as tough as City, its not suprise you are getting humped over and over?

Without being harsh, its a tough fixture combined with what is ultimately an odd user approach and logic towards it.There are enough issues in the game without people adding more that are not there

Last edited:
My frustration:

Users making a what is a tough game, even tougher for themselves. WHY??

every season ending like this : View attachment 368913

If i lose the Inter game = I'm 4th = No CL next year = I'm sacked for the second time in my career. Unless my overachieving in CL helps out.

Will update if i lost. If my computer survives that.

Won. Thank Lorenzo Insignes parents for making love.

2nd, 2nd and now 3rd, wonder if i will ever win Serie A...

Last edited:
every season ending like this : View attachment 368913

If i lose the Inter game = I'm 4th = No CL next year = I'm sacked for the second time in my career. Unless my overachieving in CL helps out.

Will update if i lost. If my computer survives that.

Won. Thank Lorenzo Insignes parents for making love.

Question, what is your approach towards the end of the season? If it happens every season, perhaps time for a slight change?

If your players are jaded, perhaps better rotation etc. Have a look at what you are doing, and you can avoid a heart attack next season :D

Question, what is your approach towards the end of the season? If it happens every season, perhaps time for a slight change?

If your players are jaded, perhaps better rotation etc. Have a look at what you are doing, and you can avoid a heart attack next season :D

I always rotate my players. I never play with the same squad twice in a row. I never use the same tactic for 2 games in a row, i sometimes pull stupidly asymertrical formations against teams that i remember not winning against in previous games. I'm cursed i guess. This is how it usually stars:
View attachment 368914
previous season i started off with 11-0-0 and 11 points clear of juventus, which they ofc made up at the end.
This year i'll look to replace my ''backup'' players with some better ones.

I always rotate my players. I never play with the same squad twice in a row. I never use the same tactic for 2 games in a row, i sometimes pull stupidly asymertrical formations against teams that i remember not winning against in previous games. I'm cursed i guess. This is how it usually stars:
View attachment 368914
previous season i started off with 11-0-0 and 11 points clear of juventus, which they ofc made up at the end.
This year i'll look to replace my ''backup'' players with some better ones.

Can you get a screenshot of when it falls apart?

It starts in April and just gets worse. Here are the last two seasons
View attachment 368915View attachment 368916
Always average 73-75 points.

I don't think it's because i suck, it's more because i'm doing something wrong. (playing manager-type games since i was 7, had huge success with other teams in FM13)

First season my job security was *Untouchable*. Now it's ''Secure'' aka ''we're content'' aka ''do better next year or gtfo''

It starts in April and just gets worse. Here are the last two seasons
View attachment 368915View attachment 368916
Always average 73-75 points.

I don't think it's because i suck, it's more because i'm doing something wrong. (playing manager-type games since i was 7, had huge success with other teams in FM13)

First season my job security was *Untouchable*. Now it's ''Secure'' aka ''we're content'' aka ''do better next year or gtfo''

Ignore the last bit about security, that needs fixing imo, it drops far too quickly.

It's player management I think. On first glance it looks like they either become complacent, or nervous under pressure, or a mixture of both among the squad depending on personalities.

What is the prevalent personality type among your team? It would also be worth holding a team meeting before this end of season run in, try and refocus their minds.

I certainly wouldnt say you suck, not at all, suspect it takes just a slight change here and there to push on.

View attachment 368917
This and 5 other players on ''balanced''.

My team talks have been a little less strict then i usually go for tho. I tell them they are unlucky rather than slamming them much more often and then at the end of the season i go into roid-rage and always keep slamming them. Maybe i should go a full season of being a roid-raging bull and see what happens?

I do hold team meetings when necessary and i always get good or even GREAT reactions from them.

View attachment 368917
This and 5 other players on ''balanced''.

My team talks have been a little less strict then i usually go for tho. I tell them they are unlucky rather than slamming them much more often and then at the end of the season i go into roid-rage and always keep slamming them. Maybe i should go a full season of being a roid-raging bull and see what happens?

I do hold team meetings when necessary and i always get good or even GREAT reactions from them.

That bit coupled by your play personalities is where i suspect the issue is. There are not ready for that kind of pressure in the closing part of the season, you cant slam them because they crumble. You want a mixture of going a bit easier, but also adding some battle hardened quality, e more highly professional players; then assuming the context is right, alternate between clam and assertive tones.

I'm gonna work on my team talks and such and make sure my players don't get put under too much pressure. Thanks.

I'm gonna work on my team talks and such and make sure my players don't get put under too much pressure. Thanks.

No worries. The bit about calm/assertive is only more relevant once you add more highly professional players. Players who can take the pressure and roll with it, big game quality players basically.

Been playing this game for the past 2 months now and I'm fed up with it. Games are supposed to be fun. I beat spurs 2-1 away, dominated the game, then draw at home to Barnsley, this game is pure frustration. Back to fm12 I go.

I replaced him on half time because he made 2 mistakes leading to a goal and eventually first defeat in ukrainian league after 42 games and this is how he reacts ( he played 95% of games in first team this season)

View attachment 369040

I replaced him on half time because he made 2 mistakes leading to a goal and eventually first defeat in ukrainian league after 42 games and this is how he reacts ( he played 95% of games in first team this season)

View attachment 369040

Sounds like he has very low professionalism, or some other poor hidden attributes.

Sounds like he has very low professionalism, or some other poor hidden attributes.

It seems so, that will get him transffered in next transfer market, will try to find some other (hopefully better ) full back , now only have Domagoj Vida and Guslev who is injured on 8 months, i know tht this is not right place to ask but any suggestions?

It seems so, that will get him transffered in next transfer market, will try to find some other (hopefully better ) full back , now only have Domagoj Vida and Guslev who is injured on 8 months, i know tht this is not right place to ask but any suggestions?

Sebastien Corchia

Perfect! Now my Napoli save ''could not be loaded''. Last backup is from 3 days ago (irl days). Gotta get on that 3 save rotation, ***** it, i'm done.

Restored to previous version - 1 and a half season back.
Not gonna bother anymore.

That feel when you're never gonna get ''Loyalty Card'' Achievement on Steam, because it gets corrupted before you get that far.

Last edited:
What on earth makes you think not conceding for 8 games means you cannot lose this one

The game isnt fixed.

You are randomly changing for changes sake.

You also totally contradict yourself. If its random it cannot be fixed. You havent tried any real footballing logic here, you've just veered from one change to another. Stop doing gamey reloads and changing for changes sake. Especially as you have saved just before the game so all the off pitch motivational factors etc are all now fixed anyway. wwfan actually spotted your last post and I will find his response to you.

I'm sure ive told you this before:

Why did you take all 4 approaches? What was your sides build up before the game. What threats from City did you look at? Where did feel you were weakest at? Where do you think you can hurt City?

If you cannot answer all these questions going into a game as tough as City, its not suprise you are getting humped over and over?

Without being harsh, its a tough fixture combined with what is ultimately an odd user approach and logic towards it.There are enough issues in the game without people adding more that are not there

Firstly, where did I say I didn't expect to lose because I haven't conceded for 8 games?

Secondly, I wasn't 'randomly changing'. I lost the first game playing a counter tactic 4-1. Any one with a football brain can see that the defense and midfield clearly was being dominated, so, in the next game, I put more men behind the ball to tighten things up, take Barcelona v Chelsea 2 seasons ago, but the game still decided that I was going to concede 4 goals in that game. No guarantees of not conceding 4 by going more defensive, I know, but certainly much more unlikely. Anyway, that didn't work so I thought the best way to get through this tie would be to try and score a few away goals as I was always going to concede 4 and that worked better, by going more attacking. I scored a goal in both attempts with that tactic and went through. Plenty of logic here and they're not 'random' changes.

And I can answer all of those questions. Build up - Defending throughout week, defensive positioning- match prep.
Man City threats - Cavani: Set to man marked, closed down and shown to weaker foot. His suppliers also set to closed down.
I didn't feel weak at all at that point. My defense had been solid all season as well as my midfield.
And City played 3 at the back and 6 in midfield so I was never going to control the midfield so the best way would be to counter them, but clearly that didn't work.

And an odd user approach and logic???

Back