Post Your Frustrations

I feel that all football games have entered the stage where im finding difficult to play because i know newer versions are almost here, especially fifa because thats out in 3 weeks

I was drawing 1-1 against Arsenal with Port Vale (I'm in the Prem). They had a corner, my defence clear it and Sanogo is sent clear of their defence on the halfway line. Instead of running towards the goal and having a 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper, which anyone with an IQ above 12 would do, he decides to punt the ball out out the pitch sideways for a throw in, and the match ends 10 seconds later.
i am sorry shouldt laugh but the iq remark is sensational. lol

Started the season with Castilla won first 8 games conceding 1 goal, now in january i am conceding 2-3 a game even against teams in relegation zone, ive changed nothing. And i wont have Canales for second season because Madrid have let him leave on a free transfer to HSV.

Last edited:
I'm York City, season 2020-21. 4th in Prem, I had told the board I was going to get Euro spot to get the bigger wage/transfer budget. They gave me plenty so I was able to completely rebuild the team with some pretty good players. I've got an Genie CA average of 157 for the team which isn't bad at all. But here comes Carlin Cup whose win will give me Europa League, I'm in the final with Chelsa after having disposed of Liverpool in QF and Arsenal in SF. Due to having been burned a great deal of times with parse errors i do a save before each game then copy the saved game to a separate hard drive. So Chelsea, that I've beaten once before 2-0 comes in and whoops me badly, 5-1. In an effort to try and improve on the tactics, mostly to see what exactly went wrong, I reloaded the game from my save before and replayed it, slightly different formation, different roles. 3 - 0 Chelsea. Replayed it again, 3 - 1. Let my *** Man handle it while I went on vacation. 2 - 0 Chelsea. and on and on... I must have played that game something like 6-7 times myself and 5 or so on vacation with *** taking over. Chelsea beats me every single time. I don't know what gives... Now I'm sure I'll get an Euro spot, there are 10 games to play in Prem and at least I'll get Europa even if I do real real bad. But seems that my team lacks the motivation to come up big in big matches. The best players I have come from either dutch or portugese leagues. Good English players cost a pretty penny I just couldnt afford so I got whoever I could. So yea, that's my frustration... Oh well.

And another really sucky thing this season is that lots of games I've been leading 1 - 0 and in the very last minutes the opposition sneaks one in.

playing as Man Utd got to my thrid season its all going very well, get to the end of the first monthyl loan repayments so i only have the one lot im supposed to be paying, it just says i should be paying about 3.5 million per month, and the board released extra funds as that part of the debt was payed off, but nope im still paying the same ammount, ****** irritating! dunno if this is an error or something that was solved with one of the patches, its anoying as im still making a profit each year by at least £10 million or more, but i could be making serious money if it wasn't for the bleeding repayments!

playing so well then football manager decides to turn on you, disallowed goals, missed penalties, losing games that you have dominated and your best players getting injured

Ac milan, 2nd position, 2 points behind udinese who were lucky to win 18 draw 4 and lost 2.

Its game number 24 and im up against juventus away. juve scored within the first minute when thiago silva got an own goal. The match went on and buffon was a god saving more than 6 good chances. I got a penalty right after half time and what do you know my penalty taker settings were somehow changed, thiago silva came up and missed the kick.

20-25 mins after the penalty kick i had huntelaar,pato, gourcuff and ronaldinho injured. I swapped 3 of them with borriello seedorf and inzaghi. Ronaldinho's injury worsened and he was forced off the pitch, inzaghi soon got injured and seedorf attempted so many outrageous long shots i had no choice but to play him as a defensive midfielder, swapping with pirlo.

At the end of the game i lost 1-0 but 4 of my players reached yellow card limits. So in my next match against roma i dont have pato, huntelaar,inzaghi,ronaldinho,thiago silva, gourcuff,ambrosini,gattuso and pirlo.

I only made 3 signings including gourcuff with the ****** 28m milan gave me.fmllllll

How bout this, my team have won the EPL with 7 matches to spare and have beaten both R Madrid and Barca in the CL, but suddenly playing in a league game under no pressure, players are suddenly nervous, nervous of what exactly? the league is won, why wait till now to be nervous?

Just one of many hundreds of things that FM needs to sort out for FM11.

Another frustration... ManU seems to be heavily undercarded. Case in point, my striker gets ball from deep, goes for a run from close to midfield, is fouled by the last ManU defender, has physio come on for help and the ManU def gets nothing, not even a stern telling by the ref. And for 3 of my players surrounding the ManU striker at the box, I get called out and given a spot kick against. FACT!

Been playing for quite a while today, just decided to take a break because of this (I got pretty annoyed) -

Nearing end of 4th season with United. I have a home game, second leg, in the Champions League upcoming against Bordeaux (2nd round by the way). We are level, 2-2, on aggregate but with me looking strong with the 2 away goals. We kick-off, I go 2 up within 30 minutes, but they grab a pretty vital goal just before half time. I then score again, 3-1 up on the night and cruising. Then, Vidic is stupid enough to get a second yellow and be sent off. This is worse than it sounds; usually I would just bring on another defender for a striker and play him where Vidic was playing, but due to an injury to Otamendi earlier in the game I had to bring Ferdinand on already, leaving me with no more central defenders on the bench due to an injury to Evans that rendered him unplayable in the first place. Note that all my other players can't play centre back well at all, all with a little red circle at that position. So ageing Ferdinand is going to have to cope alone in the center of my defensive with only two wingbacks for support against some pretty capable Bordeaux players (Chamakh, Gourcuff) for 15 minutes. To add insult to injury, I have already signed Gourcuff, he is joining me in the summer. I set ultra defensive settings and go into a total lockdown. Bordeaux scored once, and then again with 5 minutes to play. Sort of expected but **** annoying nonetheless. Now I go on the assault with attacking tactics. 3 minutes left on the clock, a brilliant Evra run and a great cross to boot gives a free header to Lukaku who knocks it home for 4-3 Man Utd on the night, 6-5 aggregate. Lockdown goes on again. Then they score. You don't want to know what I think of away goals...

I did make some bad decisions along the way (turn off aggressive tackling, instruct to stay on their feet when I was 3-1 up), but even so, this result made me so annoyed. Rant over, thanks for listening :)

Losing your best striker, because you have too many players in on loan :'(

Omfg.... I nearly got screwed over by astronomical proportions.

At the start of the game I was 7 points behind Milan with 12 games to play. If I dropped points here the league is Milan's. So I start off brilliantly, quickly go 2-0 up and it stays that way till half time. Just after half time Renan gets injured so I sub him off. Sub off Jovetic on 62 min because he's tired then take a gamble and sub off Verratti with 15 min to go. So what happens next? Frey gets his first injury in 2 seasons and I have to play Alberto ******* Gilardino in goal. So Milan score of course and it's 2-1 with 5 min of added time. I somehow managed to hold and now Frey is out for 6-8 weeks at a crucial point of the season.

This is just BULLSHIT.

when you get a good player recommended by scouts and you pay a chunk of your budget for him and he is ****

lol

absolutley concur lol :)

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

yeah the repetition of same old transfers is bummer on new games

chairmans who dont give you 100% transfer funds of cash you earned trading after your hard wheeling dealing on transfer market

the euro cups n champion lgs minimum of home grown and team trained players in squad and u have to leave out superior expensive players -messes team balance, form and repickin team too much

in lower leagues the **** training grounds means way too many injuries !!

i recall 1 season in league 2 where i got an injury in almost every match! lol

renamed my team Crockety Rovers lol ;)

we must been training in the carpark like mccarthy did in saipan with ireland lol

see I Keano ;) lol

Stuff like this gets mentioned all the time, but it's really **** annoying.

OK, so I'm FK Zeljeznicar Sarajevo in the Bosnian League. When I take over, we go on a run, only losing once in the league, jumping from 5th position to the top. The league is that close that it goes down to the last day. Now I'm up against Zvijezda, a team that I had beaten previously 2-0. We have a great team for the league, although;

My first team goalkeeper, Arthur Nigmatullin, was out because of a Broken ankle gained on international duty
and my second team goalkeeper was suspended.

No worries eh? Given that my team had already won the cup and we were aiming for a double. A win would've put us at the top in front of our biggest rivals, FK Sarajevo. But no, for a team that was so in form, against a team [Zvijezda] that lost 5-0 to FK Sarajevo, how we lost is a complete mistery. We had no mistakes, we created chance after chance and yet they score. Our goalkeeper was pulling off save after save to be beaten.

We lost 1-0 and I slaughtered the team after it. Can't believe how close it was and how frustrating it was. To build a team of great young players, only to lose the league by one point.

can any one tell me how to find out what non-football costs are on finance screen as i am liverpool and last season i lost £37 million to it any one help

I am not really sure but I think it is related to your Chairman's hidden attributes apart from other things. His 'Business' attribute affects it strongly. So there is not much you can do about it, if anything at all.

In that case, you are losing much less than you would with a **** manager. As the name itself suggests - non-footballing costs - it has nothing to do with you, the football manager ;)

Edit: I meant "**** chairman".

Last edited:
grrrrrrrrr, Villa - who has scored 32 in 25 this season and won world footballer of the year - just got injured playing for Spain and is out for 3 months. And my backups are Bojan and Belfodil cos I didn't want another high profile striker sitting on the bench the whole time. Might just have to be clever and play no strikers for a bit and let Messi et al do the work

I'm York City, season 2020-21. 4th in Prem, I had told the board I was going to get Euro spot to get the bigger wage/transfer budget. They gave me plenty so I was able to completely rebuild the team with some pretty good players. I've got an Genie CA average of 157 for the team which isn't bad at all. But here comes Carlin Cup whose win will give me Europa League, I'm in the final with Chelsa after having disposed of Liverpool in QF and Arsenal in SF. Due to having been burned a great deal of times with parse errors i do a save before each game then copy the saved game to a separate hard drive. So Chelsea, that I've beaten once before 2-0 comes in and whoops me badly, 5-1. In an effort to try and improve on the tactics, mostly to see what exactly went wrong, I reloaded the game from my save before and replayed it, slightly different formation, different roles. 3 - 0 Chelsea. Replayed it again, 3 - 1. Let my *** Man handle it while I went on vacation. 2 - 0 Chelsea. and on and on... I must have played that game something like 6-7 times myself and 5 or so on vacation with *** taking over. Chelsea beats me every single time. I don't know what gives... Now I'm sure I'll get an Euro spot, there are 10 games to play in Prem and at least I'll get Europa even if I do real real bad. But seems that my team lacks the motivation to come up big in big matches. The best players I have come from either dutch or portugese leagues. Good English players cost a pretty penny I just couldnt afford so I got whoever I could. So yea, that's my frustration... Oh well.

And another really sucky thing this season is that lots of games I've been leading 1 - 0 and in the very last minutes the opposition sneaks one in.

Karma for cheating!