Tottenham getting taken over by a tycoon pretty much frustrates me. Oh well they still won't beat my beast of an Arsenal side.

Tottenham getting taken over by a tycoon pretty much frustrates me. Oh well they still won't beat my beast of an Arsenal side.

That's still all right because maybe your players won't want to join a rival. When you're a semi-big club with some star players, and then some team in Europe gets taken over by a tycoon and they start making bids for your players...then you have a real problem on your hands :p

That's still all right because maybe your players won't want to join a rival. When you're a semi-big club with some star players, and then some team in Europe gets taken over by a tycoon and they start making bids for your players...then you have a real problem on your hands :p

Semi big club with some star players...... sounds just like Arsenal :D

Semi big club with some star players...... sounds just like Arsenal :D

Haha, it took all of my mental strength to resist making that dig at Arsenal :D But I was talking about your Valencias, Atleticos, Portos, Napolis etc.

Finished 4th with West Brom and City finished 7th yet get the CL place because the won it ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A**eholes!

Does anyone else find that they miss an unusually large amount of penalties?

Also with shootouts, despite having good stats for my penalty takers, I seem to lose more than I win.

Also with shootouts, despite having good stats for my penalty takers, I seem to lose more than I win.

I've only been awarded four in three years at Norwich and I've scored two, missed one and scored the rebound and had one saved. I dread going to a penalty shootout as I always lose. I think I've won something like three out of the last 20 shoot outs I've been involved in across three saved games.

Main rant. I'm currently in my third season in charge of Norwich. So far I have played Arsenal six times in the league, once in the FA Cup and once in the League Cup. In all eight matches the following has happened:

-Arsenal score within the first five minutes.
-Arsenal are 3-0 up by the 20 minute mark.
-Arsenal are 4-0 up at half time.
-If by some miracle I score, they score within two minutes.
-I finish the game with 10 men, not because of a red card, but because within five minutes of making by last substitution I have a player go off injured. In the last match against them I only used two subs to try and stop this. Holt was injured in the 89th minute and his replacement was injured in the 91st minute so I still finished with 10 men!

The eight results have been four 4-0's, a 5-0, two 5-1's and a 6-2. This only happens with Arsenal and it doesn't matter what formation, tactics or players I use the outcome is always the same.

Last edited:
Oh and now just to rub it in, James McFadden is being an a-hole.

-He asked a for a termination of his contract in October, I refused because he was the only left sided midfielder I had fit at the time.
-Come December I can let him go so I offer him a mutual termination and 600k in compensation and he refuses and complains he's being forced out of the club. I can't release him on a free because the board don't want to pay the compensation which was 1.1 million.
-I spend the whole of January trying to offload him but no-one wants him, he claims he's being victimised and expects to leave soon but still won't accept the mutual termination.
-The day after the transfer window closes, he is willing to terminate his contract for 400k! That's 200k less than I was offering!

Tenth game of the season and I'm playing Stoke. I'm sitting nicely in mid table, Stoke are bottom, haven't won a game, only scored four and let in 15. In the pre-match milestones bit it says that Crouch hasn't scored in over 700 minutes of football and Delfouneso hasn't scored in 500 minutes of football. I haven't conceded in 400 minutes and have only let in nine in ten games.

You can probably guess what's coming next.

Crouch took just 69 seconds to score and Delfouneso scored four. Yup, that's right, both players who were suffering massive goal droughts scored and they scored more in one game than they had in the previous ten, while I let in half as many in one game as I had done all season.

LOL this would make me smash my head against the wall :D

omg...i just played in the Club World Cup against Monterrey...i led 2-1, time said 3mins extra time...what happens? referee lets the match continue til the 96th and they equalise...lost on penalties afterwards...dumb fck!!!!!!

Last edited:
Spent roughly 5 million USD to upgrade my top training facilities...

over a year later, the red tape was cut...result?

Top training facilities....

what a waste of money...

10 games within 28 days... that's 2.8 days between each game.

My team has been run ragged and I'm in danger of losing league title and Euro Cup final...FUUUUUU

I find this has been a common problem with fm for a long time.

Euro Cup final

up 3-2

I park the bus

90th minute, they walk the ball into the net...literally. 95th minute....game crash

seriously, wtf. I know when I restart this match, I'm going to get smashed.

Just gotten Brechin City (lived there til I was 6) into the SPL.

Instead of turning Professional or expanding the 3000 capacity stadium, the board has decided to install undersoil heating!

So am now going into the Prem semi-pro, 1.6m in debt and having to groundshare at the 1500 capacity (all terraced) 'Brechin Public Park' until December!

This hopefully may change before the season starts, it's only May and the relegation playoffs are still on.