Lol, I just wanted a bit of a challenge for the last game, and Blackpool certainly are one!

Get Harewood and Faye and stick Harewood as a lone poacher and Faye as defending as possible. :p

Best of luck in your net game. ;)

-------------------

Last match of the night is a very pleasing 0-0 draw against Blackburn. Today was a big step up for us as it is the first time we have dominated the game.

There were no goals and few chances but even without Faye, we were solid.

GK: Kingson: Kingson was very solid and has now taken over from Rachubka in the net for the time being. His ability to claim the ball from a cross was his main attribute today.

RB/LB: Eardley/Crainey: These two haven't been mentioned yet. They are very defensive in my game and rarely go past the halfway line. They are both solid yet unimaginative. They hold the back four together well and are always decent.

CB's: Cathcart/DeMerit: We have an excellent pair of centre backs, both who are dominant in the air, if not a little shaky on the ground at times. DeMerit has experience at this level and is a good partner to the occasionally inconsistent Cathcart. A big factor in today's clean sheet.

DM: Basham: I like Basham as a player and he holds the ball up well and allows the play to develop. He can string a few passes together to get an attack going or clear the ball with a dominant header. One of the teams better players in my opinion.

RM/LM: Taylor-Fletcher/Namouchi: These two are not allowed to do much running and are very defensive. They are still an important part of the team and both are excellent passers of the ball. TF is a fan favourite and is the best passer currently in the team. Both are good crossers as well.

CM's: Faye/Adam: Faye is my favourite Blackpool player and his no nonsense attitude and ability to tackle makes him a fearsome player to come up against. He can even score a goal or two as proved against Fulham. Adam is a good Championship player and OK in the big time. He is a good passer of the ball and is a creative force for us. He isn't as good as Faye but still worthy of a first team place.

ST: Harewood is really up against it! A striker, not proven at League One level, let alone the Premier League, with just the occasional run from Charlie Adam to help him. This man is an inspiration for us. He can hold the ball off from 2 or 3 defenders and has no fear of going past the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand. With 2 goals in the Carling Cup and 3 in the league, it could be a 10+ season for Marlon if he keeps his current work rate up.

Notable mentions to Southern, Euell, Rachubka, Clarke, Ormerod, Alonso and John-Baptiste, all who have stood in when the time is needed and performed above average for us. Southern and Rachubka have to be the pick of the Subs.​

And we're back...

Loaded up the Blackpool game at 18.00, eagerly I must admit. It has been a hard night and I was only to pleased to take some pressure off myself...

-------------

We were up against Sunderland, who are also in a predicament this season, at home but I figured we'd be lucky to come away with anything less than a 2-0 loss. I was wrong.

DeMerit scored a cracking header from a corner on 17 minutes and we dominated for a while. Benjani scored a stunning strike in the second half and Bent cracked one off the bar soon after to give Sunderland a 2-1 lead, sending us momentarily into the relegation zone.

Once again, Marlon Harewood, supported by Ormerod and Hines in a desperate attempt to score, followed up on a Taylor-Fletcher shot and poked the ball home, on 88 minutes. I personally went wild, I can tell you now!

View attachment 104951

We were the better team by far but only thanks to the good finishing of Sunderland and our sub-standard finishing, that we didn't come away with the three points we deserved. We also entered the record books, six games unbeaten with 2 Premier League wins, 3 Draws and a Carling Cup win. Up next, Man Utd in the Carling Cup. Wish me luck!

View attachment 104950

Just started a game as Blackpool aswell, I'll post updates later, but I have won 2, and I am 18th atm. XD

Instalments? ;)

Love the formation though. :p

Wanted a challenge so decided to start off in BSN/BSS so hit pick a league and club for me until I reached a BSN/BSS and got AFC Telford.
Only in November but sitting pretty at the top of the table and currently on a unbeaten run. Here are screenies of my transfers and table.

Never played below League One before but I thought I'd at least give LLM a go. So, I started unemployed with a 'Sunday League Footballer' reputation and applied for the Worcester City job. Amazingly, they offered me one and I grabbed at the chance.

Note: I have not got a clue what I am doing!

Firstly I got rid of all the staff but it was a struggle to get any others. However, I have nearly replaced everyone and got a good Assistant Manager in Tom Ford. There is another coach coming in soon.

View attachment 106894
Worcester City's new backroom team. Coach Mark Kirk will come any day now.

However, I think staff are boring so I couldn't wait to see what players were out there. I was thoroughly disappointed! In the end, I was delighted to snap up Brian Little and Jason Norville, both scored on their debuts. Carl Furlong was also a fine acquisition and after impressing in Pre-Season, got injured for 2 months. Roome and Timmins came in on loan, 3 months and 12 months respectively, Timmins courtesy of affiliate club Birmingham City.

View attachment 106895
I was pleased with some of the players but I haven't got a clue who any of them are!

Tactics wise, I figured simple was best. It is a very rigid formation. Everyone has a job and nothing else. It is a 4-4-2 formation which isn't dead at this level. It fits my team quite nicely with star players Little, Brown, Davies and Norville all centre points of the team. There is a good backbone at Worcester now and everyone apart from Norville is British which should help gelling.

View attachment 106896
I haven't got a clue what I am doing but I figured that with simple tactics, you can't go too wrong!

The team is strong and filled with depth. I am looking for a backup right back but that is my only problem. They are a good team but still only predicted to come 20th in the league I'm afraid.

View attachment 106897
They are all bad players. I'd much rather be playing with the likes of Tevez, Bale and Fabregas but Norville, Little and Davies will have to do!​

That is basically it. I have played one game so far, which went very well, but that my friends, will have to wait until next time! ;)

Very easy start to the season. Played Bromley. Scored all 4 in the First Half. I have a feeling it won't continue like this but hopefully we'll get a few more solid wins!

View attachment 106908 View attachment 106909

So, nice and easy start to ease me in to the lonely world of LLM!

Last edited:
I will be making this thread for next year too so I hope it helps. :p

I really don't know to upload screenshots, can somebody help me??

Go to the screen you want, press ALT+F9. Then click on the paperclip in the message box. Choose the attachment from the screenshots folder. It will upload, then select it from the paperclip and put it into your message.

Go to the screen you want, press ALT+F9. Then click on the paperclip in the message box. Choose the attachment from the screenshots folder. It will upload, then select it from the paperclip and put it into your message.

I clicked on the paperclip but it just opens another window