7-0 Against Ac Milan at home , after i lost the 1st game 2-1 with them ( UCL groups ) And finaly , i found a working tactic for PSG ... this is my 3rd try , after geting fired 2 times :)
View attachment 279919

Came from 3-0, then 4-1 down in order to win 5-4 with St Johnstone in the derby with Dundee Utd. **** of a match, Craig Beattie with a hattrick. Also got into the europa league groups, won our three ties vs Crusaders, Maritimo, and some Slovak team.

Had an excellent first season with Celtic, won the treble of SPL, League Cup and Scottish Cup while reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League! Beating Benfica, Galatasaray, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Malaga before losing to Man City, biggest win was a 6-0 V Dundee but I remember beating Madrid 4-2 and Bayern 4-1 at home the best!

Just finished first season with Stoke, came 8th, missing out on EC place on goals scored! Overall though am delighted with this result.
View attachment 280753

Last edited:
Just finished my second season as Manchester United. First season won the Premiership, second season, won the league on the last day of the season with Chelsea fighting for it, took on Arsenal and won in the FA Cup final, and then the big test against Barcelona in the Champions League - 1-0 up throughout until Messi (typically) made it 1-1 in the 93rd minutes... Vidic scored in ET to take that crown as well.

Man Utd of old with a few signings of youngster Inigo Martinez, Gareth Bale (first season signing taking most of the budget), and Neymar who was an unhappy chappy in Brazil and Santos sold him for £25mil on the cheap before his contract ended and Fernando Llorente whose contract did at Athletic end and has been useful.

Following that success I'm raking it in with sponsorship of £127mil and a nice £80mil transfer budget for the third year!

Won the play offs with birmingham, finished 17th in premier league and just beat fulham 8-0 away in my third season!! success!

Just finished 4th place with QPR in my first season of the new game. I was 2nd-3rd for 35 rounds, but a horrible run at the end of the season left me struggling for points.

Just started the second season beating PSV on the away goal rule (1-1 in Holland, Bosingwa scoring in injury time |) ) to reach the Champions League group stage so very happy making it this far after just one season. I dont follow QPR in real life, but I wanted to play with a relegation candidate and was immediately impressed by the squad. Players like Granero, Djibril Cisse (top scorer in Premier League, netting around 30 goals, and he won the Golden Boot as well), Stephane Mbia, Bosingwa, Ji-Sung Park, Alejandro Faurlin and Julio Cesar are all good enough to play in the Champions League. Needless to say, even though the media predicts a 15th place for QPR and the board just wants you to survive in the EPL, relegation is not an issue with players like this.

I have signed Taye Taiwo, Karim Ait Fana (only player signed in the first season, had to sell Taarabt in January, as the finances are ****), Ciaran Clark, Vladimir Weiss as well as season loan deals for Alexander Buttner and Andy Carroll (scored in the first game, got sent off after 5 minutes in the next.. wtf..)

View attachment 281122

Yes I did it :D Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:

View attachment 281123

Yes I did it :D Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:

View attachment 281123

Wow, and I thought my 4th place was good! Getting Callejon on loan was a great signing, mate.

Yes Callejon was a great signing! Think I'm onto a winner with the tactics, done a lot of trial and error with QPR on the demo and the full game, testing half seasons. Had some that have done reasonably well (8th/9th at mid point) and some that have failed (hovering just above relegation zone) but this seems to have have hit it :)

Mbia has been quality, Cisse scoring goals, Granero with most assists in the league, and players like Taraabt, Callejon and Hoilett all performing well and notching a decent amount of goals.

Madness I missed this one out, got in Hargreaves on a free, and he's been running the show in midfield. Scored a fair few, though all free kicks and penalties.

I will be putting this game on hold for the minute as I try out my tactics with other teams to see how they do but I will be coming back to it thats for sure.

Yes Callejon was a great signing! Think I'm onto a winner with the tactics, done a lot of trial and error with QPR on the demo and the full game, testing half seasons. Had some that have done reasonably well (8th/9th at mid point) and some that have failed (hovering just above relegation zone) but this seems to have have hit it :)

Mbia has been quality, Cisse scoring goals, Granero with most assists in the league, and players like Taraabt, Callejon and Hoilett all performing well and notching a decent amount of goals.

Madness I missed this one out, got in Hargreaves on a free, and he's been running the show in midfield. Scored a fair few, though all free kicks and penalties.

I will be putting this game on hold for the minute as I try out my tactics with other teams to see how they do but I will be coming back to it thats for sure.
So whats your tactic then? care to post a link? what formation? first season premiership win is outstanding! i just about won it with Man u! and lets be honest with their squad its kinda hard not to win it :p

Mugatu, it can be found here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g/107243-tactics-enjoying-good-start-qpr.html

Will be putting something up properly onto the dowloads section after hopefully getting permission. Going to to some quick testing with other teams - a couple of higher ability teams, a lower ability team (relegation side with poor squad) and lower league for 10-15 games and see whether it just suit the team or is good all round.

How good is Granero! Wow! I see your tactics really suits your side and its easy to see how Heargraves can run that midfield! And he didnt struggle with injuries?

I see a lot of people are finding this game hard, I dont really agree. Even though your premiership win is a lot better than my 4th place with QPR, I think its obvious that if you want to achieve results beyond expectations in FM13 you gotta shape your tactics so that it fits the players at your disposal, and that its even more important than in FM12, wouldnt you agree?

I sold Taarabt because I was playing a flat 4-4-2 even though he was regarded a key player. Also sold Barton because I feared he would kill me at the training ground. Using the same tactics that was a success with one team at FM12 is not going to give results at FM13..

seanhrfc said:
Yes I did it
grin.gif
Won the league first season with QPR by 8 points! Got a really successful tactic. Didn't make any signings other than a few loans to add depth to the first team - Ayila Yussef and Jose Callejon, Marco Verratti in January. As well as John Mensah on a free. Here's a screen shot:

Very impressive. Well done!

blaugrani said:
What tactic are you using.Nothing seems to work for me I'm 3 matches into the league and lost all of them 1-0,5-0,3-0

I was using 4-2-3-1 control, narrow & slow tempo in most games and counter-attacking 4-5-1 with deep d-line in the toughest fixtures. It was going very well, was top of the league in January, but then all of my wingers have gotten injured and everything went to ****. Now im into 2nd season, going to try 4-2-3-1 with amc's instead of wingers/inside forwards.

How good is Granero! Wow! I see your tactics really suits your side and its easy to see how Heargraves can run that midfield! And he didnt struggle with injuries?

I see a lot of people are finding this game hard, I dont really agree. Even though your premiership win is a lot better than my 4th place with QPR, I think its obvious that if you want to achieve results beyond expectations in FM13 you gotta shape your tactics so that it fits the players at your disposal, and that its even more important than in FM12, wouldnt you agree?

I sold Taarabt because I was playing a flat 4-4-2 even though he was regarded a key player. Also sold Barton because I feared he would kill me at the training ground. Using the same tactics that was a success with one team at FM12 is not going to give results at FM13..

Granero is pretty good!!! I found it very hard to start with, but with persistence and knowledge I've managed to create something that has worked for me. I like it, the tactics are much more realistic....if it won't work in real life it won't work on the game! There's a few minor bugs, but I watch everything in 2D Classic so I barely notice them :p. I trained Taraabt to AML and he was successful there, otherwise I may have sold him myself.

Cheers Melq, I'm testing it with Man Utd and will also test it with a couple of other teams as well, maybe a real relegation team (i.e. Norwich / Reading) and a Lower League team.