Just beat Real Madrid as Swansea with this team using Fantastic 3-6-1 formation (1-1 at the end of extra time and I eventually won on Penalties when R. Madrid failed to score their fourth penalty - never thought I vorm was that good at saving penalties)

This was on my second season and I had spent the majority of my transfer budget on Mats Hummels who was injured so didn't play.

GK: Vorm
S: Bartley
CD: Chico & Williams
WB: Navarro & Rangel
CM: Britton & De Guzman (De Guzman wasn't my ideal choice for the Fantastic 3-6-1 tactic because he lacked in some vital stats but he did surprisingly well)
AML/R: Dyer & Pablo Hernandez
ST: Michu

I should have tried landing a new striker and got Michu more confident in the CM role, I was thinking of trying to buy Daniel Sturridge but that's for next season!

Michu '99 assisted by Williams from a corner
Ozil 104' assisted by C. Ronaldo

Second season and was surprised R. Madrid had snapped up Ozil but mehh. (Screenies when I get FM13 loaded up tomorrow, nearly 5am :D)

Last edited:
After my 7th season in charge of Manchester City, I entered the England hall of fame. I've been using a 4-2-3-1 narrow tactical setup. Either Joe Hart or Thibaut Cortouis in goal. LB: Domenico Criscito or Kostas Ilias (CG Australian Stud Left Back) CB: Vincent Kompany and Kurt Zouma RB: Micah Richards or Nathaniel Clyne. Ball Winning Midfielder: Michael Bradley or Lorenzo Cristeg BBM: Will Hughes or Paul Pogba For my three CAMS, I choose from Oscar, Stephan El Shaarawy, Jack Wilshere, Shinji Kagawa and Will Hughes and Either Chicharito or Renato Herrera (CG Mexican International with a 20 for pace) as my poacher.

i am starting my first ever thread, and this is on managing boro career mode fm 2013

just before we get on to pre-season scores, i am gonna post all transfers that have happened on here.

transfer listed are:
leutwiler
ripley
parnaby
bailey
arca
dyer
haroun
wyke

loan listed are:
halliday (loan to burton)
reach (loan to AFC wimbledon)
main (loan to bury)

outs:
mcmanus (?2.5m to blackburn)
zemmama (?6m to blackburn)

ins:
gk-sebastien usai (loan from blackburn)
james hurst (loan from west brom)
tom eastman (?450K from colchester)
kevin thomson (back on a free)
cristiano zanetti (free agent)
alex macdonald (loan from burnley)
benik afobe (loan from arsenal)
clayton donaldson (?800K from brentford)

pre-season results:
boro 0 - arsenal 5
boro 2 - valencia 3

as you can see, the pre-season didnt go as planned, as two five-goal thrillers went the way of the visitors. On the first match, all goals came in the first half, as arsenal ran riot as Giroud helped himself to a hat-trick with both vermaelen and arteta getting on the scoresheet. however, my next game was much more exciting to watch, as Boro went 2-0 up, courtesy of reserve player Faris haroun (might take him off the transfer list, but not yet), and on-loan striker Benik Afobe, by half-time. Well, let's just say that the second half was DISASTROUS!!!. 2-0 up until the 75th minute, and then Soldado comes on and helps himself to a hat-trick, with just 3 mins seperating one goal each. My next match is the first championship one, and i am at home to Bristol City. Give me your guesses on the score-line, anybody?​

on RENATO HERRERA

After my 7th season in charge of Manchester City, I entered the England hall of fame. I've been using a 4-2-3-1 narrow tactical setup. Either Joe Hart or Thibaut Cortouis in goal. LB: Domenico Criscito or Kostas Ilias (CG Australian Stud Left Back) CB: Vincent Kompany and Kurt Zouma RB: Micah Richards or Nathaniel Clyne. Ball Winning Midfielder: Michael Bradley or Lorenzo Cristeg BBM: Will Hughes or Paul Pogba For my three CAMS, I choose from Oscar, Stephan El Shaarawy, Jack Wilshere, Shinji Kagawa and Will Hughes and Either Chicharito or Renato Herrera (CG Mexican International with a 20 for pace) as my poacher.

IS RENATO HERRERA able to be snapped up on loan? cheers

my next match is here, and this is my line up:
4-4-2 attacking:
steele
hoyte williams woodgate friend
zanetti thomson
ledesma carayol
donaldson emnes
subs are:
scott mcdonald
jayson leutwiler
seb hines
tom eastman
nicky bailey
bikey
the juke

the final result ends up in a 2-0 loss to Bristol City, their scorers being Sam Baldock and Paul Anderson
Our home form at the moment is absolutely *****!!!

Last edited:
Next up is the 1st round of the capital one cup, and Boro are against Chesterfield, who are unbeaten in three (two wins and a draw), and this is Boro's first away game of the season aswell. just before this game, Bor have snapped up CM nebojsa djukic, will he play?...

line up for cup game is:
GK-steele
RB-parnaby
CB-woodgate
CB-eastman
LB-gibson
CDM-zanetti
RM-ledesma
LM-carayol
CAM-dyer
ST-donaldson
ST-jutkiewicz

the subs are:
nicky bailey
jayson leutwiler
charlie wyke
kevin thomson
george friend
benik afobe
james hurst

the final score is a 3-2 win to middlesbrough. The first goal came in the 18th minute by CD Tom Eastman, therefore giveing Boro the lead at half-time. Straight after thr interval, another new signing, this time it is Clayton donaldson, gets himself on the scoresheet, and ten minutes later, his strike-partner gets on the scoresheet too, that person being lukas jutkiewicz. However, Chesterfield never gave up, and were back in the game within 5 minutes of THE JUKE scoring, as Marc Richards got a brace for Chesterfield, and very nearly got his hat-trick, with his 12-yard header bouncing off the crossbar and out of play, in the dying embers of the game.

BORO WILL PLAY STEVENAGE AWAY FROM HOME IN THE 2ND ROUND OF THE CUP, but for now, Boro have an important game coming up, and it's against Bolton Wanderers away. the line up is a 3-4-3 formation:

gk-steele
rcb-williams
cb-woodgate
lcb-gibson
cdm-thomson
rm-haroun
lm-bailey
cam-ledesma
st-donaldson
st-juke

the subs are:
leadbitter
leutwiler
zanetti
hines
afobe
emnes
eastman

The final result ends up in a thrilling 3-3 draw. Bolton go 2-0 up within the first 10 minutes of the game, before Boro pull back level, courtesy of on-loan striker Benik Afobe getting a brace (came on for Donaldson as he has a minor injury), by half-time. After the restart, however, Bolton go back infront, this time with Zat Knight getting the goal in the 55th minute. Around about 10 minutes later though, the Juke gets on the scoresheet to level things up, and that is how the game ended.

Next match is against Watford at Home, Can we sort this dodgy run of our Home form out?

STEELE SIGNS NEW 5 YEAR CONTRACT WORTH ?7MILLION

Last edited:
line up for the watford game is:
gk-steele
rcb-eastman
cb-woodgate
lcb-hines
rm-haroun
rcm-williams
cm-zanetti
lcm-thomson
lm-ledesma
st-emnes
st-donaldson

the subs are:
bailey
leutwiler
afobe
bikey
gibson
jutkiewicz
mcdonald

the full-time result is a 1-0 loss to Watford, with the only goal coming from the visitors late in the second half, around about the 70th minute mark, courtesy of Alex Geijo. Not really an intriguing match.

now here is the 2nd round of the cup game
STEVENAGE VS MIDDLESBROUGH
this should be an interesting game as Stevenage have been in RUTHLESS form lately, considering they won Newcastle in a friendly 3-1, spurs finished 2-2 and their last friendly was a 4-2 win over crystal palace.

The Boro line-up for this match is:
GK-STEELE
RCB-EASTMAN
CB-WOODGATE
LCB-HINES
RDM-ZANETTI
LDM-BAILEY
RM-WILLIAMS
CM-THOMSON
LM-FRIEND
RS-DONALDSON
LS-EMNES

THE SUBS ARE
SCOTT MCDONALD
JAYSON LEUTWILER
GRANT LEADBITTER
LUKAS JUTKIEWICZ
KIERON DYER
EMMANUEL LEDESMA
BENIK AFOBE

THE MATCH BEGINS.....

2ND MINUTE, BRADFORD CORNER, AKINS DELIVERS IT, JAMES DUNNE HEADS WIDE
18TH MINUTE, BORO CHANCE GONE BEGGING, KEVIN THOMSON LOBS IT TO DONALDSON, BUT THE STRIKER PUTS IT WIDE
27TH MINUTE, ANOTHER CHANCE BITES THE DUST, SAME PERSON WITH THE SHOT BUT THIS TIME WAS LAYED OFF BY EMNES
39TH MINUTE, STEVENAGE 1-0 BORO, AKINS GOAL
42ND MINUTE, BORO BOOKING, YELLOW CARD FOR CRISTIANO ZANETTI (PULLING SHIRT)
44TH MINUTE, BORO CHANCE, EMNES TO DONALDSON, BUT DONALDSON HITS STRAIGHT AT THE KEEPER
HALF TIME SCORE: STEVENAGE 1-0 BORO
BORO SUBS:
OFF: DONALDSON/FRIEND/THOMSON/
ON: AFOBE/LEDESMA/LEADBITTER

2ND HALF IS UNDERWAY...
BORO GOAL!!! 46TH MINUTE FROM NICKY BAILEY!!! A RIGHT-FOOTED SHOT FROM 18 YARDS OUT INTO THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE NET!!!
STEVENAGE SUBS:
OFF: ANTHONY GRANT/PATRICK AGYEMANG
ON: MATTHEW BALL/DANI LOPEZ
51ST MINUTE, STEVENAGE CHANCE, AKINS SHOT FROM 25 YARDS, COMFORTBALE SAVE FOR STEELE
57TH MINUTE, BORO GOAL!!! SUBSTITUTE BENIK AFOBE!!!, 1-ON-1 WITH THEIR KEEPER, COOLY SLOTS IT IN THE BACK OF THE NET!!!
STEVENAGE SUB:
OFF: JAMES DUNNE
ON:FILIPE MORAIS
63RD MINUTE, STEVENAGE BOOKING, YELLOW CARD FOR DARIUS CHARLES (KICKING THE BALL AWAY)
63RD MINUTE, EMNES FREE-KICK HITS THE SIDE-NETTING!!! OOOHHH!!! THE CHANCE GOES BEGGING!!!
72ND MINUTE, INJURY BLOW FOR BORO!!! TOM EASTMAN IS INJURED, SO NICKY BAILEY HAS PUSHED INTO CENTRAL DEFENCE
FULL TIME!!! STEVENAGE 1-2 BORO!!! BORO ARE THROUGH TO THE THIRD ROUND OF THE CUP. HOWEVER, THE ONE LOW POINT IS THE INJURY TO TOM EASTMAN, LETS HOPE IT ISN'T BAD!!!

SLIGHT RELIEF OVER TOM EASTMAN INJURY, HE IS ONLY OUT OF 2 WEEKS MAXIMUM, SO WILL ONLY MISS THE SHEFF WED GAME, AND HOPEFULL BE BACK IN TIME FOR THE BARNSLEY GAME 2 WEEKS FROM NOW!!!

CRISTIANO ZANETTI IS OUT FOR A WEEK AFTER SUFFERING A BRUISED RIB IN TRAINING ON THURSDAY!!!

THE REWARD FOR THE WIN OVER STEVENAGE IS A HOME GAME AGAINST CARDIFF ON THE 19TH SEPTEMBER 2012!!! BRING IT ON!!!

THE TEAM LINE-UP FOR THE SHEFF-WED GAME IS:
GK-STEELE
RCB-WILLIAMS
CB-WOODGATE
LCB-HINES
RM-EMNES
RCM-HAROUN
LCM-THOMSON
LM-LEDESMA
CAM-DYER
RS-DONALDSON
LS-JUTKIEWICZ

THE SUBS ARE:
ALEX MACDONALD
JAYSON LEUTWILER
BENIK AFOBE
BIKEY
CHARLIE WYKE
MCDONALD
BAILEY

THE FINAL RESULT IS A 5-2 DEFEAT AT THE HANDS OF SHEFF WED!!!
SHEFF WED TAKE THE LEAD THROUGH REDA JOHNSON IN THE 17TH MINUTE BEFORE HAROUN EQUALISES 10 MINUTES LATER TO MAKE IT 1-1, THEN BENIK AFOBE COMES ON (AGAIN FOR DONALDSON) AND SCORES IN THE 30TH MINUTE TO PUT BORO IN THE LEAD. HOWEVER, THAT LEAD LASTS JUST 6 MINUTES AS MICHAIL ANTONIO EQUALISES FOR SHEFF WED, AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, DAVID PRUTTON PUTS SHEFF WED BACK IN FRONT ON THE STROKE OF HALF TIME. AFTER HALF-TIME, SHEFF WED ADD TWO MORE GOALS THROUGH BOTH MATT TOOTLE AND GARY MADINE RESPECTIVELY.
FULL TIME SCORE WAS SHEFF WED 5-2 BORO

THE JUKE IS OUT FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER SUFFERING A FACIAL INJURY IN TRAINING ON THURSDAY, HOWEVER, ZANETTI IS NOW BACK IN TRAINING WITH THE SQUAD AFTER A WEEK OUT!!!
TOM EASTMAN IS BACK IN TRAINING FOLLOWING HIS FOOT INJURY!!!

right thats all for now people, i will update yous as often as i can, cheers for reading this

Just finished my third season with Villa. First season finished 6th and lost in Capital One Cup final, second season finished 8th, won Capital One Cup and made quarters of Europa League, third season finished 2nd, won FA Cup, lost in semi's of Capital One Cup and lost final of Europa League to Bayern. Now looking forward to a season of Champs League footy!