I don't uderstand you guys. I mean i do not say Nastasic CA should be 190. It should probably be around 145. But PA should be 190. Why? Cause it's potential ability. It means he might achieve it throughout the game, but it does not mean he certainly will. And with his age, his games, its fair he has 190. Or they should put it -10 simple enough. Anyway, what about other guys i mentioned earlier? I think i have given them fair grades.

Because a PA of 190 would make him probably the best centre back EVER, and he just hasn't done enough yet to justify that. I could say the same for Phil Jones in that case, his age, his games, he could reach about 185. But in the game, his PA is 174. Until a player has shown big potential for a number of years, he won't get a high PA. If Nastasic shows his ability for a couple of years, then he'll get a high PA. For now, he is undeserving of anything over 170. Besides, if it bothers you that much, take a trip to the editor and make him 190 yourself.

Sorry guys, another two names to add. This time from the Croatian league - Alen Halilovic (Dinamo) and Petar Basic (Hajduk). Easily the two biggest u18 talents in the league.
Well, how come it's fair these two guys to be a wonderkids, they are not even playing first team role in their clubs? I say -9 a maximum for these kids, for now. CA around 100-110 for both of them. They could become wonderkids in two season time.

Last edited:
I apologize then, if PA of 190 would make him best centre back ever. Nicolas Otamendi had a PA of 200 in FM 2010, that is what i saw in FM Genie Scout after two seasons. His CA was 191. Just tell me how come he deserved PA of 200? It must have been a bug then.

I apologize then, if PA of 190 would make him best centre back ever. Nicolas Otamendi had a PA of 200 in FM 2010, that is what i saw in FM Genie Scout after two seasons. His CA was 191. Just tell me how come he deserved PA of 200? It must have been a bug then.

Bug. Aaron Ramsey was only player with -10 potential in FM10 and 11.

EDIT: Checked out and yeah Otamendi was -10 player on FM10 along with Balotelli,Ramsey and couple others.

Last edited:
He was -10 potential, old FMs had so many -10 players it's unreal.

I don't know who is going to be a -10 on FM13, Verratti maybe (H)

Two players I think should have -10 in FM13 is Jules Ntcham and Andreas Pereira.
Two players who are rated as the best in the world in their age group.

Why?
Because players under the age of 17 often becomes underrated in previous FM version. It looks like they use the uncertainty of how good they will get and what could happen in their future as an excuse to lower the PA, and then they could set higher CA or PA in the next version if he's better.
Why cant FM do this in this version already, and then lower the PA/CA if his development stalls.

I'm kinda fed up with amazing regens/newgens who ruins the savegames and outnumber youth talents in the big clubs talent academies who only have -6/ -7 /-8 .

As you all know, a PA of -10 is not similar to that the player will reach that level in his career. There are many factors who contradicts to a full development.

I have often been disappointed about the PA staus on youth talents.
F.ex.(1) Gerard Deulofeu -9 on the FM12 database. Why? Can't he reach the level of Messi when he has the ability to learn from him in addition to being in one of the best talent fabrics in the world.
F.EX (2) Raphael Varane also -9 on the FM12 database. He plays regularly for Real Madrid and was considered a huge talent before FM12 release.

Clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester United/City, Chelsea, Arsenal, ajax and so on should have more youth talents above -6 and -7. But player personality must be a important factor.
But group studies show that the people learn from each other and decreases their ambitions when there are ambitious / professional people around them. *One element that makes me think the mentoring in FM is a little bit wrong as they don't develop mental or technical attributes. But that's for another thread.

I don't say everyone should be -10, but consider to use it instead of setting -9 or -8 when it could be set to -9.

Higher PA = much more fun with the game
Because FM is just a game! It doesn't have to reflect the reality for the future next 5 years in football

In the other case there are also many players that I think are overrated, but I just want to say:
Don't be afraid to set the highest potential ability -10 on the biggest youth talents from football year 2012 in FM13.

Much more fun to develop a real player rather than a regen with already high attributes score in mental, physical or technical areas. (I have often seen regen with higher attributes at 16 than the real life 16yo talents who plays in world class clubs from the start database)

Last edited:
People want FM to be as realistic as possible, that is why we like it.

Arslan from HSV could be really good on this years FM since he's bossing the midfield so far this season

Well, how come it's fair these two guys to be a wonderkids, they are not even playing first team role in their clubs? I say -9 a maximum for these kids, for now. CA around 100-110 for both of them. They could become wonderkids in two season time.

They should have high PA's, maybe 160-170, and low CA's, considering they're both 16. They have both only just made their debuts but have been outstanding at a youth league level. Halilovic is already seen as a bigger talent than Mateo Kovacic who has very generous CA/PA on FM12. Basic is seen as Hajduk's anti-Halilovic and maybe should be just slightly less talented potential wise on FM13. Both should eventually become the best players at their respective clubs, no doubt.

Florenzi - Roma. He is having an amazing start. Roma sold Bertollaci, because of Florenzi

Kostas Stafylidis - DL
Kostas Manolas - DC
Giorgos Katidis - MC
Panagiotis Ballas - MC
Mavroudis Bougaidis - DC
Dimitris Kourbelis / Kourmpelis - DC/MC
Tasos Bakasetas - ST
Antonis Athanasiou - MC
Fotis Kaimakamoudis - ST
Giannis Gianniotas - AMR
Dimitris Diamantakos - ST
Spyros Fourlanos - AMC
Apostolos Vellios - ST
Stefanos Kapino - GK
Sokratis Dioudis - GK
Dimitris Grontis - AMC
Kostas Vlachos - DC

Think Cameroon and Malaga striker Fabrice Olinga should be given a good PA. Youngest goalscorer in La Liga and had just scored in his international debut.

Wilfried Zaha , de Sciglio , Shaarawy , Hatchim Mastour , M'baye Niang , Karim Frei, Fischer , and absolutely Feruz !