What people are missing is that wonderkid doesn't mean high PA, it means high CA for his age, normally coupled with enough difference between CA and PA to grow further. In the EPL for example, I would only give Wilshere and Phil Jones wonderkid status (possibly OxCh), but that's just me. I imagine Raheem Sterling would probably become a wonderkid after 6/9 months of first team football but certainly not at the start of the game.

Oliver Torres (Atletico Madrid), Lucas Ocampos (Monaco), Marco Verratti (PSG) are my 3 tips for 'Wonderkids' at the start of the game... whether they fulfil that potential is another thing....?

Marco Verratti is an absolute legend, I can't believe he was only -8 in 12, I don't know if he warrants a high fixed PA yet but he should be -9 at least.

If Ha?dara is a -7 with **** physical and offensive attributes I will go ape **** on the FM data collection team. I think Saivet needs to have a massive CA boost, he's been very good for Bordeaux at the start of this season.

I know this thread is about wonderkids, but Falcao should have a boost, he's in the top five strikers in the world imo (and I'm not the only one i guess)

On:
Maher (AZ)
Willems (PSV)
Sterling (Liverpool)
AOC (Arsenal)

Raheem Sterling-Liverpool, Jerome Sinclair-Liverpool, Chuba Akpom-Arsenal, Jack Jebb-Arsenal, Reece Michel-Chelsea, Joel Laugenie-Valenciennes

Below is my list of wonderkids that I'll closely watch as soon as FM2013 gets released. There are a number of known kids, but as they all had a splendid previous football season, their ratings should be better then in FM2012:
Sergei Semper, Cristian Tello, Luke Shaw, Bryan Cristante, Luc Castaignos, Adam Maher, Ross Barkley, Juan Manuel Iturbe,
Ryo Miaichi, Kerim Frei, Marco Verratti, Matija Nastasic, Lucas Ocampos, Gerard Deulofeu, Julian Draxler, Stephan El Shaarawy,
Mateo Kovacic, Lazar Markovic, Raphael Varane, Raheem Sterling, M'Baye Niang, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Iker Munian.

Kovacic better? He's already brilliant in fm 12.

Dusan Tadic from Twente, Srdjan Mijailovic from Red Star, Lazar Markovic from Partizan, Darko Lazovic from Red Star, Nikola Ninkovic from Partizan. They will all be great players, that is certain. I would give them CA around 130, and PA 160-170, except for Dusan Tadic. He should have CA at least 150-160 and PA 170-180. Maybe also Ninkovic needs PA higher than 170. Mateo Kovacic sholud have CA around 130-140 and PA 180-190. Matija Nastasic certainly a wonderkid, PA should even be 190, in my opinion.

Dusan Tadic from Twente, Srdjan Mijailovic from Red Star, Lazar Markovic from Partizan, Darko Lazovic from Red Star, Nikola Ninkovic from Partizan. They will all be great players, that is certain. I would give them CA around 130, and PA 160-170, except for Dusan Tadic. He should have CA at least 150-160 and PA 170-180. Maybe also Ninkovic needs PA higher than 170. Mateo Kovacic sholud have CA around 130-140 and PA 180-190. Matija Nastasic certainly a wonderkid, PA should even be 190, in my opinion.

Woah woah...woah. Hold your horses. There's no doubt that Nastasic has the potential to be good but 190 PA?! Never.

Really? Tell me how old is he? Tell me another central defender at his age who plays first team role at a club like Manchester City? I am only going to say that Nemanja Vidic had both PA and CA around 180 at his best, and Vidic in Nastasic's age played for Spartak Subotica! I mean, I do not say he should have CA any higher than 150-155. Maybe even 140-150. But as far as PA, I'm sure he deserves it.

Last edited:
He still has to earn it....Stefan Savić is a prime example of how quickly things can turn and go downhill....

Vidic has a PA of 177, and Thiago Silva of 183 I believe and they are the best 2 centre backs in the game. There is no way that Nastasic, who is still a largely unproven player, will have PA of 190. That's putting him at Ronaldinho levels. I'd put my bets on somewhere around the 165 to 170 mark, for now. Until Nastasic has proven himself at the highest level for a decent amount of time, he won't be given a world class PA.

I don't uderstand you guys. I mean i do not say Nastasic CA should be 190. It should probably be around 145. But PA should be 190. Why? Cause it's potential ability. It means he might achieve it throughout the game, but it does not mean he certainly will. And with his age, his games, its fair he has 190. Or they should put it -10 simple enough. Anyway, what about other guys i mentioned earlier? I think i have given them fair grades.

Last edited:
Really? Tell me how old is he? Tell me another central defender at his age who plays first team role at a club like Manchester City? I am only going to say that Nemanja Vidic had both PA and CA around 180 at his best, and Vidic in Nastasic's age played for Spartak Subotica! I mean, I do not say he should have CA any higher than 150-155. Maybe even 140-150. But as far as PA, I'm sure he deserves it.

Just over two years ago he was a castaway of Partizan's first team. Looking at your username, I think it's fair to assume you're Serbian so maybe useful to stop being so biased in your posts...

Mattia De Sciglio needs a massive raise in PA. Joined the first team at Milan only last season but at the start of this season has been absolutely brilliant. Pushed Abate to the bench on a few occasions already.

El Shaarawy has also shown immense potential, but I think that is more justifying his already high PA and so should stay maybe about what it is, maybe a little higher.

Kovacic has had a so-so season and should stay how he is, if not be reduced a little. Same goes for Vrsaljko. Both should experience an increase in CA, though.

Cristante definitely deserves a raise in PA. Maybe his UCL debut at Milan at the age of 17 and has since then become the captain of the Primavera (youth/u20 side) and is seen by many (including me) as the most talented player in the side. De Feo should also be given a significant increase in PA, as well as Valoti. Fossati, though, should be given a decrease in PA. Has fallen away a lot from the promise he showed 1-2 seasons ago.

Castaignos should have a reduced PA. Had a torrid season and was sold to a lesser league. Didn't do anything to justify his "new Henry" tag.

Barkley, Ocampos, Deulofeu, Draxler, Markovic, Varane, Sterling, Niang, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Muniain all already good enough. Agree with you, Drizzt, though, that Iturbe, Verratti and Nastasic deserve an increase.

Some other talents that have had storming seasons and deserve an increase - Ciro Immobile, Lorenzo Insigne, Mattia Destro, Fabio Borini, Nicola Leali and Alberto Masi.

Sorry guys, another two names to add. This time from the Croatian league - Alen Halilovic (Dinamo) and Petar Basic (Hajduk). Easily the two biggest u18 talents in the league.