Potential Perfection 4-2-3-1 'ull - FM 11.3

dutchbrit84

Reaction score
DOWNLOAD - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5335

I thought it's time for me to share the tactic ive been using throughout the last few Football Manager games. Each year the new game is out and I've always updated & adjusted this tactic for the latest version.

This tactic lets your team play fluid, attacking & technical football. You will see lots of special goals scored with crazy backflicks, overhead kicks, and other tricks.

wcmg01.jpg

At the same time of being attacking, It's also strong defensively. Consisting of 2 supportive wingbacks & a Stopper/Cover central defensive partnership. The 2 central midfielders are set to Ball Winning & Deep Laying Playmaker.

Here are a few tips for success with this tactic (and other tactics)

1. always read pre-match advice.

2. comment on danger man if advised. It usually makes that player have a bad game.

3. check the opposition teams morale, if a few of their players have low morale, close down & tackle hard in opposition instructions.

4. i always let my assistant manager choose OI/opposition instructions and then add to it using the above tips.

Keeping your players happy. This will make them perform even better.

1. always praise team when possible. if some players play better than the rest of the team, praise individuals with well done or delighted.

2. never critisise individuals in the press, always be positive and say good things.

3. if a player has a good game, sometimes talk to him after the game and tell him he played well.

4. keep all squad members happy. give all players game time when possible. be smart with your contracts, if you want a player but only plan on using him as backup, only sign him as a backup player.

5. sometimes sub any player with low ratings just after half time. this shows that if anyone plays bad, they will be taken off.

Here are a few screenshots of match results.

1st game of the season

33c7vjm.png

Home game against Watford.

169oyf4.png

Away game against rivals Leeds

e0kikj.png

League Cup game away to Man City

efkwmf.png

------------------------------

I have used this tactic many times and have had success with Clubs from all 4 English divisions. I also led Uruguay to World Cup victory in 2014 using this tactic.

Currently I am close to finishing my 1st season with Hull City in the championship and will then upload the tactic for others to use. This is the table so far.

24mz6nd.jpg

As you can see, Very good goal scoring record & a decent defensive record too.

My current squad is.

Smithes, Ward, Coates, Hobbs, Rosenior, Clement, Cairney, Urretaviscaya, Koren, Simpson, Le Fondre.

apart from the obvious 3 good players (Coates, Clement & Urretaviscaya) I have a pretty average championship squad which is vastly over-achieving (as many managers on the game tell me (H) )

-----------------

The season is now over, of course Hull City won the league, the League Cup and got to the semis of the FA Cup, lost against Liverpool by a bad penalty shout from the ref (it was never a pen!) :)

2w2kj9j.jpg

2ducumw.jpg

enjoy the tactic !

Last edited:
Yeah mate were the link i fancy using this tactic with my barcelona team and i will post on here how it goes with them :) my current team is valdes, dani alves, evra, pique, puyol, xavi, fabregas, iniesta, aguero, messi, villla so it is a pretty strong side and i will test it with them and tell you how it goes :)

Looks promising, but you need to include the link, sir. :)

Hey :)

like i said in the 1st post guys, I am close to finishing my 1st season with Hull City in the championship and will then upload the tactic for others to use.

I should be ready to upload today or tomorrow.

I'm also in the League Cup Final against Wolves, and still going strong in the FA Cup. I just spanked Fulham 4-1 :)

Sounds promising. I'm really looking forward to testing this with my rebuild Real Madrid squad (all player on 40k per week or less).

thanks Rushwood.

I just won the League Cup at Wembley 1-0.

2r2ui9x.jpg

sxkx7r.jpg

although many tactics can achieve winning the league & cups. this tactic has done so with a very average squad and some L1 & L2 quality players. Im looking forward to seeing what Hull can achieve in the Premiership once ive strengthened the squad

i just uploaded it, but it says it needs to be approved by admins.

Can you post it on mediafire or another site, then just put the link to it here?

Steve

dutchbrit

I have downloaded the tactic, and its not the same one as the picture from the first page, as the defence is a flat back 4, where as on your formation screenshot, the right DC is in the sweeper position?

Steve

it looks like its working now, available to download here

Potential Perfection 4-2-3-1 - Downloads - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

dutchbrit

I have downloaded the tactic, and its not the same one as the picture from the first page, as the defence is a flat back 4, where as on your formation screenshot, the right DC is in the sweeper position?

Steve

hey mate.

its the same tactic, i just edited the picture to show how the back 4 plays. start a game and view in 3d mode and you will see the RCB playing in a deeper position. he's a ballplaying CB set as Cover. needs good pace, anticipation & tackling.

please post some more screens and details such oppotion instructions and teamtalks...

looks great!

(how did you get Urretaviscaya? isnt he loaned?)

Last edited:
hey Cisse,

Nope he wasnt loaned, he was transfer listed at Benfica. I'm using wally's latest database update and halfway through the season i found he was transfer listed. so i bought him :)

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

please post some more screens and details such oppotion instructions and teamtalks...

looks great!

(how did you get Urretaviscaya? isnt he loaned?)

ok, ive posted some more screenshots and some tips about OI etc.

thanks for feedback...

one question only...

for example, when smashing City, did you use No Pressure TT?

thanks mate...already started a new save...

pitch size standard.

for league cup games - For The Fans was used.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------
2w2kj9j.jpg

2ducumw.jpg

I've just downloaded the tactic and I'm looking forward to testing it. I will get back with some results later on. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Last edited:
Gonna test this with Arsenal. Will get back to you with results :p