Potential Perfection 4-2-3-1 'ull - FM 11.3

wow this tactic has grate defensive shape :O
and the attacking game is amazing.

il keep up to the end of the season and then post results.

Who should be the playmaker? the deep laying playmaker or the tretaquartista

hi .. I can midfielder turned mcl (deep lying playmaker) mcr (ball winning)? because my playmaker is a player with his left foot.Thank you ^^

all you can do is try it forevermanutd. i cant really say because i never used a set playmaker.

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

my 2nd season with Hull City has just started, the board have given me £15million for transfers and a nice wage budget. i promised them i would make midtable.

some german teams have made bids for Robbie Koren, who is 30 years old and in his last year of his hull contract. ive accepted some bids of £4.5m. Now i need a new AMC, I made a bid for Christian Erikson :)

all you can do is try it forevermanutd. i cant really say because i never used a set playmaker.

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

my 2nd season with Hull City has just started, the board have given me £15million for transfers and a nice wage budget. i promised them i would make midtable.

some german teams have made bids for Robbie Koren, who is 30 years old and in his last year of his hull contract. ive accepted some bids of £4.5m. Now i need a new AMC, I made a bid for Christian Erikson :)

I´ve just started a save with Sochaux in the french Ligue 1. The tactic seems to fit them just perfect:)
If you looking for a very good AMC i recommend you to take a look at Marvin Martin!! insane!

I´m looking for a RB atm. No transfer money yet so he should be free or very cheap, backup only:)

Just smashed Besiktas with 3-1!!

I´ve just started a save with Sochaux in the french Ligue 1. The tactic seems to fit them just perfect:)
If you looking for a very good AMC i recommend you to take a look at Marvin Martin!! insane!

I´m looking for a RB atm. No transfer money yet so he should be free or very cheap, backup only:)

Just smashed Besiktas with 3-1!!

:) i'll scout the player you suggested.

hope the tactic works well for you, remember to keep player morale high, praise your players at every opportunity!

The file I get when I download your tactic is 'download.php'..is that normal?
How do I get it to work then?
Just changing the extension to tac doesnt work for me..thanks!

Tactic looks good mate, going to give it a try with my tottenham team in year 2012, ill give feed back part way through the season, although my team consists of

Da Gea

Wiel cahill dawson baines

modric sandro

robben vaart bale

aguero

i still lose 4-5 games a season and draw 8-9 and only win either by 1pt or by goal diff.

Just played my first game v. chelsea in the community shield as you see i drew in the game and lost on pens **** robben hitting the bar. But i could not play my best team and i had to have a 18 year old in goal as my first team regulars where on international duty still not a bad result considering. Here are a few screenshots to show my team and half time then full time and i also had a goal disallowed which kinda sucks
View attachment 187017
View attachment 187018
View attachment 187019

hey dizzy,

i think your problem against that chelsea team is they are playing a very narrow formation, probably through the middle too.

if it was me, i would have adjusted the tactics at kick off to also play narrow.

Do you have the team instruction to fluid or balanced or what? I've been shipping goals like nobodys business so far this season as Charlton, having just got promoted to Championship, put this tactic on and beat Leeds 3-1 at home with it or balanced. Then played QPR away, put it as fluid, 5-1 down at half time?! Put it back to balanced ended up losing 6-3...I take it this was to do with that instruction? Mistake by me probably. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that my defence/centre mid just isn't strong enough. Any decent free transfers for second season??

hmm not sure scottee. as with any tactic you need the right players for the chosen positions. also changing the tactic settings so soon i dont think is a good idea. is your team fluid in all areas in match preparation ?

and dizzy, here is an example of what i said earlier. i just played spurs at home, scouted them before and read the match report, they played a wide formation and high defensive line. so to counter their tactics, i changed my tactic from Control to Attack & Pushed up, but importantly played VERY narrow. i cut through them like butter :)

2uysi0n.jpg

wow, this is a first for me.

72g3v9.jpg

9 of my players made the team of the week! and u can see i am 2nd in the prem, 12 goals scored, 2 against. not bad for hull's first season in the top flight :)

Last edited:
I'll check in a bit. Also, threw away 2-0 lead at home to Swansea, drew 2-2, now away to Swindon, 3-0 down...dominating possession, just always conceding "/

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Update; everything's fluid as in terms of match prep. I'm positive it's the players at the back now. To be fair, my back four is Bessone/Geary; Davenport; Kisnorbo; Francis. Hardly top quality. Reached this conclusion as scoring plenty but conceding from everywhere.

Hi Dutchbrit, firstly congratulations on a great tactic and your sucess with Hull, i'm currently trying this now and have a couple of questions / suggestions.

You mention about reading the pre match report and adjusting accordingly, so, what is the most important changes you get from moving to "Attacking" ? A lot of the instructions are already overridden ?

What are the most important things you change when you react to the pre match, is it mainly Width / Def Line and other team instructions ?

While thinking about the above I got an idea...What if you fixed all the individual player settings to be as they are in the tactic that you put for download, then only made the team instructions changeable by changing the strategy (so in your example above wanting to play narrow, you would change the strategy to Defensive / Counter to get a narrow result?).

What do you think ?

hey macca,

changing to attacking of course makes the players that little bit more attacking and not so much controlling. the 3 central players (LMC, RMC & AMC) all now play more attacking football. the others mainly stay the same as the wingers & strikers always attack.

pre match for me is very important, i have a good assistant manager with 15 tactical knowledge and i also send my top scout so scout the next opposition. with both of these combined i gain a great understanding of how the opposition are likely to play against me. so like the spurs game i talked about earlier, they play wide and attacking, so i switched to very narrow, pushing up and attacking. so both teams attack, but my team played through them very narrowly. it worked very well.

as for changing all individual player settings, thats up to you. but for me i always want my 2 wingers & striker to attack, no matter what the situation. so these 3 players do have most of the individual settings changed by me. the other players i like to change according to mentality, so if i want to run the game and feel i am the better team, i keep Control mentality. if i am a little worried about the opposition I go all out attack and try out-score them. of course this doesnt work every time, once i tried to outscore leicester in the championship, they had a much better side than me. i was 0-2 down at half time. so 2nd half i changed my tactics, went deeper, narrower & counter attacked. end result was 2-2.

best advice i can give mate, keep your players happy and pay great attention to scouting the opposition & listen to your assistant manager regarding such things as width, defensive line, which players to close down, tackle hard etc.

also a huuuuuuge tip like i said in my main post. check the oppositions players, if any of their back 4 has low morale, make sure your players torment them. set opposition instructions to always close down, tackle hard etc. it always works for me.

Cheers, my scout reports are no where near as detailed as yours, what sort of attributes do you need to get a good report ?

I am about to try my theory out, the only things that will change are width and tempo, my next opponents could be vulnerable to a fast attack, so i'll go attacking for strategy and try and test them out.

hey bojinov, i use full blend in pre-season. and if ive bought lots of new players, i keep blend on average for almost the full season to help the team gel together.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Cheers, my scout reports are no where near as detailed as yours, what sort of attributes do you need to get a good report ?

I am about to try my theory out, the only things that will change are width and tempo, my next opponents could be vulnerable to a fast attack, so i'll go attacking for strategy and try and test them out.

my scout is Hamilton. he has 15 tactical knowledge and always gives me good advice.

------------------------

Unbelievable!!

jj32wh.jpg

7 games into Hull's first season in the premier league and they are 1st! my only worry is the media now are asking lots of questions about if we can stay there... i need to be positive with my comments but also realistic. i still havnt played any of the big teams yet, im sure i'll get spanked a few times.

Last edited: