Pow Right in the Kisser 2012: A 4-3-3 Tactic

Hey Harriers, just dropping back with some more feedback and also to let you know how my season ended up as promised.

I won the league and also the League Cup in my first season with Everton!! Here is some final screenshots. The tactic didn't really struggle at any point, but my players tired after a busy fixture list not to mention some key players out injured, so you'll notice a few blips but no prolonged losing streak.

Note too how many goals I conceded!! 26 in all my league games actually earned the steam achievement "Iron Curtain"

View attachment 255932View attachment 255933

I only brought in a few players as my season went on most of them youth prospects and Junior Hoillet.. transfer screen for you to see as this was mostly an Everton default team.
View attachment 255934

One important thing to mention I feel is having the right type of player especially in the poacher position upfront...I had to rotate with Jelavic (Natural role is Advanced Forward) when Welbeck was injured and truthfully Jelavic didn't really score often unless it was by lucky headers. Stats for Welbeck and Jelavic below.
View attachment 255935View attachment 255936

Final thoughts would be of high praise for your tactic, but motivating your players is essential especially in FM12 (team talks) but I think most will know that, and some day's it just doesn't go your way. However overall the tactic was never "learned" by the AI as alot of people seem to feel happens and I can see why they may feel that, but for me it didn't seem an issue this season.

Next season should prove really interesting as I have had most of my staff poached by other clubs and the board are unwilling to release any money for squad improvements...but we shall see.

Thanks again Harriers and I hope my feedback helps.

On one last note...what would your opinion on setting the wide the players to wingers? I'm just wondering if it would create more opportunities to score as well as some times the AMR doesn't really get overly involved.

Last edited:
Going to give this a try on my new Rotherham save as with LFC Marshall's new update and this tactic am looking to dominate League 2 and maybe above.

Reporting back at the end of the season on my Athletic save, after a fair few injuries, and bore draws, I managed to ****** 3rd place ahead of Valencia, my top scorer was Llorente with 37 goals in all comps, top assists was Muniain with 18, seems to be a decent tactic tbh, well balanced, some top draw attacking football at times, I'm betting that there'd be a lot more attacking football if I had better players to work with, but for what I have, then it's amazing, recommend the tactic tbh, good work mate.

Hey Harriers, just dropping back with some more feedback and also to let you know how my season ended up as promised.

I won the league and also the League Cup in my first season with Everton!! Here is some final screenshots. The tactic didn't really struggle at any point, but my players tired after a busy fixture list not to mention some key players out injured, so you'll notice a few blips but no prolonged losing streak.

Note too how many goals I conceded!! 26 in all my league games actually earned the steam achievement "Iron Curtain"

View attachment 255932View attachment 255933

I only brought in a few players as my season went on most of them youth prospects and Junior Hoillet.. transfer screen for you to see as this was mostly an Everton default team.
View attachment 255934

One important thing to mention I feel is having the right type of player especially in the poacher position upfront...I had to rotate with Jelavic (Natural role is Advanced Forward) when Welbeck was injured and truthfully Jelavic didn't really score often unless it was by lucky headers. Stats for Welbeck and Jelavic below.
View attachment 255935View attachment 255936

Final thoughts would be of high praise for your tactic, but motivating your players is essential especially in FM12 (team talks) but I think most will know that, and some day's it just doesn't go your way. However overall the tactic was never "learned" by the AI as alot of people seem to feel happens and I can see why they may feel that, but for me it didn't seem an issue this season.

Next season should prove really interesting as I have had most of my staff poached by other clubs and the board are unwilling to release any money for squad improvements...but we shall see.

Thanks again Harriers and I hope my feedback helps.

On one last note...what would your opinion on setting the wide the players to wingers? I'm just wondering if it would create more opportunities to score as well as some times the AMR doesn't really get overly involved.

Cheer for the final feedback, I'll put it in the OP.

With regards to the wingers, I'm pretty sure that they perform better if you have a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left if you want goals from them.

If you have a right footer on the left and right, as I have had when i tested it (which I'm guessing you may have had mostly considering Evertons squad), I find the AML scores more and the AMR assists more. And vise-versa if they were both left footed.
So in essance i think a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right would get more assist but if it was left footer on right and right footer on left they would get more goals.

Hopefully that was easy to understand because i was confusing myself writing that!

In terms of changing the AMR to a winger role, it wouldnt make a difference because the individual instrucion have been changed. You woould have to adjust the individual instructions to make him a winger

Going to give this a try on my new Rotherham save as with LFC Marshall's new update and this tactic am looking to dominate League 2 and maybe above.

Well cheers for giving it a try. Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Reporting back at the end of the season on my Athletic save, after a fair few injuries, and bore draws, I managed to ****** 3rd place ahead of Valencia, my top scorer was Llorente with 37 goals in all comps, top assists was Muniain with 18, seems to be a decent tactic tbh, well balanced, some top draw attacking football at times, I'm betting that there'd be a lot more attacking football if I had better players to work with, but for what I have, then it's amazing, recommend the tactic tbh, good work mate.

Cheers mate and thanks for the feedback. Hopefully once you develop your squad a bit more you can crack on!

Cheer for the final feedback, I'll put it in the OP.

With regards to the wingers, I'm pretty sure that they perform better if you have a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left if you want goals from them.

If you have a right footer on the left and right, as I have had when i tested it (which I'm guessing you may have had mostly considering Evertons squad), I find the AML scores more and the AMR assists more. And vise-versa if they were both left footed.
So in essance i think a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right would get more assist but if it was left footer on right and right footer on left they would get more goals.

Hopefully that was easy to understand because i was confusing myself writing that!

In terms of changing the AMR to a winger role, it wouldnt make a difference because the individual instrucion have been changed. You woould have to adjust the individual instructions to make him a winger

No problem at all, I agree with your suggestions and it was the case with my squad in the first season. However Hoillet on the right has started to work better this time round...most likely gelling and getting use to the style of play Gueye is playing great on the left too so right now I can't complain too much.

I did look into the winger idea as an experiment but truthfully I agree with your conclusion...it alters too much and honestly ruins the ethos of the tactic.

Just a few more screen shots to show you how things stand and who I brought in and such, wish me luck on my second season...I swear I'll get Liverpool for that 3-0 opening day fiasco.
View attachment 256557View attachment 256558
Oh also I managed the England under 23's as the position was available and used your tactic again of course. We won the Olympics beating Brazil 2-1 in the final. (The only downside was that my club suffered in losing friendlies which should have been played..Manager error there at it's worst!!)

Last edited:
No problem at all, I agree with your suggestions and it was the case with my squad in the first season. However Hoillet on the right has started to work better this time round...most likely gelling and getting use to the style of play Gueye is playing great on the left too so right now I can't complain too much.

I did look into the winger idea as an experiment but truthfully I agree with your conclusion...it alters too much and honestly ruins the ethos of the tactic.

Just a few more screen shots to show you how things stand and who I brought in and such, wish me luck on my second season...I swear I'll get Liverpool for that 3-0 opening day fiasco.
View attachment 256557View attachment 256558

some nice buys there! fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

Oh, please do Liverpool for that! Will be a good new years day present for the Toffies!

Cheers mate and thanks for the feedback. Hopefully once you develop your squad a bit more you can crack on!

I'm hoping to, either that or after a higher job, see what this tactic can do with players a lot better!

Also, this tactic just won me the Olympics U23 Championship with Great Britain, played Costa Rica, Nigeria, Japan, Uruguay, Australia and then Brazil in the final, only conceding 2 all tournament!

I'm hoping to, either that or after a higher job, see what this tactic can do with players a lot better!

Also, this tactic just won me the Olympics U23 Championship with Great Britain, played Costa Rica, Nigeria, Japan, Uruguay, Australia and then Brazil in the final, only conceding 2 all tournament!

Good work and goor luck with the job search!

it didnt go well and i lost my motivation for it... so am looking to start a new save... but dont know witch team i should be...

any tips-?

with this tactic I would suggest any team that have the players for a 4-3-3.

Maybe Swansea? Chelsea? Porto?

Gonna give wigan a try, they fit a 433 , they are predicted last gonna prove em wrong

what you think? any tips?

Also with feet does it matter if they are left footed right winger or vice a versa and all that?

Trying this out with West Brom. Having a very nice start at the season, parking the 4th place after 11 played games.
Only signings so far: Mark Noble, Gael Bigirimana and Steed Malbranque on a free transfer!

Thanks for a good tac!

Gonna give wigan a try, they fit a 433 , they are predicted last gonna prove em wrong

what you think? any tips?

Also with feet does it matter if they are left footed right winger or vice a versa and all that?

with the wingers I like to have either both right or both left footed. If the left footer is on the right or right footer on the left he will score more goals and if they are right footed on the right or left footed on then they will get more assists.

Trying this out with West Brom. Having a very nice start at the season, parking the 4th place after 11 played games.
Only signings so far: Mark Noble, Gael Bigirimana and Steed Malbranque on a free transfer!

Thanks for a good tac!

cheers mate. keep us updated!

cheers mate. keep us updated!

I have a quick question about the winger situation. Im going into january, which means transfer period. I will try to sign hoillett, since his contract expires in june. But to my question, should i really try to sign him? Hes a typicall winger and the tactic itself uses a playmaker out wide. Would he fit on the left wing anyway you think or does it has to be a playmaker type (Nasri, Silva or Mata type of player).

cheers

I have a quick question about the winger situation. Im going into january, which means transfer period. I will try to sign hoillett, since his contract expires in june. But to my question, should i really try to sign him? Hes a typicall winger and the tactic itself uses a playmaker out wide. Would he fit on the left wing anyway you think or does it has to be a playmaker type (Nasri, Silva or Mata type of player).

cheers

I bought Hoilett in my save with Everton...I still have him now. He actually plays really well and with him being able to play on either wing it is quite the advantage. It took a little while for him to get going but when he did I was really impressed, he got lots of assists and does bang in a fair few goals. Screenshots for you below.

One thing I am using Dunc's training schedules and he is in the winger training and it seems to benefit the wide players in general.
View attachment 257545View attachment 257546View attachment 257547
I personally feel Hoilett is worth the buy, just give him a little time to settle and he plays well. I hope that helps.

cheers

with the wingers, as with any position in the tactic, the individual player instructions have been altered. it means that although it shows they are playmakers, they've been adjusted so they arnt really. they're a different kettle of fish

Hoillett should work on either wing. whether he's on the right, cutting in and scoring goals, or whether he's on the right providing assists.

Could you give us an attribute template for positions with needed atrribute in importance order please

thankyou in advance