Pow Right in the Kisser 2013: 4-3-3 for everyone

hello harriers09

just one question.
i'm playing with AC Milan, first season, and new update database + new patch. Using your new tactic (with swap wingers).
And now, i'm in december and the tactic is fluid in all areas except passing style, it is still accomplished, and of course im having bad results with team.
My question is, is the problem with new update database + patch?
Because when i'm playing with default database I have wonderful results with your tactic.

I'm using this tactic with my FC Copenhagen team, and it's probably the best one I've used on FM '13 as far as consistency goes. Very solid at the back, won the league by over 25 points and only conceded 10 goals all season. Got to the Quarter Finals of the Europa League, which is quite an achievement with a team with very little resources and average players when it comes to Europe.

I'm about 7 games into my second season, bought in a few players and I'm top of the league by 5 points, however it's starting to feel like the opposition is getting used to the style of play, and I'm struggling to keep clean sheets and often find myself scraping victories against mediocre opponents. I'm wondering if there's any tweaks that might help steady the ship a little bit? Or maybe just a change in match prep? I've tried different match preparations, but none of them really change anything. Overall though, a very good tactic that probably isn't getting the praise it deserves. Far better than anything else I've tried on here.

hello harriers09

just one question.
i'm playing with AC Milan, first season, and new update database + new patch. Using your new tactic (with swap wingers).
And now, i'm in december and the tactic is fluid in all areas except passing style, it is still accomplished, and of course im having bad results with team.
My question is, is the problem with new update database + patch?
Because when i'm playing with default database I have wonderful results with your tactic.

alright mate. Since the patch came out i've found there is virtually no difference with how well that tactic works.

Is it just a bad patch you're going through or have the results been consistantly bad since the start?

I'm using this tactic with my FC Copenhagen team, and it's probably the best one I've used on FM '13 as far as consistency goes. Very solid at the back, won the league by over 25 points and only conceded 10 goals all season. Got to the Quarter Finals of the Europa League, which is quite an achievement with a team with very little resources and average players when it comes to Europe.

I'm about 7 games into my second season, bought in a few players and I'm top of the league by 5 points, however it's starting to feel like the opposition is getting used to the style of play, and I'm struggling to keep clean sheets and often find myself scraping victories against mediocre opponents. I'm wondering if there's any tweaks that might help steady the ship a little bit? Or maybe just a change in match prep? I've tried different match preparations, but none of them really change anything. Overall though, a very good tactic that probably isn't getting the praise it deserves. Far better than anything else I've tried on here.

first of all, cheers for the feedback and praise and I'm glad its working well for you.

starts of new seasons can be a struggle sometimes as players need time to settle in to their new surroundings, especially if they dont know the local language. this could be your problem.

I haven really had problems with teams learning how to play against the tactic. Obviously they can and will get used to it and know how to play against it better, but I've found that with the way the tactic is set up, there is an unpredictability about it that stops opposition knowing exactly what you will do.

I'd say stick with it till your new players have settled in more.

Sometimes if i start to conceed more goals than normal i will put the match prep onto defensive positioning for 4 or 5 games and then shift it back to normal. If the problem is scoring rather than conceeding i normally put it onto attacking movement for 4 or 5 games and then switch it back to what it was.

Hope thats a little helpfuly for youand thanks again

Registered just to post in this thread. I have used this tactic with my Dag & Red save and have gotten them from League 2 to Championship in 3 seasons. Great tactic. I did make a variant of the this tactic for playing matches I really had no business winning or to change things up that was counter-attacking that seemed to do alright. One fundamental change I did make that made a huge difference in the lower leagues was changing the IF instruction from "Cut Inside" to "Move into Channels". Seems the IF's can make it to the end line much easier instead of running into a bunch of defenders at the edge of the box. This allows them to put crosses to the other IF or striker and easy goals. The first match out one of my forwards easily scored a hat-trick.

Now that I am at Championship level, I have reached at dead-end. Just cannot score. But I want to think that is just the game ******** me over as I have plenty of chances. Seems the opposition goalkeeper gets man of the match most of the time. Thankfully my defense is sound so there have been a lot of 0-0 results.

Registered just to post in this thread. I have used this tactic with my Dag & Red save and have gotten them from League 2 to Championship in 3 seasons. Great tactic. I did make a variant of the this tactic for playing matches I really had no business winning or to change things up that was counter-attacking that seemed to do alright. One fundamental change I did make that made a huge difference in the lower leagues was changing the IF instruction from "Cut Inside" to "Move into Channels". Seems the IF's can make it to the end line much easier instead of running into a bunch of defenders at the edge of the box. This allows them to put crosses to the other IF or striker and easy goals. The first match out one of my forwards easily scored a hat-trick.

Now that I am at Championship level, I have reached at dead-end. Just cannot score. But I want to think that is just the game ******** me over as I have plenty of chances. Seems the opposition goalkeeper gets man of the match most of the time. Thankfully my defense is sound so there have been a lot of 0-0 results.

cheers mate

i found the Championship a big step up in my save and in my first season in it i finished 18th. Promoted the year after though after sticking it through.

Good tip on the IF instructions though, will have to try them in that Move into Channels instuctions and see what happens!

I will stick with it and let you know. As you know it is do or die now.

Did you make any major changes in the squad at the Championship level or did you go with team cohesion? I find that with such poor facilities, the better players are either not interested or beyond my budget.

Another thing that I remember. In the lower leagues I faced a 4-5-1 tactic. It seemed to completely neutralize this tactic and I never figured out a way to beat it consistantly.

Another barca tactic...why nobody try to replicate bayern style, they play the best football in europe.

I will stick with it and let you know. As you know it is do or die now.

Did you make any major changes in the squad at the Championship level or did you go with team cohesion? I find that with such poor facilities, the better players are either not interested or beyond my budget.

Most of the changes i made were free transfers. A mix of older, experienced players with a batch of fresh youth with bags of potential. Only really spent any money on youth players, 18-21 year olds. they are the ones who won me promotion in the following season after they developed to be able to play at that standard.

please, tell me who is going to score goals, with this tactic.
Im AC Milan, 8 games League/Champions League played. Tactic is fluid.
My Fowards (Lewandowski,Pazzini,Jovetic) are playing really bad, not only not scoring(ZERO goals), but when i see the matches they are doing ****(There are many situations where my foward is alone, my inside foward are not helping him. ).
My inside Fowards (Balotelli,Jovetic,Bojan,El Shaarawy,Boateng,Niang), are playing ok, but also not scoring. Best player Balotelli 6games 3goals avg.7.04 (1goal=penalty)

14 games and sacked with Milan
This tactic did not work with Milan

please, tell me who is going to score goals, with this tactic.
Im AC Milan, 8 games League/Champions League played. Tactic is fluid.
My Fowards (Lewandowski,Pazzini,Jovetic) are playing really bad, not only not scoring(ZERO goals), but when i see the matches they are doing ****(There are many situations where my foward is alone, my inside foward are not helping him. ).
My inside Fowards (Balotelli,Jovetic,Bojan,El Shaarawy,Boateng,Niang), are playing ok, but also not scoring. Best player Balotelli 6games 3goals avg.7.04 (1goal=penalty)

ok...bit of a strange oe this but i think i can help you out.

first of all, A.C. Milan dont really have many great wingers, their midfield has been a narrow one for years with overlapping full backs. So with you're three forwards being lewandowski, pazzini and jovetic, none of them are naturalised in AMR and/or AML. This can tell you one of two things, either you dont have the right players for the tactic, or the tactic is wrong for the players you have. Either can be true.

Being honest i would say that this tactic may not be suited to AC Milans players, at least not until you can buy the right players to use the tactic effectively.

Sometimes the fluidity of the tactic can be good but becasue they are only really a few months into learning it. sometimes a tactic takes fully 6 months or so to fully click with the players

14 games and sacked with Milan
This tactic did not work with Milan

sorry i wrote all that without even seeing this comment. milan might not be a good place to start off this tactic

Been playing with Raikans 4-3-3 (southampton) and i had W3 D6 L1 with it, and switched to this, first game 4-0 over Everton, looking great.
Updates coming.