Pow Right in the Kisser 2013: 4-3-3 for everyone

First season in Championship with my newly promoted Dag & Red and I survived relegation. Finished 17th with 7 points from relegation. I was a solid mid-table squad until the last 12 matches. I think I won 2 to finish the season. The press started to question my choice of tactics. Nothing to do with this tactic as you stated you did not do much here and I added my own, but the team just could not defend set pieces. I gave up 1-2 goals a match to corners and IFKs at the end even though match prep was set to defending set pieces:'(.

I definately see potential with the squad and hopefully promotion to Premier next season. From League 2 to Premier in 5 seasons, pretty good result with a small squad with this tactic. I am starting to get head hunted as well. I will keep you updated.

First season in Championship with my newly promoted Dag & Red and I survived relegation. Finished 17th with 7 points from relegation. I was a solid mid-table squad until the last 12 matches. I think I won 2 to finish the season. The press started to question my choice of tactics. Nothing to do with this tactic as you stated you did not do much here and I added my own, but the team just could not defend set pieces. I gave up 1-2 goals a match to corners and IFKs at the end even though match prep was set to defending set pieces:'(.

I definately see potential with the squad and hopefully promotion to Premier next season. From League 2 to Premier in 5 seasons, pretty good result with a small squad with this tactic. I am starting to get head hunted as well. I will keep you updated.

cheers for the update, keep me posted!

Have tried this tactic with portsmouth on both the default and the new update. It just doesnt work at all. my team are never in control amd i cannot create chances to save myself. I like the tactic a lot just unsure whether it may work better with certain teams? Obviously the qualiyy of portsmouths players isnt that great for league 1 so dont know whether that is the issue?

Have tried this tactic with portsmouth on both the default and the new update. It just doesnt work at all. my team are never in control amd i cannot create chances to save myself. I like the tactic a lot just unsure whether it may work better with certain teams? Obviously the qualiyy of portsmouths players isnt that great for league 1 so dont know whether that is the issue?

I've not really had that issue. With Kidderminster Harriers i had 3 consecutive promotions so the standard of my players wouldnt have been great in that league. I'd just say its one of those things. Of course you have to have te right players to play the tactic effectively, so I normally find from the 2nd season onwards the tactic plays much better once ive got the players i want in.

Had the typical FM fixture list as my first 8 games....Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Newcastle! As my newly assembled team were still learning it, these were my results:

Chelsea 0-0
City 1-1
United 3-2 loss
Arsenal 2-1 loss
Liverpool 3-1 loss
Spurs 3-3
Everton 3-1 loss
Newcastle 0-0

As you can imagine, my position took a fair whack....and my next game after this was Sunderland. Won 1-0!

Even though my team were still learning the tactic - with the exception of the Merseyside teams - every game I lost was by one goal, and as you can see, I was playing no mugs. Seen enough to suggest this could be a good one!

Hello.First of all thanks for this great tactic but I have got a question.
Do you make any changes on strategies during the game(match)?I mean in the case of winnig or losing

Sorry for bad english
smile.gif
Keep up the good work!

I am no tactical expert and not the creator of this tactic but I have played this tactic almost exclusively on FM13. I have a good assistant coach and I listen to his match advice. It usually entails passing and opponent instruction and I comply. I definately change things up according to the score at the 70-75 minute mark. Leading I switch to standard, raise the waste time, lower defensive line, lower tempo, retain possesion, etc. If behind I go attacking or overload and push up if I have a chance of gaining a point.

Any chance of a bit more information? How many games played? What point in the game did you start using it? How fluid the tactic got?

Played around half the season with the tactic, stagnated really, went 5 games without scoring then won 6 on the bounce! Then a dry patch again.

The tactic was fluid within the first few games, I'm still sort of using it when my team is struggling for possession.

Had the typical FM fixture list as my first 8 games....Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Newcastle! As my newly assembled team were still learning it, these were my results:

Chelsea 0-0
City 1-1
United 3-2 loss
Arsenal 2-1 loss
Liverpool 3-1 loss
Spurs 3-3
Everton 3-1 loss
Newcastle 0-0

As you can imagine, my position took a fair whack....and my next game after this was Sunderland. Won 1-0!

Even though my team were still learning the tactic - with the exception of the Merseyside teams - every game I lost was by one goal, and as you can see, I was playing no mugs. Seen enough to suggest this could be a good one!

cheers for the feedback. I'm sure it'll start working better and better now as they get to learn the tactic more and more. What team are you by the way?

Hello.First of all thanks for this great tactic but I have got a question.
Do you make any changes on strategies during the game(match)?I mean in the case of winnig or losing

Sorry for bad english
smile.gif
Keep up the good work!

I dont change anything except for if I'm losing with 10 minutes to go i just put the strategy on overload

I got Dag & Red promoted to Premier in 5 seasons with this tactic. Finished 6th in the league and won in the playoffs. This is after the chairman decided to pull back support so I played the 5th season with no changes in the club. 50-1 odds to gain promotion. Not sure to see if I can keep them up or move on to another club.

I got Dag & Red promoted to Premier in 5 seasons with this tactic. Finished 6th in the league and won in the playoffs. This is after the chairman decided to pull back support so I played the 5th season with no changes in the club. 50-1 odds to gain promotion. Not sure to see if I can keep them up or move on to another club.

1st season in the Prem will be very difficult but you got em there so id say give them a go for the 1st year and see how it goes. Glad to see the tactic working so well for you!

Harriers is it intended that the CMs have exactly the same instructions?