Started using this formation on my Man Utd save from about November, didn't lose a single game since then and won the quadruple! Undefeated in 48 matches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering this is a counter attacking mentality, will this have an effect on my team if they want to play attacking football?

TFF - have you ever tested the left striker as a DF (D)? Its working great for me and means I don't have to set manual marking. Won the Championship 1st season with QPR with 117 points and currently top of the PL 2nd season in Jan.

May be worth other people trying it.

TFF - have you ever tested the left striker as a DF (D)? Its working great for me and means I don't have to set manual marking. Won the Championship 1st season with QPR with 117 points and currently top of the PL 2nd season in Jan.

May be worth other people trying it.

Sorry if this comes up as a double post, but can this tweak be applied to all tactics that require manual marking to be fully utilised?

Separately, this is coming from a complete tactical amateur but upon further analysis of this manual marking lark, am I right in thinking it's literally as simple as setting your STCL to mark the MCR in the stated formations and then if the opposition's formation changes or if this MCR is substituted, change it from the original player to the player that's either shifted position or has been brought onto the pitch?

Last edited:

Sorry if this comes up as a double post, but can this tweak be applied to all tactics that require manual marking to be fully utilised?

Separately, this is coming from a complete tactical amateur but upon further analysis of this manual marking lark, am I right in thinking it's literally as simple as setting your STCL to mark the MCR in the stated formations and then if the opposition's formation changes or if this MCR is substituted, change it from the original player to the player that's either shifted position or has been brought onto the pitch?

To answer your first question, I have no idea. I've only tried it with Predator V3.

Yes, I realize it isn't difficult to set manual marking, but i like using instant result to speed things up so a tactic with manual marking will not work as well for me. Hence why I have started using the left striker as a DF (D). I don't know if this weakens the tactic, but for me it has been working just as well.

i'm trying his tweak now, did it myself took 2-3 mins at most to move 3 players and copy pi's

This has gotten me some great results, and fast in fact. But I would like to hear, do anyone change the mentality to defensive, attacking, counter or control etc. or do you just leave it at standard?

I change to control if I see that I have more than 58% possession after 15 minutes. And against Bayern I have had good success with Defensive, remove push higher up, offside trapp and lower tempo.

I change to control if I see that I have more than 58% possession after 15 minutes. And against Bayern I have had good success with Defensive, remove push higher up, offside trapp and lower tempo.
so u play with default tempo?

maybe I'm the only one on the planet that this tactic works not so well ... it's very good for me, but is still far from being a brilliant tactic to me

maybe I'm the only one on the planet that this tactic works not so well ... it's very good for me, but is still far from being a brilliant tactic to me
u need the right players and make sure u read the op mate :)

u need the right players and make sure u read the op mate :)
I understand friend ... I have done everything and tested with some teams , but work only up to a point ... just a 3 place with Rome , far from juventus ... with Valencia only 2 place and fourth champions league

so u play with default tempo?

Yes, against Bayern Munchen. I had so much problems beating them with the regular settings. It will still be a tough game against them but they don't create any ccc and you do, atleast it has worked great for me, I beat them twice on home field and had a draw in super cup.

I understand friend ... I have done everything and tested with some teams , but work only up to a point ... just a 3 place with Rome , far from juventus ... with Valencia only 2 place and fourth champions league

You could always try mixing it up to try and confuse the opposition. Use the Man Marking version sometimes and the none man marking version other times. Will keep you unpredictable.

Back