V3 with the defensive forward tweak is amazing for me. It seems to work better than manual marking purely because of the striker being more intelligent about his defending.
I was finding with manual marking that the left striker would be too late for most attacks as he was being overridden to mark the midfielder bit with the df he seems to be just as good defensively but more involved with the attack.
Great tweak!!

V3 with the defensive forward tweak is amazing for me. It seems to work better than manual marking purely because of the striker being more intelligent about his defending.
I was finding with manual marking that the left striker would be too late for most attacks as he was being overridden to mark the midfielder bit with the df he seems to be just as good defensively but more involved with the attack.
Great tweak!!

Thats what I found too. The defensive side of his game is more natural playing as a DF (D) than as a DLF with manual marking.

Glad you like it!

TFF - have you ever tested the left striker as a DF (D)? Its working great for me and means I don't have to set manual marking. Won the Championship 1st season with QPR with 117 points and currently top of the PL 2nd season in Jan.

May be worth other people trying it.

Bump.

Great tweak!!

How? I mean, with the V3 I tweak the tactic by setting the left striker as a DF(D) so I don't need to manual mark the opposition player?

Thanks in advance.

How? I mean, with the V3 I tweak the tactic by setting the left striker as a DF(D) so I don't need to manual mark the opposition player?

Thanks in advance.

Correct. It's working great for me.

TFF - have you ever tested the left striker as a DF (D)? Its working great for me and means I don't have to set manual marking. Won the Championship 1st season with QPR with 117 points and currently top of the PL 2nd season in Jan.

May be worth other people trying it.

Yes, mate, I've tested the left striker as DF(D) and there were only negatives to performance from that change.

DF(D) drops a bit deeper than DLF (S) but it's not enough and it's nowhere near to what the manual marking can give or AMC in the non manual marking tactic.

Also DF(D) sufficiently weakens the attack because his passing settings are "locked" at the very passing level and he ignores most of passing opportunities during the attack.

So with DF(D) your defense is much less efficient as it could be with the manual marking and your attack is much less efficient as it could be with DLF(S) and as result your performance drops.

Last edited:
ae62a1433b6fe9656483e7241bb86ae1.png

Can I make mirror formation? I mean change it in this way: left defender - attack, right defender - support, central midfielder on the left side of central midfield instead of right and right forward to do marking?

Can I make mirror formation? I mean change it in this way: left defender - attack, right defender - support, central midfielder on the left side of central midfield instead of right and right forward to do marking?

Yes, you can mirror the tactic but please notice if you are going to do that you need to mirror the whole tactic including all set pieces settings and also you need to "mirror" the manual marking.

Yes, you can mirror the tactic but please notice if you are going to do that you need to mirror the whole tactic including all set pieces settings and also you need to "mirror" the manual marking.

I just started Bayern save and would prefer Alaba to be attack duty and Lahm support one, should I bother or it doesn't matter?

Apologies if it has been answered before. I kept track of this thread till about 100 pages, then couldn't for a while. Was an overload version of this tactic released, incase this amazing setup fails to score till late in game?

Apologies if it has been answered before. I kept track of this thread till about 100 pages, then couldn't for a while. Was an overload version of this tactic released, incase this amazing setup fails to score till late in game?

As far as I remember TFF hasn't released any overload version of the tactic. :)

Yes, mate, I've tested the left striker as DF(D) and there were only negatives to performance from that change.

DF(D) drops a bit deeper than DLF (S) but it's not enough and it's nowhere near to what the manual marking can give or AMC in the non manual marking tactic.

Also DF(D) sufficiently weakens the attack because his passing settings are "locked" at the very passing level and he ignores most of passing opportunities during the attack.

So with DF(D) your defense is much less efficient as it could be with the manual marking and your attack is much less efficient as it could be with DLF(S) and as result your performance drops.

I'm surprised to read that as it has been working great for me, but who am I to argue with the great TFF ;)

I'm surprised to read that as it has been working great for me, but who am I to argue with the great TFF ;)

Heh... Mate, I don't doubt that it might work great for you because even if you make any changes to this tactic which decrease its perforce then it doesn't immediately transform this tactic into a bad tactic and you need to do a lot of bad changes to the tactic to make it performs really bad. :)

For example, with the original tactic and the manual marking you have 90% chances to win the match and when you change DLF(S) to DF(D) and don't use the manual marking then your chances to win the match drop to 70%.

As you can see you still have solid 70% chances on success and probably you even won't notice any difference.

In order to notice that difference you need to play about 300-400 matches and compare the data and I'm talking here not only about the goals and points. :)

Last edited:
Back