Prepared: The Aston Villa Guide

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 50K
But to be an even bigger *****, he still has Sidwell in the team there on the guide! great guide mate, fed up of trying to get Liverpool to work on 11.3 so just started a villa save roughly using your advice.

Re looking for a speedy right winger, I try never to buy the same players again on a different save so I can't get Gervinho, what do you think about Jonathan Legar, Mehdi Carcela or Roy Beerens for cheaper alternatives?

Approaching second season looking likely to finish 5-6th pushing for fourth tho with a possible fa cup or europa league... looking to seriously strenghten cbs with one top quality right winger and a ball playing dm, andy advice mate considering budgets for second season which are roughly what by the way :)?

Thinking of starting another Villa save now my exams are done, and after my last crashed. What do you recommend doing with Gabby in my 4-2-3-1? Can he make it as a winger/inside forward of sorts, with Young in the whole.

Hello all.

First up great guide.

Anyway after a self imposed FM exile for a few months I've decided to return to the game and my beloved Villa thanks in no small part to the madness of this summer's goings on IRL.

So I've set up a game and updated Villa to get rid of the turncoats and bring in Given and Nzogbia and plan to do exactly what Mcleish will have to do in real life, namely balance the books and bring through the yoof.

I've decided to plump for a 41221 counteracting system with Delph, Ireland and Makoun as my engine room, Nzogbia as a winger out left and Gabby on the right with Albrighton as back up. However I'm having trouble fitting Gabby in on the AMR position. His pace is unbelievable so I want him tucking in and almost acting as a second striker, especially on the break, but can't seem to get him working. Can anyone recommend any good settings?

Also, I plan to do a bit of a Barcelona and implement the same formation across all levels, and start to train up the yoof so in future I can have more technical players. So with that in mind is anyone a few seasons in and can let me know whether there are any gems in the rough to look out for? I have hopes for Bannan and Albrighton but wondered if the likes of Gary Gardner (who's hotly tipped IRL) came good after a few seasons?

I know i'm in for the long haul and have no doubt that given the flimsy squad depth the first few seasons will prove hard going, but hopefully will be able to report back on my work as it progresses.

Cheers and most importantly remmeber...UPTV SOTC

i've started villa save today using 11.3 database, so far bent scoring skill been ****, i dont know what to do with him. using 4-2-3-1. i start with 0 transfer budget option but managed to ****** park by persuading the board.

excellent

This is a fabulous guide, just finished reading the whole thing, thanks very much.
How do you fit Gabby and Bent into 4231 formation?
Just about to start a new game. Incidentally, in a previous game I bought Darren Gibson from Man U and he was awesome in pre season, also Daniel Carrico centre back from Sporting CP has started really well

This is a fabulous guide, just finished reading the whole thing, thanks very much.
How do you fit Gabby and Bent into 4231 formation?
Just about to start a new game. Incidentally, in a previous game I bought Darren Gibson from Man U and he was awesome in pre season, also Daniel Carrico centre back from Sporting CP has started really well

I've found Bent as a poacher is immense and scores goals for fun up top.

I play 41221 but having similar problems fitting Gabby on the wings. he should be able to play as an Inside Forward and I've found I get my best performances from him on the left cutting inside often and joining up with Bent.

ok thanks. I have another query. I have started a new game and have a straight choice to buy one of the following midfielders:
Arda Turan, Mathias Fernandez, Steven Defour or Thiago Neves, though Neves wouldnt join til January. Can anyone give me some advice on which is the best please??

ok thanks. I have another query. I have started a new game and have a straight choice to buy one of the following midfielders:
Arda Turan, Mathias Fernandez, Steven Defour or Thiago Neves, though Neves wouldnt join til January. Can anyone give me some advice on which is the best please??

It really depends on what style you play /want to play.

I must admit I don't have a wealth of experience with all players but have found Fernandez to be absolutely immense before.

On a similar note can anyone offer any advice on getting central midfielders to score? I have two in a 41221 and whilst the strikers are scoring for fun the midfielders are barely chipping in at all.

I Say jimmy hampson is a great scout He works for west ham

Back