Prepared: The Aston Villa Guide

Good luck with your final games, hope you get the Champion's League places it's a fantastic achievement for Villa.

I generally seem to do well against Arsenal and Man Utd. Are you still using my tactic?

Good luck with your final games, hope you get the Champion's League places it's a fantastic achievement for Villa.

I generally seem to do well against Arsenal and Man Utd. Are you still using my tactic?

I did use your tactic, unfortunately my CB's didn't turn up against Arsenal and I lost 3-1 and only managed a draw against Man Utd finishing 5th in the league.

Made a lot of movement in the Transfer window so far; picked up some awesome deals, unfortunatly I had to let a lot of high earners go on free at the end of last season:

Transfers:
In:
Carlo Pinsoglio - £22k (Young GK, could be a good prospect)
Yann M'Vila - £3.3m (Awesome deal :D)
Gary Cahill - £5.5m
Junior Stanislas - £6.5m
Guilmero Ochoa - £3.1m
Juan Forlin - £3.2m
Mattia Destro - Loan to Buy
Emiliano Insua - £3.0m
Nedum Onuoha - £2.8m
Zezinho - £0 (Joins in Jan)
Sofiane Feghouli - £775k

Out:
Shane Lowry - £2m
Robert Pires - Free
Luke Young - Free
Moustapha Salifou - Free
Brad Guzan - Free
Brad Friedel - Free
Andy Marshall - Free
Nigel Reo-Coker - Free
Chris Herd - Free
James Collins - Free
Elliot Parish - Free
Jonathan Hogg - Free
Curtis Davies - Free (At. Madrid)
Daniel Devine - Free
Stylian Petrov - £1.5m
Carlos Cuellar - £4.8m

Current Squad:
GK: Guillermero Ochoa
GK: Alex Smithies

DR: Michael Chretien
DR: Dennis Appiah

CB: Gary Cahill
CB: Richard Dunne
CB: Juan Forlin
CB: Ciaran Clark
CB: Nedum Onuoha

DL: Stephen Warnock
DL: Fabian Monzon
DL: Emiliano Insua

DMC: Yann M'Vila
DMC: Anthony Annan

DLP: Jack Rodwell
DLP: Steven N'Zonzi

B2B: Milan Badelj
B2B: Lukman Haruna

AML: Ashley Young
AML: Stewart Downing

AMR: Junior Stanislas
AMR: Sofiane Feghouli
AMR: Marc Albrighton

FWD: Gabby Agbonlahor
FWD: Nathan Delfouneso
FWD: Leigh Griffith
FWD: Mattia Destro

Hopefully I can get closer to the Champions League this time...

And just to keep this kinda on topic; Steven N'Zonzi makes a great January Purchase (I've never been able to get him in the first window) For £1.1m he can play in any of the 3 central midfield roles (His first game as Box 2 Box he scored an amazing solo goal against Man Utd in the cup)

what is the currently the best tactic for aston villa to download. Something like the 4-2-3-1 mentioned in the guide (great guide)

Playing a villa save following your guide and am currently 1st in league on 24th October.I have only concede 1 goal so far and am undefeated!!!!:D Currently winning all my games and young, gabby, cuellar, dunne and friedal have been AWESOME! :D
Have uploaded screenshots, What do you think?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=123719&stc=1&d=1294772850
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=123720&stc=1&d=1294772850

Last edited:
how do yous all play gabby agbonlahor up front on his own??

ps cracking guide just started with villa so alot of help cheers

how do yous all play gabby agbonlahor up front on his own??

ps cracking guide just started with villa so alot of help cheers

Poacher or Advanced Forward - I prefer Poacher. Target man supply - Run onto ball.

Inter want Elia, will probably leave since he keeps complaining and he has an £18m release clause. On the hunt for a replacement if/when they bid for him, any ideas? Would prefer someone young, and they must be pacey. So far I'm considering Lucas (The Sao Paolo one), James Rodriguez, Yohan Mollo, Emilio Nsue, Matias Ezequiel Schelotto, Ryad Boudebouz.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on any of those? Leaning towards Lucas, Rodriguez as an Inside Forward or Schelotto for his physicals.

nice guide which i may use cos im thinking of starting with villa

Inter want Elia, will probably leave since he keeps complaining and he has an £18m release clause. On the hunt for a replacement if/when they bid for him, any ideas? Would prefer someone young, and they must be pacey. So far I'm considering Lucas (The Sao Paolo one), James Rodriguez, Yohan Mollo, Emilio Nsue, Matias Ezequiel Schelotto, Ryad Boudebouz.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on any of those? Leaning towards Lucas, Rodriguez as an Inside Forward or Schelotto for his physicals.

Lewis Holtby/Marko Marin?

Xherdan Shaqiri.

wow even though I don't manage aston villa I thought i would read this guide and i must say great job!

Bent, Makoun and Walker on loan now? I knew I should have started this save in the update patch.

Brilliant guide mate, i was thinking of being Villa what with the signing of Bent and Makoun. Im sure this guide will help me out. Good job dude!!!

This is brilliant mate really helpful. But do u reckon Michel Bastos wld be a good sighning

Last edited:
Bent, Makoun and Walker on loan now? I knew I should have started this save in the update patch.

Yeah, I know what you mean. As soon as that patch is available I'm starting a new Villa game. Although I'm struggling to think of what formation to play... 2 uptop with Gabby/Fonz playing off of Bent or a single striker with Young/Ireland behind him, still it looks like the start of a strong side either way:

------------------------|Friedel|----------------------
Warnock------Cuellar------Dunne------Walker
-----------------Makoun------Petrov--------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Downing----------------Young-------Albrighton
-----------------------------Bent----------------------

Or

-------------------------|Friedel|-----------------------
Warnock------Cuellar------Dunne--------Walker
---------------------------------------------------------
---------------Bannan-------Makoun---------------
Young------------------------------------Albrighton