Prepared: The Aston Villa Guide

Mate do you edit Albrighton and Bannan and what attributes do you edit?I want to make them as far realistic as I can...I gave Albrighton 16 for crossing and boosted his speed and Bannan 16 for passing....Here is a screenshot of Alb so what do you think?It's annoying how underrated he is in FM imo...sorry for off topic
View attachment 130906

Cheers for this guide. Just finished my first season as Aston Villa and guided them to a Champions League position. Challenged for the title right up to the last day too.

Mate do you edit Albrighton and Bannan and what attributes do you edit?I want to make them as far realistic as I can...I gave Albrighton 16 for crossing and boosted his speed and Bannan 16 for passing....Here is a screenshot of Alb so what do you think?It's annoying how underrated he is in FM imo...sorry for off topic

Yeah, that's more or less what I do when I play single player (I play net a lot nowadays) but I have my own database where I do editing so it all balances out.

can anyone tell me why in my game everyone is ridiculusly pricey?
e.g.
Alexis Sanchez, the guide says i can get him for 10mil, they want 52mil for him,
Gervinho, the guide again says 10mil, they want 26mil for him,
Van der wiel, the guide again says 10mil, they want 22.5mil for him,
Andrea Poli, they want 33.5mil for him,
Clint Dempsey, they want 21.5mil for him,
and all other offers are rejected, e.g. 20mil rejected for de silvestri (i wouldnt of payed 20mil for him, just testing the boundries)

Anyone have any ideas? (Im using discs and original version)

Just a few notes on 11.3 (that Ive seen so far)

McAllister's Report:
TeamReport.jpg

Budgets:
Finance.jpg

Backroom Advice:
VillaBackroom.jpg

Also the board kept blocking my attempts to kick McAllister outta the club; don't know if its just me but be a little wary of it.

Last edited:
hey guys, im now couple of days away from january transfer window,i am 4th in the league and i would like to stay there but Ireland and L.Young are the weakest links in my team so i woulg like to sing some1 better in that positions MC and DR, for MC i would like a great playmaker that will score from time to time like hamsik or pastore, and for a DR i would want some1 who is big and strong not some1 who is light and pacey who do u think should i sign,thnx in advance.
PS money is not problem beacouse i will use mon.inst.

OP updated with a few bits and bobs from 11.3

View attachment 130906

What skin is that? its awesome

Quick question guys anybody can answer it, how did you centre the Aston Villa logo? I'm trying to make a Spurs guide and i can't centre the team logo...

Brilliant guide, i always play as Villa and having Youngs ability and Agbonlahors amazing pace you know you are capable of beating every team if you get them to play well and hopefully this guide will help me do that. Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I usually bid quite a way under their value so and leave the offer 'negotiable' so that they come back and offer me a price around or just over their actual value. if you offer loads to start off with they seem to take the **** and ask for way too much than their worth.

Great. I thought about starting a new save with Villa, and then this came along :)

Great guide
I started a villa game cause I was so impressed at the guide. I enjoy it alot. I'm 5th halfway through my 1st season. I got Benzema on loan and sucking up to him so he can stay on a permanent bases, he is top scorer for the team and he is fantastic. Bannan is an absolute monster and Albrighton is also fantastic. I brought in John Fleck on loan and he is also fantastic. I play a 4-1-2-2-1. My 2 central mids attack and my wingbacks are also attacking. Kyle Walker is another player I absolutely love. I need a new goalkeeper and maybe a center mid. I sold bent to ManU .... too Drastic, maybe but it frees up some money to maybe get Benzema

Hello...iv'e got FM2011 and I started an Aston Villa fm last night, however it gave me 18m to spend *CONFUSED*! I don't quite understand this now because you say you have 5m isn't it? And no-one else has said about it as far as I can see from a quick glance at the comments. I know its obviously good for me to have 18m but I don't get it, where has the extra 13m come from, surely villa dont have a money tree?!

Hello...iv'e got FM2011 and I started an Aston Villa fm last night, however it gave me 18m to spend *CONFUSED*! I don't quite understand this now because you say you have 5m isn't it? And no-one else has said about it as far as I can see from a quick glance at the comments. I know its obviously good for me to have 18m but I don't get it, where has the extra 13m come from, surely villa dont have a money tree?!

GC is a slacker and hasn't updated the guide for 11.3, so the information is all 11.2 related.

ohh haha, I wondered why the budget was so small! I havent started any saves with the lastest or even any updates such as the 11.2 or 11.3 because my fm crashes when I try! But I don't mind sticking to the orignal database as from 2010 :p got a few great fm's with it...thankyou for pointing it out to me! :D

Hi great guide.. so far my team is a s follows please let me know what u think and if it needs improving before start of season!

enyeama
naughton dunne cuellar taiwo
makoun reo coker

albrighton hazard(loan) young
bent

Trying to sign hoilett for right amc.. playing hazard as trequartista, young inside foward, albrighton winger..

playing deep on fluid and counter attacking football while quite wide to exploit speed on flanks.. any ideas?

GC is a slacker and hasn't updated the guide for 11.3, so the information is all 11.2 related.

Ahem, if you'd notice, you *****, I did update it. ;) Which is why...

ohh haha, I wondered why the budget was so small! I havent started any saves with the lastest or even any updates such as the 11.2 or 11.3 because my fm crashes when I try! But I don't mind sticking to the orignal database as from 2010 :p got a few great fm's with it...thankyou for pointing it out to me! :D

That's why. In the original, Villa don't have the likes of Bent and Makoun, but have more money.

Hi great guide.. so far my team is a s follows please let me know what u think and if it needs improving before start of season!

enyeama
naughton dunne cuellar taiwo
makoun reo coker

albrighton hazard(loan) young
bent

Trying to sign hoilett for right amc.. playing hazard as trequartista, young inside foward, albrighton winger..

playing deep on fluid and counter attacking football while quite wide to exploit speed on flanks.. any ideas?

Very good team you have there, actually, can't think of any obvious weak points there.