Preston North End - The English De Toekomst

View attachment 623248

Season Two

Youth Intake

View attachment 365425

View attachment 365424

As you can see, once again we failed to bring in good youth players on youth intake day so will be looking elsewhere in pre-season to improve our youth set up. The two best rated players, if you could call them that, are shown below followed by my plan to improve the set up and get the best youth players from Lancashire into my academy.

View attachment 365423

View attachment 365422

My Plan

1. Become the most reputable side in Lancashire.
2. Take the best players from other sides in Lancashire.
3. Improve youth recruitment to a high standard.
4. Improve junior coaching to a high standard.
5. Bring in players from abroad for a small fee and develop their talents.
6. Improve the youth facilities to an extremely high standard like Ajax.

Due to lack of finances I was unable to agree deals to bring in other players so will be using pre-season to do that.​

View attachment 623344

Season Two

End of Season Update

View attachment 365388

Player of the Year

Joe Garner

View attachment 365387

Young Player of the Year

Adil Nabi

View attachment 365386

View attachment 365388

View attachment 365385

4th - Lost in Play-Off Semi Final

View attachment 365383

Semi-Final First Leg - Crystal Palace [A]

View attachment 365382

Look at Bailey Wright's average rating, awful!

Semi-Final Second Leg - Crystal Palace [H]

View attachment 365380

View attachment 365388

View attachment 365379

6th Round - L 1-4 v Tottenham [A]

View attachment 365378

View attachment 365388

View attachment 623371

2nd Round - L 0-3 v Hull [A]

View attachment 365377

View attachment 365388

Two seasons down and we're doing okay. Is everyone happy with the updates or do you want more detail about the youth teams?

Thinking of doing a more extensive End of Season review next season and seeing what people prefer.​

Good first season back in the Championship! Another season in the Championship will probably be good for the development of some of the young players, have any of the regens you brought in played much of a part in the first team this year?

Good first season back in the Championship! Another season in the Championship will probably be good for the development of some of the young players, have any of the regens you brought in played much of a part in the first team this year?

Cheers mate!

Yeah I've used four of them this season and I've put them stats and attributes below:

Most impressive so far is Jason Dickens and I'm using Ambrosini to tutor him so I'm hoping he can produce next season for me!

View attachment 624890

Season Three

New Signing Press Conference

View attachment 364752

12.55pm

View attachment 364751

View attachment 364752

1.00pm

View attachment 364748

View attachment 364752

1:05pm

Stephen Watson (PNE Press Officer)

"Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to Deepdale for our press conference to announce our new signing. As many of you have seen on Twitter, Peter Crouch has joined Preston North End on a one year deal. Please welcome him, our manager Michael Henson and chairman Trevor Hemmings."

View attachment 624905

Phil Cunliffe (BBC Radio Lancashire)
"Michael, how pleased are you to bring in a former England international?"

Michael Henson
"I'm extremely pleased that we have been able to bring in Peter ahead of the upcoming season. He will add more quality to the squad as well as leading the line for us. Both him and Kevin Davies will also be able to tutor our younger players and pass on their Premier League knowledge to them, they'll also be able to do their coaching badges during our time with the club."

Paul Wheelock (Lancashire Telegraph)
"Peter, what made you choose Preston North End instead of any other club?"

Peter Crouch
"When I first heard that Preston and Michael were interested in me I travelled straight up here to meet Michael and Trevor to discuss their plans. Michael has some big plans for the club and he's starting at the bottom by improving the academy and moving up through the ranks to the first team and I believe we'll be in the Premier League in the next two seasons. During my time at the club I'll be working closely with teams from U10s to U16s to get my coaching badges and following my retirement I'll be a coach for the U18s."

Rosie Swarbick (Lancashire Evening Post)
"My question is for Trevor. Do you worry that a player of this calibre will affect the finances of the club by being on big wages?"

Trevor Hemmings
"Absolutely not. Peter is only our highest earner by a few hundred pounds and since the announcement of him signing we've had a number of orders for shirts with his name on the back. We'll make a lot more money from merchandise sales and sponsors wanting to be associated with Peter than a normal signing so will not lose money from paying his wages."

Peter Stevenson (Sky Sports News)
"Mine's a two part question for both Michael and Peter. What are your personal aims for the season?"

Michael Henson
"My personal aim is to achieve another play-off position like last season. We overachieved last season and I was delighted by that but now we are under pressure to get into the play-offs again. On an individual achievement note, I'd like to win more Manager of the Month awards and the big prize of Manager of the Year."

Peter Crouch
"I've not had the best couple of seasons with Stoke goal wise so I'd like to find my goalscoring boots again and hit double figures. Maybe my best years are behind me but I think I still have my goalscoring attributes."

Stephen Watson (PNE Press Officer)
"One final question now, we'll go with Adrian Durham from Talksport"

Adrian Durham (Talksport)
"Thanks Stephen, my question is for the chairman Trevor Hemmings. What is your opinion on Michael as a manager as he seems to be asking for a lot of money to improve the facilities here."

Trevor Hemmings
"I think Michael is a great manager and he will become one of the greats eventually. He's a young manager after his career was cut short through knee injuries and I was delighted he chose us over a number of clubs in Europe who were after his services. Although we will be spending a lot of money on improving the facilities here, we believe it will be worth it in the long run and we'll be able to produce excellent young players to sell off for a large profit."

View attachment 364752

Apologies for the graphics, not the best but I thought it would be something different!

View attachment 625542

Season Three

Summer Transfer Window Update

View attachment 364476

View attachment 364475

With a lack of money last season towards youth intake day, I've decided to not spend any of my transfer budget so that this season I'll be able to bring in more youth players around March time. Four players have been brought into the club without a penny being spent on transfer fees, three loans and one free transfer. Our partnership with Manchester United finally became useful as they sent two of their hottest prospects to us for game time as Mario Pugliese and Guillermo Varela joined on loan until the end of the season. Another loan from another Premier League side followed when Adam Campbell joined on loan until the end of the season and will be one of our key players by leading the front three with his pace. To complete our transfer activity Peter Crouch was signed on a free transfer.

Mario Pugliese

View attachment 364472

Guillermo Varela

View attachment 364471

Adam Campbell

View attachment 364470

Peter Crouch

View attachment 364469

View attachment 364476

View attachment 364468

View attachment 364467

For the second season in a row we were beaten 2-1 by Ipswich on the opening day and that was extremely disappointing after taking the lead early on. After that defeat we won 6 games in a row, four in the league and two in the cup. I'm pleased with the progression in the Capital One Cup as it means we have extra income compared to last season. I'm using the competition to give chances to my younger players and they've been extremely impressive by scoring six goals and conceding none. Despite our opening day loss we are 2nd in the league behind Blackburn after four impressive wins, the most impressive against recently promoted Leyton Orient.

View attachment 364476

Key Player

View attachment 364466

It's like having a new signing after Antonio was promoted from the U21s at the start of the season. He's scored four goals in five league appearances and, at only 17, it looks like he'll go on to become one of the best players at the club if he develops in the right way.​

Enjoying this story a lot, hope you keep it up. :)

View attachment 627880

Season Three

Winter Transfer Update

View attachment 363439

It was a very quiet transfer window for me as no players joined or left the club as I saved money for youth intake day to bring in some of the brightest prospects in the world. I also left money to put into the wage budget as it will allow me to extend contracts of the younger players that have been featuring for the first team as they will be asking for a high increase in wages.

The only activity at the club was to agree a deal with a Greek youngster to join in the summer after his contract expires at his current club. Zois Pappas has been a transfer target of mine for a while but we could never agree a fee for him so to get him on a free transfer is an excellent piece of business.

View attachment 363438

View attachment 363439

View attachment 363437

View attachment 363436

We've now gone back to 1st in the league and are now six points clear at the top from Ipswich in 2nd after remaining unbeaten in the league. January was a superb month for us in the league and the highlight would have to be the 5-2 win over Bournemouth as it showed what we are capable of by dominating the majority of the game and taking our chances. We've also progressed in the FA Cup this month by beating both Millwall and Carlisle at Deepdale. I'm targeting another good FA Cup run to boost the coffers to increase our balance ahead of an important few months.

View attachment 627892

Season Three

Youth Intake

View attachment 363435

View attachment 363434

Once again another disappointing youth intake but we did manage to get one player in that got me interested. John Wilson is a young American midfielder and his attributes are available below. I've also agreed to bring in a 15 year old French right back from Auxerre and his name is Florian Royer. We've already got Colin Bell for the right back slot in the future but it will be good to have some competition for him and if Royer flops we can always sell him for a profit.

View attachment 363433

View attachment 363432

View attachment 363435

News

View attachment 363431

Unlucky with Brownhill mate, you're flying in the league though! Like the look of that Greek striker, needs some tutoring to get that determination stat up though.

Unlucky with Brownhill mate, you're flying in the league though! Like the look of that Greek striker, needs some tutoring to get that determination stat up though.

Yeah was very disappointed when Brownhill got injured as it could affect the value of him once he's returned.

League form is excellent, just about to play last few games so hopefully have another update soon!

Pappas is a fantastic prospect. His determination is quite low so that's why I've kept Kevin Davies and Peter Crouch to tutor him as they have brilliant mental stats.

Thanks for reading mate!

Great form in the league mate, hopefully your intakes will improve in the future seasons.