Preston North End - The English De Toekomst

View attachment 363193

The 2016/17 Premier League fixtures have been released this morning and we kick off our campaign at Deepdale against Fulham on the 13th August. Our first away game of the season sees us make the short trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool whilst our last away game is against Premier League champions Tottenham. On the final day of the season we take on Manchester City at Deepdale. Other key games during the season are listed below:

29th October - Manchester United [H]
10th January - Liverpool [H]
18th February - Arsenal [H]
11th March - Chelsea [H]

View attachment 363194

Will be interesting to see your transfers this season. Good luck in the Prem

View attachment 629072

Season Four

Summer Transfer Window Update

View attachment 362917

View attachment 362916

Transfers

View attachment 362914

Ten players were brought into the club ahead of our first season back in the highest division in England and, as you see, we brought someone in on Deadline Day which will be announced soon. First up was the transfer of Florian Royer that was already confirmed before the transfer window was open, he joins from Auxerre and will spend the upcoming season in the U18s. Mario Pugliese rejoins PNE on another year long loan deal from Manchester United despite the affiliation between the clubs ending over the summer. Another transfer that was already confirmed before the window was open was Zois Pappas moving on a free transfer after his contract expired at Atromitos. He'll be a key player for us this season and, at only 19, he'll develop into a fantastic player which can be sold on for profit. Two strikers then joined the club for a combined fee of £250,000 although one of them was a free transfer. Mahmoud Majid Abbas is a striker from Iraq with a sensational goalscoring record at international level whilst Esmael Goncalves is a striker with plenty of pace and joins from Estoril in Portugal. With Scott Fox moving to Spurs for £1.3m we needed to bring in two goalkeepers, one for the number one spot and one for backup. Przemyslaw Tyton will become our #1 goalkeeper for the next couple of seasons as he joins on a free following the expiration of his contract at PSV whilst Ibrahima Sy moves on a year long loan from Marseille to be backup for him. I broke the transfer record at the club for an incoming player when we spent £6.5m on 16 year old Jawad Tran, £4m upfront and £2.5m over a period of time and he'll be one of the best midfielders in the world one day. Finally Kristjan Cretnik was brought in from Maribor for £400,000. He's another right back but I'm hopeful he'll develop to a high level and be good backup due to his size.

Florian Royer

View attachment 362908

Mario Pugliese

View attachment 362907

Zois Pappas

View attachment 362906

Mahmoud Majid Abbas

View attachment 362905

Esmael Goncalves

View attachment 362904

Przemyslaw Tyton

View attachment 362903

Jawad Tran

View attachment 362902

Ibrahima Sy

View attachment 362901

Kristjan Cretnik

View attachment 362900

View attachment 362917

View attachment 362899

View attachment 362898

It's been a mixed bag of results in August as it started out with a 2-2 draw at home against Fulham but it was a pleasing result after being 2-0 down at one point. That was followed by a 7 goal thriller at Anfield as we lost 4-3 but it was a cracking game, as you can see below, even though we lost late on after being 3-2 up. We then won two games in a row, the first a win over Accrington Stanley in the Capital One Cup before getting our first league win of the season against Southampton.

View attachment 362885

View attachment 362917

Key Player

View attachment 362884

View attachment 362917

News

View attachment 362883

I was offered the role of England U21s manager but it was swiftly turned down so I can concentrate on achieving my goals at PNE.​

View attachment 629209

Season Four

New Signing Press Conference

View attachment 362855

11.55am

The newly refurbished media room at Deepdale is ready and waiting for manager Michael Henson and his new signing. Media organisations have packed into the room and we'll be expecting them in around 5 minutes time.

View attachment 362854

View attachment 362855

12.00pm

View attachment 362852

View attachment 362851

View attachment 362855

12.05pm

Michael Henson

"Hello and welcome to the press conference to announce our new signing. As many of you will be aware by now, we have signed Ciro Immobile on a deal until June 2020. I'd also like to take this moment to announce that I have signed a new deal with the club and will be hear until at least June 2020 as well."

View attachment 362850

Vinny O'Connor (Sky Sports News)
"Michael, how pleasing is it for you to pull off a deal like this and bring in a highly rated striker to a newly promoted club?"

Michael Henson
"I'm extremely pleased to have pulled off a deal to sign Ciro as he is a fantastic striker. I'm very surprised that he was released by Torino but after speaking to him it seems that he may have had some problems with their management team in the past. He'll be able to keep the club in the Premier League just by himself as he will score a lot of goals this season."

Paul Wheelock (Lancashire Telegraph)
"Ciro, I know your English isn't the best but why did you choose Preston North End?"
"Ciro, so che il vostro inglese non è la migliore, ma perché hai scelto Preston North End?"

Ciro Immobile
"I'm very happy to be here at Preston. I chose them because they have big ambitions and a good set up here. Michael is a good manager and will lead the club to big things."
"Sono molto felice di essere qui a Preston. Li ho scelto perché hanno grandi ambizioni e un buon set up qui. Michael è un buon manager e porterà il club a grandi cose."

Stan Collymore (Talksport)
"My question is to both of you. What can Ciro bring to the club that a young English striker can't?"
"La mia domanda è per entrambi. Cosa può Ciro portare al club che un giovane attaccante inglese non può?"

Michael Henson
"Ciro is already an accomplished striker with a great goal record. I know that if I throw him into any game, he'll more than likely score a goal. He won't need a high level of training to become a proven goalscorer as he already is one. A young English striker, Paul Smith for example, will need a few years training and tutoring to develop fully to then become a proven goalscorer."

Ciro Immobile
"I can score goals in any game. I've proven in my home country that I'm a goalscorer and now I'm looking forward to scoring in the English league. I'm better than any English striker."
"Posso segnare gol in qualsiasi gioco. Ho dimostrato nel mio paese che io sono un goleador e adesso non vedo l'ora al gol nel campionato inglese. Sono meglio di qualsiasi attaccante inglese."

Rosie Swarbick (Lancashire Evening Post)
"Michael, it will be Preston's first season back in the Premier League for a while. Can Ciro fire you to a mid-table finish in your first year back?"

Michael Henson
"Absolutely, without a doubt. He'll definitely be up there at the end of the season in the goalscoring ranks with the likes of Luis Suarez etc. I'm just hoping that he won't live up to his name and be useless!"

View attachment 362849

Dan Walker (BBC Sport)
"You've just extended your contract until 2020, what do you plan on doing between now and then?"

Michael Henson
"I've got four seasons to plan so I'm hoping that we can at least be in Europe by then but I'm not too fussed whether that is the Europa League or Champions League. Also I'd like to win a domestic cup, preferably the FA Cup. My aim for the academy is to achieve a Level 1 status and be producing a high number of young players each year to sell on for a large profit."

View attachment 362855

You can now purchase the 2016/17 kit with new signing Ciro Immobile on the back of the shirts.

View attachment 362848

As a Preston fan this story is like my dream :'). Keep up the good work.

View attachment 629579

Season Four

Mid Season Update

View attachment 362695

View attachment 362694

View attachment 362693

View attachment 362692

Wow, what a start to the Premier League campaign! Apart from the opening day we haven't drawn a league game and we've been playing some exciting football. It seems that when we lose a league game we go on a three game losing streak before getting back to winning ways and that has happened twice already this campaign. Some of the defeats have been very frustrating as well as we've been in the lead before collapsing against Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City. However I can't fault the team for their efforts and we currently lie 3rd in the league. If you remember our first season in the Championship we did something similar but this time I can't see it continuing to the end of the season.

View attachment 362695

View attachment 629591

View attachment 362690

We met the boards expectation of getting through to the Fourth Round before crashing out to oil rich Manchester City - another game where we in the lead and through it away! I used this competition to play my youngsters and I will continue to do so in seasons to come as it's a great way to get some first team experience.

View attachment 362695

View attachment 362689

View attachment 362688

Our campaign starts in a few days against Middlesbrough and I'll be using my rotation players and young players for the game as I'm going to prioritise the league from now on.

View attachment 362695

Key Players

View attachment 362687 View attachment 362686 View attachment 362685

View attachment 362695

News

View attachment 362684

We signed Elias Abdulla on a free transfer to improve the squad and he's a very capable defensive midfielder. It will also improve our popularity in Bahrain and hopefully bring in some more merchandise sales.​

View attachment 630299

Season Four

Winter Transfer Window Update

View attachment 362378

Transfers

View attachment 362377

Another quiet winter transfer window for the club as we only brought in one player and it was a left back to provide competition for Scott Laird as we didn't have any previously. 18 year old Fabio Goncalves joined from Flamengo for £3m and will be one to watch for the future as he has the potential to become one of the best left backs in the world. You can see his attributes below:

Fabio Goncalves

View attachment 362367

We also agreed two deals with players to come in to the club in the future when they reach 18 and when their contract expires at their current club. The first is Diego Vittor from Argentinian club Sportivo Belgrano and he will join at the start of the 2018/19 season after he reaches the age of 18. He looks a decent prospect and will be used in the U21s to help him settle in. The second is Aly Abdel Rahman and he will join on a free transfer following the expiration of his contract at Feyenoord. He was a target of mine a few years ago but chose Feyenoord over us.

Diego Vittor

View attachment 362356

Aly Abdel Rahman

View attachment 362355

View attachment 362378

View attachment 362354

View attachment 362353

We didn't have the best of months as we only won one game in January which was quite disappointing. We're out of the FA Cup as well but we player our young players and it was heading for a replay until Middlesbrough scored a late winner, a screenshot of the game is available below. We have a habit of conceding last minute winners and we did the same in the game against Liverpool, again a screenshot is available below. With us out of the domestic cups it means we can now concentrate on our league so I'm hoping for a strong finish.

View attachment 362351 View attachment 362350

View attachment 362378

News

View attachment 362352

View attachment 630385

Season Four

Youth Intake

View attachment 362341

View attachment 362332

Not the best youth intake (again!) and it's getting quite frustrating now. I've practically begged the board to improve the youth facilities and they've eventually listened so I'm hoping in the next year or so we'll get a player that can become a decent level Premier League player in the future. The best two players with the highest potential report from my assistant are shown below.

View attachment 362331 View attachment 362330

Once again I went abroad to find some young players that will improve my youth teams and I've found two prospects in Denmark and Brazil. The first is Jesper Gronning from AaB in Denmark and he is a 15 year old centre back that will slot nicely into my U18 side for the next couple of seasons. The second player is Diego Henrique who will join from Fluminese once the transfer window opens. He'll be 18 when he joins so will spend a season with the U21s before being exposed to regular first team football.

Jesper Gronning

View attachment 362329

Diego Henrique

View attachment 362328

Great story, one of the best I've read, got detail but it's simple at the same time and you're making some strong progress, will be following

View attachment 630595

Season Four

End of Season Update

View attachment 362249

Player Stats

View attachment 362248

Player of the Year

View attachment 362247

Young Player of the Year

View attachment 362246

View attachment 362249

View attachment 362245

View attachment 362244

View attachment 362243

The team seems to like finishing 4th in their first year back in divisions as it happened in the first season back in the Championship as well! I still can't believe we finished 4th in the Premier League in our first season back but the results in the final third of the campaign were fantastic, especially the final day thrashing of Manchester City which is shown below! The results against Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal were also quite astonishing and it was all down to Ciro Immobile that we finished quite high in the league, like I predicted earlier on in the season. We didn't qualify for the Champions League, despite finishing in 4th, as Tottenham beat Real Madrid in the Champions League final and therefore get automatic qualification into the competition. I think Europe might be a step too far for the club though as I intended on building a good squad before trying to get into a continental competition.

View attachment 362238

View attachment 362249

View attachment 362239

View attachment 362237

As discussed in the Winter Transfer Window update, the FA Cup run was cut short due to a last minute winner for Middlesbrough in the Third Round. I fielded a team full of youngsters due to a congestion in league fixtures and it backfired. I'm hoping in the next season that the youngsters will be able to beat smaller teams with ease.

View attachment 362249

View attachment 630625

View attachment 362235

We met the boards expectation of getting to the Fourth Round of the competition before being beaten by Manchester City. We collapsed after going two goals up and it was disappointing but hopefully the younger players learnt from their mistakes. Next season I'll still use them for the competition.

View attachment 362249

U21s

View attachment 362233

View attachment 362232

View attachment 362231

U18s

View attachment 362230

View attachment 362229

View attachment 362249

News

View attachment 362227

View attachment 362226

View attachment 362225

View attachment 362224

View attachment 362223

View attachment 362221

View attachment 362220

View attachment 362219

View attachment 362218

View attachment 362216

View attachment 362215

View attachment 362214

View attachment 634003

Season Five

Summer Transfer Window Update

View attachment 360751

Transfers

View attachment 360750

Diego Henrique

View attachment 360747

Jesper Gronning

View attachment 360746

Aly Abdel Rahman

View attachment 360745

Jordan Kean

View attachment 360743

Hedwiges Maduro

View attachment 360742

Kristiyan Dimov

View attachment 360741

David Moreno

View attachment 360740

Aivaras Saulenas

View attachment 360739

Ben Green

View attachment 360738

Andrea Ortelli

View attachment 360737

Jan Meszaros

View attachment 360736

Ibrahima Sy

View attachment 360735

Aske Beck

View attachment 360734

Failed Transfer Target

View attachment 360643

Had the chance to confirm the signing of him for £4.5m but decided against it last minute!

View attachment 360751

View attachment 360733

View attachment 360732

As you can see we didn't have the best of starts to the second season of our Premier League adventure and we are rock bottom heading into the international break. There's only been two games played but it's still very disappointing. The defeat against Swansea was very annoying as our new goalkeeper had a nightmare so he was placed in the U21s and former loanee Ibrahima Sy was brought in on a free transfer after his Marseille contract expired.

View attachment 360751

News

View attachment 360644

View attachment 635022

Season Five

Mid Season Update

View attachment 360254

View attachment 360242

View attachment 360241

View attachment 360240

After an initial bad start, the win against Cardiff gave the team some confidence and we put in some impressive performances after that. Most impressive result during the time period would be the last gasp winner against Manchester City in December as we haven't had the best of luck against them in the past few seasons.

View attachment 360254

View attachment 360233

View attachment 360232

View attachment 360254

View attachment 635075

View attachment 360227

For the season second in a row Manchester City knocked us out in the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup. Once again I used the competition to play my younger players whilst City decided to use their first team and, as you can see, the gulf in class showed.

View attachment 360254

View attachment 360226

View attachment 360225

View attachment 360224

View attachment 360223

View attachment 360222

View attachment 360254

News

View attachment 360221

View attachment 360220

View attachment 360219

View attachment 360217

View attachment 635212

Season Five

Winter Transfer Window Update

View attachment 360178

Transfers

Diego Ardente

View attachment 360177

A very quiet transfer window for PNE as we only brought one player in and it was Diego Ardente. The 18 year old centre back is one of the brightest prospects in Argentina and I was delighted to get him for £5.5m at that age as it means he'll be able to be trained at the club for three years and then be classed as a homegrown player.

Future Transfers

View attachment 360176

Nzuzi Olivier Yenga will join PNE in the summer after agreeing to join the club for over £10m. I had the option of bringing him in in this transfer window but decided against it as he would get more game time at Anderlecht. Looks a top midfielder already and will have a fantastic career ahead of him.

View attachment 360178

View attachment 360175

View attachment 360174

View attachment 360178

News

View attachment 360173

how do you find so many good regens?

View attachment 635418

Season Five

Youth Intake

View attachment 360081

View attachment 360080

Finally we have a good youth intake! After years of updating the youth facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment we have a decent player come through the youth setup! The top prospects are shown below but Ashley Green is by far the best player we've had so far come through. I'm hoping he'll go on to become a top midfielder that can be sold for a lot of money.

View attachment 360079

View attachment 360078

View attachment 360077

View attachment 360076

I've also agreed deals to bring the following into the youth setup in June once the Summer Transfer Window opens, least I'll have plenty of strikers!

View attachment 360075

View attachment 360074

View attachment 360073

View attachment 360072

View attachment 360071

View attachment 360070

Just loaded it back up after saving it late last night. 'Save Game Could Not Be Loaded' :S

Luckily my computer backs up as v2 etc and is only a month behind.