Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid Reincarnation.

September / Setiembre

View attachment 345496

Champions League Group draw:

Liverpool
Espanyol
FC Twente
FK Austria Wien

A group which I think that if we can get one good result against Liverpool we can top it. We must not get complacent though as anything can happen in the competition as we know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Saturday 11th September 2021

Balaidos

Celta
0 - 4 Espanyol
Iglesias(2), Rietz, Costanzo

MOTM: Silvio Iglesias

An excellent performance on the back of the Madrid result. We managed to put four past Celta on a day where only one side was psychologically ready for the match and it showed in the result as we triumphed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Group Stage
Tuesday 14th September 2021

Estadi de Cornella - El Prat

Espanyol 5 - 1 FK Austria Wien
Katic, Kovacic (2), Dunguinha, Costanzo

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic

Not normally do you see this, we absolutely dominated in Europe and should have teams watching at the result. I am delighted with my team today and they should be the proud with their performance out there. Austria Wien was up for an upset but it was never meant to be.

La Liga
Sunday 19th September 2021

Espanyol 6 - 0 Cordoba
Iglesias, Zelaia, Dunguinha, Rietz (3)

MOTM: Benjamin Rietz

Welcome to the La Liga Cordoba. They was no match for us and could tell the top from the bottom of the table. We established class in the game and gave our fans a goal feast. Another matchball for Benjamin which we are all delighted with.

La Liga
Sunday 26th September 2021

Espanyol 2 - 1 Almeria
Serrano, Dunguinha

MOTM: Cristian Serrano

Almeria was very unlucky today and the scoreline suggests we could of done more. But we played very well and Almeria almost matched us, they won't perform like that again this season but if it was any other team they would have come away with 3 points. It is just unlucky they had to play the Spanish Champions.

Champions League Group Stage
Wednesday 29th September 2021

Anfield

Liverpool 2 - 1 Espanyol
Rietz

Unlucky to lose to a last minute goal whn we thought we had secured a point at Anfield. It just goes to show the term play to the last whistle really does come into use. We want to finish the group top and go far in the competition

Player of the month

View attachment 345679
Benjamin Rietz
His boots are the most wanted in Europe.

League Table

View attachment 345680

October / Octubre

View attachment 345738

La Liga
Sunday 3rd October 2021

El Molinon

Sporting 0 - 4 Espanyol
Zelaia, Dossena, Rietz (2)

It was a night of outstanding drama for the travelling Espanyol fans, not so for the home fans of Sporting who had to look on at the performance against us. We was quick to the ball and strong in the tackle. My players played with incredible drive and ambition.

La Liga
Saturday 16th October 2021

La Rosaleda

Malaga 3 - 2 Espanyol
Zelaia, Rietz

MOTM: Oscar Zelaia

Disappointing and give the teams around us a good chance to go ahead and steal a lead on us. We wasn't at our best and should be getting the win against a team like Malaga.

Champions League
Wednesday 20th October 2021
Grolsch Veste

FC Twente 0 - 2 Espanyol
Djuricic, Katic

MOTM: Toni Katic

A good win away from home in Europe and another win should secure us qualification. We need to beat Liverpool though to stand a chance at finishing top of the group. We want to win this competition this year. Some people may say I'm optimistic but I think it is doable.

La Liga
Sunday 24th October 2021

Espanyol 2 - 2 Getafe
Zelaia, Costanzo

MOTM: Mark Geurts

Chucked a two goal lead away and they was down to 10 men. Disgusted, angered and very very ****** off. I will have them all in at training tomorrow at 5.30am and doing laps till atleast dinner. We fell even further behind Barcelona after a poor performance.

Spanish Cup Fourth Round First Leg
Wednesday 27th October 2021

Avenida de Navarra

Badalona 0 - 3 Espanyol
Zelaia, Yurchenko, O.G

MOTM: Oscar Zelaia

They are a lower league team so it is atleast up to expectations. I am still furious over the past few games how we have performed and demand a win in the next game against Barcelona.

La Liga
Saturday 30th October 2021

Espanyol 0 - 4 Barcelona

MOTM: None.

Not anymore for me, this is the last I can take and I am through with it. The players are not playing for the badge on the shirt and they are not performing.

Raùl announces resignation from Espanyol.

View attachment 345752
Today Raùl resigned from club Espanyol after winning the La Liga title with them last year and two super cups. He is held in high regards by the fans and lots of people have disappointed me during my reign at the club.
I would like to thanks the fans and the board for my time here but the players have really let me down in the month and showed no signs of improving. I will go onto a new adventure now and I feel that I am fully established as a manager winning leagues in Spain, Germany and Belgium. Who knows where my future lies?

Oh wow, I love it when you throw in a twist......just like I do every now and then, hehe. :P

Cant wait to see where u will end up, though I think I may know, lol.

What?! D: Brilliant twist and looking forward to wear you'll be going next.

Woah didn't see that coming, love the twists and turns great stuff

Where will Raùl be next?
Reports are growing that he has managed in all the big leagues except one which he would like to conquer. The bookies favorite is the Premier League in England. Only Raùl himself knows where he will be this season.

View attachment 346179

Raùl has confirmed his next job will be in England and it will be at a big club. He wants to win the league in England before going on to start a big project at a club he wishes to settle down and make history with. Raùl is known to be very good in the domestic leagues but he is still without a European trophy in his time as manager.
The following clubs Raùl has been linked with are the following:

View attachment 346185View attachment 346186View attachment 346187View attachment 346188

Who will it be? Let me know your thoughts.​

Hmm as a Spurs fan, definately not Arsenal, haha. Prefer Man Utd please. (H)

Raul seems like the type of manager City would go for. Not Liverpool though please.

View attachment 346367
Raùl named as manager of United.

After days of negotiations with other clubs I had become interested in a few. Arsenal was the other main choice with an already very strong team with an excellent core and players I used to manage like Marco Verratti and Leon Goretzka. They was also a very dominant force in Europe but when the chairman stated his ambition was to just do your best it shows a chairman that is blind without a vision. I had talks with Chelsea who are the reigning champions of England at the minute but they have a squad which most of its players are now passing their peak and have 9-10 first team players at the age of 29+. It would be a complete rebuilding process and I would like to strengthen but not create a whole new team. Manchester City never really had me interested as they are a club with moneybags and most of the players are at the club for a wage and not for pride.

Why United?

View attachment 346369

This man is my inspiration to management. Before I took the job I gave Sir Alex a call and asked if he thought I was the one to take United forward a little further. He replied to me in a slightly weird, Scottish accent of: 'Aye son you have only got to look at your track record winning titles in different countries and the passion you carried as a player is obviously continued with you as a manager. You would be a fool not to take it, just one thing. Go bring the silverware to the red side of Manchester.'

The talks went swimmingly with the Chairman. He offered me assurance on the job if things didn't get off to a good start although he was aware of my capabilities. He said to me that Sir Alex didn't win a title in 3 years then went to be the best manager the game has ever seen. He just wants my attitude to reflect to the players. Also he said due to my financial control that if there is ever a player I need, he will work his hardest to deliver my requests. The club has a brilliant history and you have only got to look at some of the players who have played for the club to make it an easy decision. Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand. The list goes on but it was a very easy decision to be made and I hope that I can bring success to Manchester.

United are fifth in the table and 5 points behind Chelsea at the top.

Lets do this.

November / Noviembre

View attachment 346377

'Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the one on the back'

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 21st November 2021

Old Trafford

Man Utd 2 - 0 Everton
Mkhitaryan, Schutte

MOTM: Phil Jones

A good way to open the account as manager of United. The fans shone in a red light and was in good noise at Old Trafford, we was very good with the ball on the deck and the movement was good but we will need to strengthen some places in January which I have been given adequate funds to do so.

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 27th November 2021

Reebok Stadium

Bolton 2 - 2 Man Utd
Ujma, Neymar

MOTM: Andres Ujma

A ex player come back to bite me on the bottom. Seydou Doumbia played better today than he ever did for me and probably because he was trying to prove a point. Bolton have alot of players I managed at Dortmund and have a very strong spine in their team. A point isn't the end of the world although we would have like to have won.

League Table

View attachment 346380

December / Deciembre

View attachment 346383
Could we close the gap coming up to Christmas?

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 4th December 2021

The Madejski Stadium

Reading 0 - 1 Man Utd
Benati

MOTM: Fidels Benati

A scrappy away win but we will take it. This is the best league in the world and all the teams are good enough to pull something out the bag on their day. We may not be playing such attractive football yet but I am finding our feet from where the previous manager lost his. We are warriors and we will fight till the final game.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Wednesday 15th December 2021

Old Trafford

Man Utd
1 - 0 Chelsea
Schutte

MOTM: Aldo Ajazi

Excellent result, it gives us a chance to win a trophy this season and be in with a very good shout of one. We battled and battled against Chelsea and although they have some superstars in their squad so do we but with more desire and fire in their bellies. We progress to the semi-finals

Capital One Cup Semi-Final draw:

Arsenal v Bolton
Man Utd v Stoke

Barclays Premier League
Saturday 18th December 2021

Hillsborough

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Man Utd
Williams, Colman

MOTM: Aldo Ajazi

Well my nerves was on end! I thought the match was heading to a draw which I would have been pretty disappointed until the 89th minute when Marek Hamsik went on a bursting run past three players to square it across goal to the young Ralph Colman to give us the victory. We are still chasing but we wont give up!!!

Barclays Premier League
Wednesday 22nd December 2021

Old Trafford

Man Utd 2 - 0 Tottenham
Ajazi, Neymar

MOTM: Fidelis Benati

We sink Tottenham even further into the mist, there is only 3 points between the relegation spot and 9th and Tottenham are lurking in it. We can't fault our performance though as we was first to every ball and wanted it more than them

Barclays Premier League
Sunday 26th December 2021

Old Trafford

Man Utd 1 - 1 Cardiff
Schutte, Jones sent off

MOTM: Merlin Schutte

Absolutely disgusted with the officials denying us three points at the end of the game. Cardiffs goal was 2 foot offside but the blind linesman couldn't see it. Maybe he should never officiate in his life again. Phil Jones got sent off for extreme protests but I stand by my captain as he made the right decision. Absolutely disgraceful

Player of the month

View attachment 346389
Aldo Ajazi
The versatile man has put some good shifts in.

League Table
View attachment 346390

Any chance you could do a small squad update so we can see who United have got?

As a Man Utd fan, Delighted you choose them.....as Sam91 points out, any chances you could do a Complete Squad Update?

Back