Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid Reincarnation.

Viva la Espana

11:00pm: It has been broken and released that Raùl has landed in Spain. We don't know where he is heading but he will be managing in his native homeland next year. The media have looked at clubs and all of them currently have managers so it will look like a manager will be getting fired. The bookies are odds on it will be his home club of Madrid and are offering odds of 2/1. The outside odds are on Barcelona who are priced at 250/1. But we know how deceiving football can be sometimes.

1:00 pm: We havn't heard any more news but it is known that Raùl will be managing a club in the Northern part of Spain as he has not been spotted since entering Spain and his agent has released it will not be a Southern club in Spain. This could mean a number of teams such as Barcelona, Racing Santander, Espanyol, Athletic Bilbao and Zaragoza. There are growing odds on that Raùl could actually be heading to Barcelona as he wouldn't leave Dortmund for a low profile team.

2:30pm: Raùl has been spotted in the town of Barcelona and is being mobbed by the press for answers but he has declined. This cannot possibly happen can it? The Madrid fans would turn him from a legend to a judas.

3:00pm: It is in the town of Barcelona but not club!!! Raùl has just headed into the Estadi Cornella-El Prat the home of Espanyol who have been recently taken over by Liang Lei a Chinese businessman who has promised to invest heavilly into the club and last year the team won the La Liga to break the famous top two.

View attachment 343168

My journey begins.

wow wasn't expecting that, But cant wait to see where you take this team

Wow tats a nice change mate.....after thinking Raul was going to Tottenham or Man Utd, thats an incredible change of direction.....looking forward to it.......

Wow tats a nice change mate.....after thinking Raul was going to Tottenham or Man Utd, thats an incredible change of direction.....looking forward to it.......
I know man, interesting news to follow aswell as I couldn't of wrote the script better what is going to happen!!

Nice twist mate. I'm sure you'll break the top 2. Good luck.
Yes mate hopefully.

wow wasn't expecting that, But cant wait to see where you take this team
2 of us :)

Pre-Season and Transfers

View attachment 343194

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 343200

In's:

A raid on Dortmund after I left, most of the players was left unhappy and requested a transfer. Like idiots Dortmund had a massive clearout of most of their players which have been very successful for them. I was glad to take most of my old players back and reunite me with them. I don't need to explain the likes of my ex-players as you know how they was for me before.

Oscar Zelaia - A player which I was going to sign this season with Dortmund but he rejected me before joining Espanyol. A young Spanish prodigy which has a big future in the game. He will need to justify his 170k a week wages though.

Mario Ballotelli (loan) - A character in the game which has never really settled at a club. We need some depth in the squad and he offers us another option upfront.

Sergio Canales (loan) - This lad was coming through the ranks at Valencia when I finished my playing days and he could pick a pass. He hasn't really picked up to what most people would have expected, another option for our squad.

Pablo Sarabia - Another option as we needed numbers in after we let alot of players go.

Rosario Costanzo - A replacement striker for Pires who joined Dortmund for the mammoth fee of 40.5m

Out's:

Lucas Andersen - Didn't fit into my plans and the wages he was on I was happy to let him go.

Alfred N'Diaye - A good player but too slow for me which I need to be a midfielder in my team. Also wages of 80k a week didn't justify him.

Aleksander Dragovic - One of the best defenders at the club at the time but also 31 years old. 20M to Man City is a brilliant price for him, the fans wasn't happy but I replaced him with both of my previous centre-backs.

Fernando Muslera - My number one when I taken over the club, wages of 125k a week for an average keeper means he had to go and I brought in a keeper of trusted quality.

Alexander Kacaniclic - A very average player and 5m for him was a good price.

Morgan Schneiderlin - My ex club Dortmund obviously realised that they needed to get some players onboard now that they had sold alot of their players.

Paulinho - Takes up a slot as a foreign player and I need the slots for other players.

Pires - My main striker and one of the best players at the club, Dortmund came calling with 40m and I managed to negotiate a exchange for Jean-Baptiste Bennett aswell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendlies

Espanyol 1 - 0 Juventus
Kovacic

Valladoid 2 - 1 Espanyol
Chigozie

Mirandes 0 - 2 Espanyol
Pires, McManus

West Brom 1 - 3 Espanyol
Kovacic, Rietz, Pires

Let the season commence!!!

August / Agosto

View attachment 343232

"We begin a journey which I hope to become a long and successful one."
- Raùl Gonzalez Blanco

Champions League Group Draw:
Dortmund
PSG
Espanyol
Olympiakos

Not even Jesus would have written this script. A return to my old club just a few weeks after leaving them. It is a very hard group and will be difficult to qualify from as I havn't experienced Champions League football from Espanyol as of yet but we will put work in to see if we can qualify.

La Liga
Sunday 16th August 2020

Estadi de Cornella - El Prat

Espanyol 2 - 0 Racing Santander
Kovacic, Pires

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic

My first competitive game in charge and we come away with a fantastic win. It was great to be greeted by a large roar from a sell-out crowd and we have sold out of season tickets for this season. Pires played his last game for the club though and we will be losing a very big asset but the price was right.

La Liga
Sunday 23rd August 2020

Benito Villamarin

Real Betis 0 - 1 Espanyol
Ballotelli

MOTM: Luis Alberto Martin

A fantastic win again against Betis who are a brilliant technical team. I have only been managing in Spain for two games but the players are alot better with the ball and the quality they possess. A tight match which we managed to edge as we are still trying to adapt new tactics to the team. Mario Ballotelli stole the winner away from home for us which I'm sure your all familiar with him.

La Liga
Monday 31st August 2020

Espanyol 5 - 0 Rayo
Iglesias, Kovacic, Dunguinha, Serrano (2)

MOTM: Cristian Serrano

Some of the boys which joined from Dortmund chipping in with the goals to bring us the first crushing win of the campaign. Everyone seemed very fluid and wanting to have the ball at their feet. Rayo will wish they didn't come today and the fans have already accepted me after replacing their old favorite and my close friend Jose Mourinho.

League Table

View attachment 343242

Last edited:
September / Setiembre

View attachment 343254

'Keep the flag flying high'

Spanish Super Cup First Leg
Friday 11th September 2020
Coliseum Alfonso Perez

Raùls 400th game as a manager

Getafe 0 - 4 Espanyol
Martin, Iglesias, Dunguinha, Rietz

A very healthy lead to take into the second leg. The fourth clean sheet in a row aswell which I am delighted with. I am delighted with the start so far at Espanyol and will be looking forward to the Champions League and Derbies this year.

Champions League Group Stage
Wednesday 16th September 2020

Georgios Karaiskakis

Olympiakos 3 - 5 Espanyol
Serrano, Kovacic, Balotelli, Rietz (2)

MOTM: Benjamin Rietz

I'm not bothered about the goals we conceded, I want to be successful in Europe that is all. To score five goals away from home in Europe is excellent and we need to pick up as many points as possible.

La Liga
Sunday 20th September 2020

Nuevo Los Carmenes

Granada 1 - 1 Espanyol
Martin

We wasn't on top form today and we couldn't break Granada down. It was disappointing but still a point away from home is good and it may be all important come the run in at the end of the season.

Spanish Super Cup Second Leg
Wednesday 23rd September 2020

Espanyol 3 - 1 Getafe (7-1 agg)
Bennett, 2 O.G's

MOTM: Oscar Zelalia

Well the first silverware has arrived!! We killed Getafe over two legs and I bring the silverware home already. We played very well over two legs and came out as eventual winners. I really do hope this is one of many trophies we win this season.

La Liga
Saturday 26th September 2020

Espanyol 4 - 0 Zaragoza
Serrano, Katic, Zelaia (2)

MOTM: Oscar Zelaia

We bounced from our previous La Liga draw with Granada and come back to relieve our stress of Zaragoza. The team was an ultimate pleasure today and played some lovely tiki-taka stuff at times. The lads did us proud again today and will have to roll their sleeves up for our next match - Dortmund.

Tuesday 29th September 2020

The press have arrived early to ask alot of questions to me and how I prepare to play against Dortmund whom I managed to 7 Bundesliga titles and 7 mixed cups.

View attachment 343262

Oscar de Filicos: How do you plan to approach the game against your old club Dortmund? Also with alot of recruits following you do you feel they could stumble?

Raùl: We go into the mind with a clear mindset, it is a football game like nothing else, we talk about the occasion afterwards. Yes I have alot of love for the club but I am managing Espanyol right now and that is all I am focused on.

Fernando Silva: With many ex-players which you knew for so long, you will obviously know how they play and can come up with a tactical approach to stop them, am I correct?

Raùl: I know how they played when I instructed them yes, but now they have a different manager which is experienced and has a different style and approach to me and will be looking to do the same. The players will play the game not the occasion. Thanks for your time gentleman but I have a match to attend to.

End of press conference

Espanyol 4 - 0 Dortmund
Iglesias, Dunguinha, Rietz (2)

MOTM: Dunguinha

All of the former Dortmund boys on the scoresheet. A very special occasion for me and a heart-warming feeling that the travelling Dortmund fans had a large banner floating across the away area saying: 'Thankyou for your what you did here hero.' We have delivered a statement that we can go and beat teams of the highest calibre.

Player of the month

View attachment 343270
Oscar Zelaia
The young man has been instrumental in dictating the play in matches.

League Table

View attachment 343271

October / Octubre

View attachment 343274

La Liga
Saturday 3rd October 2020

La Rosaleda

Malaga 1 - 3 Espanyol
Kovacic, Dunguinha (2)

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic

A match which I thought was going to end in disaster as we conceded just 10 seconds into the games which I was fuming with and let the players know that concentration starts from the first kick to the last blow of the whistle. We still won though which is pleasing and keep the chase on at the top of the league.

La Liga
Saturday 17th October 2020

Espanyol 3 - 0 Real Sociedad
Katic, Kovacic, Zelaia, Sarabia sent off

MOTM: Jean-Baptiste Bennett

The boys have convinced the fans we are in with a real title shout this year. It will be alot more difficult than the Bundesliga, the standard is better and the players are of a higher calibre. We also have summer signing in Rosario Costanzo back from injury who got the last 10 minutes of the game.

Champions League Group Stages
Tuesday 20th October 2020

Espanyol 1 - 3 Paris Saint-Germain
Zelaia

MOTM: Pablo Sarabia

A little disappointed yes, it is also my first defeat as boss of Espanyol. We was shocking the first half of the game and went into half time 3-0 down and feared we could have been dicked at home. The second half was much better but we still lost.

La Liga
Sunday 25th October 2020

Coliseum Alfonso Perez

Getafe 2 - 1 Espanyol
Balotelli

MOTM:
None.

Second game in a row lost. Disgusted at us today as we gifted Getafe the win and couldn't pass a ball 5 yards. I am furious and I will be getting the lads in training doing doggies. We do not simply keel over and lose in this standard.

Spanish Cup Fourth Round First Leg
Wednesday 28th Ocotber 2020

Municipal Alvarez Claros

Melilla 1 - 3 Espanyol
Dunguinha, Denis, Bennett

Still not impressive against third division Melilla. I am going for the Spanish cup this year aswell as anything, I want to become victorious in every competition and take Espanyol on a big adventure. The flying fullbacks both on the scoresheet today.

La Liga
Saturday 31st October 2020

Espanyol 2 - 1 Valencia
Rietz, Chigozie

We managed to edge out close rivals Valencia in this close clash. We made hard work of it though. We have also failed to notice a first regular striker which is tying down the place to theirselves. We still won and are keeping up the chase on the top.

Player of the month

View attachment 343287
Mateo Kovacic
Pulling the strings in the midfield and dictating the play for us.

League Table

View attachment 343288

Just caught up and I did not expect that! What budget were you given?

I see you spent 130m+ but sold over 110m what was the actual budget?

I see you spent 130m+ but sold over 110m what was the actual budget?

Just caught up and I did not expect that! What budget were you given?

Around 35m at the time I still have money to spend but I paid a little in agent and signing on fee's ect. I hope to invest in January in areas which have been weak. There is a foreign player rule in Spain I wasn't aware of which allows only 3 non-EU players in the squad at one time so I've had to play Denis in cup and continental competitions.

Around 35m at the time I still have money to spend but I paid a little in agent and signing on fee's ect. I hope to invest in January in areas which have been weak. There is a foreign player rule in Spain I wasn't aware of which allows only 3 non-EU players in the squad at one time so I've had to play Denis in cup and continental competitions.

seems a bit small for a tycoon club, you need to have words!

November / Noviembre

View attachment 343348

'When you start treating the fans like customers, then you have lost.'

Wednesday 4th November 2020

Parc des Princes

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 0 Espanyol

MOTM: Igor Isaev

Major reinforcements will be needed in January if we are to progress in this Champions League successfully. We got embarrassed home and away by Paris Saint-Germain

La Liga
Saturday 7th November 2020

San Mames Barria

Bilbao 0 - 2 Espanyol
Costanzo, Rietz, Bennett sent off

A great result against one of the best teams in the league. Bilbao are known for their basque transfer policy which means they can only sign players of a Basque nationality and its fair to say it has been successful for them. They have a strong squad and gave us a very good game.

La Liga
Saturday 14th November 2020

Santiago Bernabeu

Real Madrid 3 - 3 Espanyol
Isaev, Costanzo, O.G

MOTM: Rosario Costanzo

A fantastic away point at my old team. They are very dangerous on the attack and they attack as a unit but their defensive liabilities showed as we managed to pick them off on the counter attack. A win would have been lovely but not many teams come back with anything from the Bernabeu. It was brilliant to receive an excellent ovation from the crowd as always.

Tuesday 17th November 2020

Espanyol 3 - 1 Olympiakos
Costanzo (2), Chigoze, Bennett sent off

This puts us in with a fantastic chance with qualifying again. It is up to us in the last game against Dortmund whether we go into the knockout rounds or not. We must play to our full ability and who knows how far we can go in the competition.

La Liga
Saturday 21st November 2020

Espanyol 4 - 2 Sevilla
Balotelli, Costanzo (3)

That is what I paid for!! The first matchball of the season for Costanzo and I'm sure it won't be the last. He has struggled since his injury and it has been a hindrance on him getting to top form, now he is there he is looking in top shape and some of the finishes was exquisite.

Spanish Cup Fourth Round Second Leg
Wednesday 25th November 2020

Espanyol 7 - 0 Melilla (10-1 agg)
Serrano, Kovacic, Rietz, Zelaia, Dunguinha, Balotelli, Chigozie

MOTM: Mario Balotelli

Seven different scorers and a much better performance than last time round, it was nice to see such a variety of scorers in the game as we have so many people that can find the net. We progress to the fifth round of the competition.

Spanish Cup Fifth Round Draw:

Espanyol v Rayo

La Liga
Saturday 28th November 2020

Espanyol 2 - 1 Barcelona
Rietz, Costanzo

A very important match both in the circumstances and the fact it was the first time I had faced Barcelona as a manager. It was also a local derby in the town of Barcelona. It was what you would expect in a derby, we had 3 serious injuries to 3 key players which I hope they are not out for long, Barcelona received a red card for a two footed lunge which the player should never step foot on a pitch again. We also scored a 94th minute winner infront of the roaring home crowd. What a way to finish the month.

The seriousness of the injuries:

View attachment 343380View attachment 343381View attachment 343382

Player of the month

View attachment 343376
Rosario Costanzo
The lad has been in sensational form for us.

League Table

View attachment 343377

Last edited:
seems a bit small for a tycoon club, you need to have words!

Aha Mojo, I'm not one that needs money for success. I agree I havn't won the Champions League yet but I like the realistic idea of it. Who knows where I could be next?!

Aha Mojo, I'm not one that needs money for success. I agree I havn't won the Champions League yet but I like the realistic idea of it. Who knows where I could be next?!

Oh no i'm not saying you need it, but ifI took over a tycoon club I want a massive budget!

Oh no i'm not saying you need it, but ifI took over a tycoon club I want a massive budget!

He keeps pumping money into the club but when I arrived they spent like 23m on Zelaia. I'll see what he gives me next year!!

December / Deciembre

View attachment 343391

Wednesday 2nd December 2020

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 2 - 4 Espanyol
Rietz, Costanzo, Chigozie (2)

MOTM: Felix Chigozie

We managed to clinch the win and we qualify for the knockout round of the Champions League in 2nd with Paris Saint-Germain finishing 1st. Dortmund will play Europa League but they gave us a brilliant run for our money and the fans are still electric and make the place feel like a roman coliseum. I yet again received a heroic reception by the 80,000 home fans which are the reason I am successful in football. I owe everything to them and hope them the best.

La Liga
Sunday 6th December 2020
Iberostar Estadi

Mallorca 0 - 3 Espanyol
Isaev, Costanzo, Chigozie

MOTM: Igor Isaev

Excellent result knowing that we are missing 3 first team players due to horrific injuries suffered in the Barcelona match. I am still shocked they have not been fined by their actions. They are the 'masters' of the beautiful game. Well it turned ugly. Today we proved we have strength in depth to take the spoils. Two wonderfully hit freekicks from Isaev and Costanzo gave us a lead to build on.

Spanish Cup Fifth Round First Leg
Wednesday 9th December 2020

Espanyol 1 - 0 Rayo
Costanzo

Not the best performance I have ever seen but we hold a lead going into the second leg. We played with comfort but we didn't really give an attacking impale on Rayo. I am still happy we won and it gives us a good chance to progress.

La Liga
Sunday 13th December 2020

El Madrigal

Villarreal 2 - 2 Espanyol
Rietz, Costanzo

We managed to ****** a goal in the 94th minute to secure a point which may be crucial come the end of the season. We should be beating teams such as Villareal but you cannot always play at your best and today was one of those days. We still didn't lose which I am happy with.

Spanish Cup Fifth Round Second Leg
Wednesday 16th December 2020

Estadio de Vallecas

Rayo 1 - 3 Espanyol (1-4 agg)
Serrano, Rietz, Zelaia

MOTM: Benjamin Rietz

We are through to the quarter-finals of the cup and in good form. We rested a few players with me in hope that we are able to qualify. We played well as a unit and moved forward as a team. Onwards and upwards.

La Liga
Saturday 19th December 2020

Espanyol 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid
Sarabia (2), Sarabia sent off

A great result against a strong team in Atletico Madrid. Our best player spoiled his parade by getting sent off while on a hat-trick. He would of probably earned himself Man of the Match if he would of stayed on the pitch which is a huge shame for him.

La Liga
Wednesday 23rd December 2020
Balaidos

Celta 2 - 2 Espanyol
Buivit, Martin

MOTM: Alexey Buivit

A disgusting result. Bottom of the table Celta who couldn't even scrape points up manage to get a draw against us. We need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves do we want to win La Liga this season as with results like these we may aswell hand it on a plate. One very disappointed managed and will be stressing over the Christmas break.

Player of the month

View attachment 343508
Felix Chigozie

League Table

View attachment 343509

Last edited:
Back