Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid Reincarnation.

Raùl heading for an early Spanish exit?

View attachment 343595

We are understood that Raùl has been approached by an English team in the form of Manchester City. Raùl sits on the top of the table after a successful 5 months in charge of Espanyol topping the La Liga and qualifying for the Champions League Knockout Rounds. Man City host a squad of full internationals and also offer a healthy transfer budget every year. They are also offering Raùl quadruple wages on what he is on now with added bonuses should he win trophies and hit targets.

View attachment 343601

I declined. I don't come to a club to give up on them when things are going well. I believe that Espanyol can become dominant and be a very successful team in Europe. I also have the dream of splitting the top two and making the La Liga a much more wider scope for other teams to challenge such as ourselves. As for the money, I couldn't care less about my wages. I have earned enough in my career to pay for what I need I am currently enjoying my life in my homeland and don't want to change anything at the minute. We will kick on to January to see what transfers and who I get in the Champions League draw.

Raùl Gonzalez Blanco.

January / Enero

View attachment 343951

One one in this window and none going out.

View attachment 343955

Mattia Signori -
A lad from Inter which is a brilliant allround player. He will provide us with more depth and for a cost of 12.75m I think it is a steal as he has a lot of years in the game and became an established first team player at Inter. We will have another option now in midfield.

Champions League First Knockout Round draw:

Espanyol v CSKA Moscow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Sunday 3rd January 2021
Estadi de Cornella - El Prat

Espanyol 6 - 2 Almeria
Martin, Serrano, Rietz (4)

MOTM: Benjamin Rietz

Dominant win and a good way to restart the campaign. Four goals from the 19-year old Rietz is showing he has much more to offer and he will become one of the best in the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish Cup Quarter Final First Leg
Wednesday 6th January 2021

Espanyol 4 - 0 Sevilla
Iglesias, Zelaia, Rietz (2)

Gives us a good pedigree to look at next game. We can also rest some players in the hope we wont lose by four goals away from home. Rietz also claimed his 6th goal in two games.

La Liga
Sunday 10th January 2021

Riazor

Deportivo 1 - 1 Espanyol
Dunguinha,
Tagliafico sent off

MOTM: Dunguinha

Disappointing result and the red card made me angry. I have let him know that the red card ruined us the game and cost us the three points. I hope he will bounce back and work extra hard in training as Bennett is closing back to fitness and will be fighting for the spot back.

Spanish Cup Quarter Final Second Leg:
Wednesday 13th January 2021
Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan

Sevilla 1 - 0 Espanyol (1-4 agg)

MOTM: Oscar Zelaia

We progress, I put alot of reserve and youth players out to see how they faired. A slender loss isn't bad against a fully established La Liga team. We go into the Semi-Finals rearing with confidence and we can go on to with this trophy.

Spanish Cup Semi Final draw:

Espanyol v Bilbao

La Liga
Sunday 17th January 2021

Espanyol 4 - 1 Betis
Martin, Rietz, Zelaia, Costanzo

MOTM: Luis Alberto Martin

After Betis knocked out Barcelona in the cup, they issued a statement they want to carry on their league form.
We slaughtered them though and should have had even more goals. A good day at the office for us.

Spanish Cup Semi Final First Leg
Wednesday 20th January 2021

Espanyol 1 - 2 Bilbao
Costanzo

MOTM: Nicolas Tagliafico

Very disappointing and I am unhappy to lose at home to Bilbao. We didn't turn up and Bilbao seemed to want it more than us, we don't deserve the result and it will be a challenge next game to climb back from the defeat. The final is my target.

La Liga
Sunday 24th January 2021

El Sardinero

Racing Santander 0 - 3 Espanyol
Serrano, Rietz (2)

Keeping up he assault on the league which is going to plan. We need to keep up the form we have shown in the first half of the season to finish top of the La Liga. It is easier said than done but we will fight and battle our way for that position.

Spanish Cup Semi Final Second Leg
Wednesday 27th January 2021

San Mames Barria

Bilbao 2 - 2 Espanyol (AET) (3-2 agg)
Katic, Costanzo

MOTM: Mattia Signori

Unlucky to lose in extra time after a superb fightback for the lads. We got to the semi-finals but Bilbao was the better team over the two legs and deserve the final. It is hard to take as the Spanish cup means so much to me personally as I can remember lifting it for Real.

Player of the month

View attachment 343963
Benjamin Rietz
The teenager has been in sensational form for us 9 goals in the month.

League Table

View attachment 343964

February/ Febrero

View attachment 343973

La Liga
Monday 8th February 2021

Estadio de Vallecas

Rayo 0 - 3 Espanyol
Iglesias, Costanzo, Zelaia

Excellent team performance and the build up play to all three goals was excellent. We carved Rayo open down the wings where they wasn't protected and was easily exposed. With our quality that we possess, we targeted this and Rayo couldn't deal with it. We ripped them apart.

La Liga
Sunday 14th February 2021

Espanyol 2 - 0 Granada
Tagliafico, Costanzo

MOTM: Marc-Andre ter Stegen

The scoreline may look good on us but it was fortunate for us that Marc-Andre was on form today or it may have been a completely different story. Some of the saves was out of this world and proves why I brought him here with me from Dortmund as he has won us many matches single handedly with his golden hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League First Knockout Round First Leg
Wednesday 17th February 2021
Estadio de Cornella - El Prat

Espanyol 4 - 3 CSKA Moscow
Zelaia (2), Iglesias, Costanzo

A very slender win which we have only ourselves to blame conceding in the 89th minute. They have three goals and if they get a goal at home they will feel very strong. Russia is an intimidating place to go to and we will have to play our game and not the occasion. Good players can put the occasion to the back of their mind and still play to the best of their abilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Sunday 21st February 2021

Espanyol 5 - 0 Celta
Zelaia, Iglesias (2), Costanzo (2)

MOTM: Silvio Iglesias

Lost for words, all five goals scored in the first half and we was in cruise control. It was a game which a team with confidence could only play, we look like champions and show no sign of letting up. But nothing is won till the last day where we want to end the season strong aswell. We still have to play both the big guns again.

La Liga
Wednesday 24th February 2021

Espanyol 3 - 2 Malaga
Sarabia, Iglesias, Costanzo, Isaev sent off

Even after falling to ten men we prevail with a win. We are showing the winning qualities of Champions and if we keep our form up we will be champions. We are playing with incredible fluency and even when we fell behind the lads got behind eachother and believed they would win the game. We did so and Barcelona dropped points at Atletico.

La Liga
Saturday 27th February 2021

La Romareda

Zaragoza 2 - 1 Espanyol
Balotelli, Katic sent off

MOTM: Mario Balotelli

This ruins a perfect month for us and gives us chance for our rivals to catch us up. Another red card is unacceptable and I will be disciplining the player with him missing out on two weeks wages which he will learn his lesson. Zaragoza are lurking in the bottom half and it should be a team we are beating with ease.

Player of the month

View attachment 344868
Silvio Iglesias
Ripping fullbacks inside and out and giving them nightmares.

League Table

View attachment 344869

March / Marzo

View attachment 344870
Espanyol fans in chorus cheering the team on.

La Liga
Saturday 6th March 2021

Anoeta

Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Espanyol
Isaev, Bennett sent off

I'm furious. I said I wanted to discipline the club and Jean-Baptiste Bennett goes and gets a red card. I am furious and I released **** on him in the changing room. He will be fined 2 weeks wages and will not feature in any game this month as a consequence. He cost us the game and more points which at this rate we will be caught.

Champions League First Knockout Round Second Leg
Tuesday 9th March 2021
CSKA-Peschanoye

CSKA Moscow 1 - 0 Espanyol (4-4 agg) CSKA win on away goals

MOTM: Jean-Baptiste Bennett

A string of three poor results and now we are out of the Champions League. I have questioned some players desire in the team and told them they will be going at the end of the season if they cannot handle the big European nights. I am utterly disappointed in my team recently and will be moving players on in the summer.

La Liga
Sunday 14th March 2021

Espanyol 2 - 0 Getafe
Iglesias (2)

A win but not the best performance yet again. Iglesias was the inspiration to the players today, with a brace of beautiful goals. His first with a 35 yard freekick which Brazilian legend Juninho would have been proud of and a left footed volley secured us the match today.

La Liga
Wednesday 17th March 2021

Estade de Cornella - El Prat

Espanyol 4 - 1 Bilbao
Rietz (2), Zelaia (2)

Absolutely 100% better than recent performances. We managed to grind Bilbao down and secure the result which we wanted and the result we desperately needed. We want this title this year more than ever and the fans of Espanyol would never have dreamt of breaking the top two in their lifetime.

La Liga
Saturday 27th March 2021

Mestalla

Valencia 1 - 1 Espanyol
Rietz

MOTM: Cristian Serrano

This was a good point despite our month. Valencia can still win the title and have been brilliant at the Mestalla this season losing only once. It has been on their travels which they have had most of their problems. We managed to stall them and take a point away from home.

Player of the month

View attachment 344889
The Argentine had another solid month and terrorised defences.

League Table

View attachment 344890

Good end to the month, unlucky with the Champions League! You'll get it eventually!

Good end to the month, unlucky with the Champions League! You'll get it eventually!

I know man, might have to change my approach to it though. I think if I stuck at Dortmund this might have been the year!

April / Avril

View attachment 345008View attachment 345009

I got both of these gems through my youth intake this year, one has already managed to get a spell on loan at Huesca. We have very high hopes for both of these players to eventually make the first team.

La Liga
Saturday 3rd April 2021

Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan

Sevilla 1 - 2 Espanyol
Zelaia, Rietz, Kovacic sent off

MOTM: Luis Alberto Martin

The red card situation is getting beyond a joke and I have issued a statement that the next player to receive a red card will be holding talks with me and the chairman about his future. We are here to play attractive football in a good manner and we are not a dirty club.

La Liga
Saturday 10th April 2021

Espanyol 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Costanzo

We just didn't turn up against Madrid. We may aswell turned over and let them have the three points. No fight, no desire and no spirit. I am absolutely disgraced at the performance which just happened and if they don't shape up against Barcelona they have handed the league back on offer.

La Liga
Wednesday 14th April 2021

Camp Nou

Barcelona 2 - 3 Espanyol
Serrano, Kovacic, Zelaia

What a fantastic comeback for us. We was 2-0 down in the first half and the game looked as good as won for Barca and they was going to steal a chase on the title race you thought wrong. We showed fighting attitude unlike last game to turn the game on its head and win the six-pointer game. Fantastic.

La Liga
Sunday 18th April 2021

Espanyol 1 - 1 Mallorca
Chigozie

Failed to capitilize on the previous result which we had which Barcelona can once again catch up to us and give us one **** of a fright during the run in of the last few games. We must defeat teams like this and maintain the top of the league spot.

La Liga
Saturday 24th April 2021

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Espanyol
Costanzo

What a crucial win for us at the Calderon!!! We are closing in on the title and we want to make this season successful. We must focus though and fight till the end for everything because we have worked so hard to get into this position. It was a game of limited chances but we took ours.

Player of the month

View attachment 345060
Mateo Kovacic
After his horrific injury he has come back replenished and in good form.

League Table
We will just have to wait and see till the end of next month!!

May / Mayo

View attachment 345061

La Liga
Sunday 2nd May 2021

Espanyol 6 - 0 Villarreal
Kovacic, Signori, Costanzo, Zelaia (3)

ITS OFFICIAL.

WE HAVE DONE IT AND WON THE LA LIGA. Madrid won't be happy its not theirs but they will be proud its the other side of Barcelona to the catalans. What a fantastic way to seal it aswell. With ease and a hat-trick for Oscar Zelaia who will have a memorable matchball probably the best of his collection. The crowd have been wild and behind us all season; What a fantastic day for the club and I would like to thank the chairman for supporting me in the market when I needed it.

View attachment 345069
Ours

La Liga
Sunday 9th May 2021

Estadio Mediterrano

Almeria 2 - 1 Espanyol
Costanzo

This is the only time I will accept loss. We have won one of the biggest leagues in the world and most of my players was still feeling the effects from the after-party. The performance of the match was poor by both sides and could of been played in the fourth division of English football and be classed as a poor game.

La Liga
Saturday 29th May 2021

Espanyol 0 - 0 Deportivo

We was greeted onto the pitch with a guard of honor from the Deportivo players and management which was a very special touch and the game was played in a beautiful manor with some excellent stuff played at times. We lifted the trophy infront of our fans and the place was buzzing with excitement.

Final League Table

View attachment 345086

Amazing mate, well done. I can see the Madrid offer being prepared for your come back, Woop. :)

Congrats mate. You creating a dynasty here before moving on or going to Madrid as soon as it appears? :P

Pre-Season and Transfers

View attachment 345431

View attachment 345432View attachment 345433View attachment 345434View attachment 345435View attachment 345436View attachment 345437View attachment 345438View attachment 345439View attachment 345440View attachment 345441View attachment 345442View attachment 345443View attachment 345444View attachment 345445

In's:

Muhammed Demirci - A free from Besiktas. I have seen the lad play a few times and he has an eye like an eagle. He his little and agile and will be a brilliant option for us this season.

Jair Guereno - The Mexican international from Dortmund on a pre-contract. He will spend the season on loan after he wouldn't fit in with our non 3 EU players so he will continue his development elsewhere this season.

Filip Djuricic - Another ex-player who was with me at Dortmund and has had a successful career so far in the best leagues in the world. I know he gives it 100% all of the time and has some fantastic feet.

Vivian Vidal - Defensive midfielder that has had raving reports out of France he will be the next Claude Makelele. We had to fight off the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Barcelona for his signature.

Aldo Dossena - Our highest transfer of the season as we had to act fast after Real Madrid activated Martin's release clause and basically bumped his wages from 100k per week to 275k.

Yuriy Yurchenko - Another player which gives us fantastic quality and is from the Ukraine who I checked last time was in the Ukraine but don't seem to let me register him as a European player so will probably looking for a loan.

Mark Geurts - Just days after he signed for Club Brugge we activated his release clause as he will have a good future in the game.

Out's:

L
uis Alberto Martin - A fantastic individual player and when a team with the history of Madrid comes calling and a player wants to leave it is only right to do so. I will look forward to coming up against him again this season and he has earned a move to such a wonderful team.

Nicusor Stanciu - Spent all of last season on loan and didn't feature in any of my plans this year. 14m is a good fee to get for an unwanted player.

Jordi Amat - Jordi was also on loan last year but I made plans to keep him but Valencia was offering him first team football and its horrible to keep him from it.

Vladimir Goncharov - Another player who was out on loan and never had ideas of playing him but Leverkusen seemed so keen on taking him for 17m after a season in Italy.

Jordan Ayew - Not needed and part of the rebuilding process. I am glad to get his 96k per week wages off the bill and save ourselves alot of money and invest in better replacements.

Felix Chigozie - An effective player but never cemented a first place last year after seeing most of his action from the bench. We have replaced with better quality and wish him all the best at West Brom.

Friendlies

Peterborough 1 - 0 Espanyol

Espanyol 4 - 1 Bochum
Serrano, Kovacic, Yurchenko (2)

Espanyol 0 - 2 Schalke

Mallorca 0 - 4 Espanyol
Rietz (2), Costanzo, Kovacic

Valladolid 2 - 2 Espanyol
Serrano, Kovacic

​LET THE SEASON COMMENCE.

August / Agosto

View attachment 345454

La Liga
Saturday 14th August 2021

Mestalla

Valencia 1 - 5 Espanyol
Perrin, Serrano, Zelaia, Costanzo, O.G, Bennett sent off

A fantastic result for the team on the opening day of the season and a chance at retaining our crown. Five goals away from home and against a title challenger is what we could of only dreamed of to start the season. The only downside is that Bennett got a red card which will dock him two weeks wages.

Spanish Super Cup First Leg
Thursday 19th August 2021

Benito Villamarin

Betis 0 - 3 Espanyol
Zelaia, Costanzo, Dossena

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic

Three goals in the last twenty minutes give us a brilliant advantage to take to our own ground. Dossena managed to get his name on the scoresheet on his debut which he was delighted with and we all was. We should protect the win at home but I've seen funny things in football!

La Liga
Sunday 22nd August 2021

Espanyol 0 - 1 Betis
Tagliafico sent off

Betis got revenge on us from the first leg and it hurt as we need to get off on the right foot in this league. Another red card is horrible and he will receive a 2 week fine and more serious punishments will be issued out now. This is ridiculous.

Spanish Super Cup Second Leg
Wednesday 25th August 2021

Espanyol 4 - 1 Betis (7-1 agg)
Costanzo (3), Serrano

MOTM: Rosario Costanzo

Excellent feeling to batter them after a terrible defeat only days earlier against them. Costanzo managed to get the matchball today in the final with an excellent performance. We have won our first silverware of the season in the first month. Hopefully the first of many.

La Liga
Saturday 28th August 2021

Santiago Bernabeu

Real Madrid 0 - 1 Espanyol
Iglesias, Katic sent off

MOTM: Igor Isaev

This felt like such more than a win and what it should be. It is a six-pointer and makes sure we stay ahead of Madrid in the table and a solid performance capped off with a beautiful goal made sure we won this important game. Katic is on his last warning after being sent off.

Player of the month

View attachment 345466
Rosario Costanzo
The lad is on fire once again.

League Table

View attachment 345467

Back